D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver - CG

eayres33

Explorer
Salazar looked at Jax as he burnt the body, he thought about stopping him but he didn’t, he did not know the old mage’s preferences for burial perhaps it was cremation that he wanted.

“I agree with Brother Lantern. If we can avoid bloodshed we should, but we must leave here and get on with our work. If it causes more death, we will all make amends for our actions when we can.”

tglassy

Adventurer
Jax nodded. "We've taken out the leader, but the Redbrand remain. If we simply leave, they'll just replace their leader and keep going."

Jax begins going through the documents and papers that Glasstaff had been going through on the table.

"Search the room for anything worth taking, and someone call in that Redbrand that is guarding the door. We'll tell him that I, Glasstaff, came found you all about to go through the secret door and came with, killing the intruder. But if they believe I'm Glasstaff, what shall I tell them to do? Leave? Regroup elsewhere? I don't think we should leave them to their own devices."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
"I suppose we could use them...have them patrol and defend the town...it would keep them busy, so they have less time to terrorize the people here. And it might make our jobs a little easier..."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Various papers and notes are stacked neatly on the desk, mostly consisting of Glasstaff's written orders to apothecaries and alchemists in nearby settlements for more materials for his workshop. You also see the following note. bsletter.png

The wizards robes contain nothing of value.

There is a chest at the foot of the bed.

eayres33

Explorer
Salazar looked over the note, “Do you think that is us, or do you think that is another group? The man that hired us was a dwarf I think?”

“I don’t like this place? We should put an end to this group, and perhaps find who is pulling the strings around here. Don’t really know where to start though?”

“Is that a chest?” Salazar said looking around the room, “Do you think he may have an extra cloak in there? These are nice.” He says running his fingers along the edge of his cloak.

tglassy

Adventurer
“I have my staff,” Jax said, still studying it. “If there is anything else, you may divvy it up as you wish. He likely has some treasure lying about somewhere.

“As for the Redbrands, I still think it could be useful, but without Glasstaff, it will crumble. I can send them to Neverwinter, telling them I will have more instructions when they get there. They will wonder why Glasstaff never shows up. They may come back. Or they may break up. Either way, they aren’t in our hair.”

He looks at them. “It is your call.”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Thateous

Explorer
"We could always sneak out the way we came in and just leave them to figure it out on their own. Although sending them to Neverwinter would be entertaining, however, I believe the note hints at a bigger fish pulling strings there, so we may bump into them again if we send them there..." Lupin says, digging in his nose the whole time.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
“I like the plan to send them to Neverwinter” Salazar says as he examines the chest without touching it. “These type of people usually don’t travel well, fights along the way in the cold, who has to walk who gets to ride on the chart, that type of thing.”

“Plus they may find more distractions in Neverwinter may turn to lesser sins.”

OOC:
Salazar will check the chest for traps, investigation and perception not sure what you would want.
Salazar Investigation: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

Salazar perception: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The chest does not appear to be trapped. Salazar opens it to discover it contains 180 sp, 130 gp, and a silk pouch containing five carnelians (10 gp each), two peridots (15 gp each), and one pearl (100 gp). There is a scroll case containing two scrolls, which are not intelligible to you at all.

River Song

Explorer
Brother Lantern looks over the items as they appear, "May I have a look at those scrolls please?" he asks.

Taking them with a quiet 'thank you' he tries to examine them to determine what they are for.

Remove ads