D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

Thateous

Explorer
Lupin puts his finger in his mouth, then up his nose, then in the air. He the sticks his nose as high into the air as he can as he sniffs around. He then makes a stank face and draws his bow before saying in goblin, "I wanna play! I wanna play!"

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Evelyn can identify the horses as belonging to Gundren Rockseeker and Sildar Hallwinter. The saddlebags have been looted. Nearby lies an empty leather map case.

Brother Lantern, you see two small humanoids in the edge of the forest to the west. Salazar, you see three small humanoids at the edge of the forest to the east. Everyone hears a loud snapping branch noise followed by a curse in the goblin tongue.

GM: Anyone who hasn't rolled Perception, roll perception DC 7. If you fail, you miss the first round of combat due to surprise.
[MENTION=6803664]ccs[/MENTION] Let me know if Roy's placement doesn't suit you.

Roll Initiative, if you get 16 or higher, you may post your round one actions, otherwise you will go after the goblins.
[sblock=Goblin Stats]GOBLIN
Small humanoid (goblinoid), neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (leather armor, shield)
Hit Points 7 (2d6)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 8 (-1) DEX 14 (+2) CON 10 (+0)
INT 10 (+0) WIS 8 (-1) CHA 8 (-1)
Skills Stealth +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 9
Languages Common, Goblin
Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
Nimble Escape. The goblin can take the Disengage or Hide action
as a bonus action on each of its turns.
ACTIONS
Scimitar. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 5 (ld6 + 2) slashing damage.
Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft.,
one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.
Goblins are black-hearted, gather in overwhelming
numbers, and crave power, which they abuse.
[/sblock][sblock=Map] gob amush play.png[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Taking cover in the wagon, Jax peaks out enough to see the goblins on the left side of the road. He grins, finally having a target for his spells. He holds a hand out, feeling the power uncurl from inside him. He lets the pressure build, then fires it at the nearest goblin on the left.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]. Damage: [roll1]

Thateous

Explorer
Lupin throws his shortbow at Brother Lantern as he dashes for the enemy. He circles behind the goblin, draws his two short swords, and says in goblin,"Me wanna play too!"

OOC: move and dash to e20 Ini: 1d20+4 21
Perc: 1d20+4 24

ccs

41st lv DM
(oops, I hadn't realized we'd started!)

For the 1st 1/2+ of the trip Roy has been sitting in the back of the wagon making small talk & nursing a bottle or two of ale.
It's a long ride through secure enough country. There's no use in getting all worked up early.
As the group nears Phandalin though Roy becomes more business like & alert. Switches his seating to the right hand side of the drivers bench (two squares above the N in wagon), loads his hand xbow, & makes sure his shield is in position for quick use. He's expecting trouble.
So it comes as no surprise to him when the dead horses are seen.

"GOBLINS! At 1, 3 & 5 o-clock!"

As soon as the goblins are seen Roy yells the warning & leaps off the wagon, moving 25' straight right on map, shoots goblin #5 in the face at about the 20"mark, and dropping the xbow & drawing his short sword continues to move 5' more into contact with goblin #4, intending to dispatch it as well.

1st = perception 2nd = initiative: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

Attack roll vs goblin #5: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

damage roll vs goblin #5: 2D6+3 = [2, 5]+3 = 10

So: Perception = 15
Initiative = 20
Attack roll vs goblin #5 = 25/crit
Damage vs goblin #5 = 10

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Two of the goblins fire arrows at Brother Lantern and Evelyn, but the arrows sail by harmlessly.
One goblin swings a scimitar at Lupin as he approaches, but fails to connect.
The final live goblin deals Roy a wicked slice which gets through his armor. He is gravely wounded.
OOC: Salazar, Brother Lantern and Evelyn are up next in initiative

Roy 1/13
Lupin 12/12
Jax 8/8
Salazar 13/13
Brother Lantern 11/11
Evelyn 15/15

G1 7/7
G2 4/7
G3 7/7
G4 7/7
G5 Dead