Pathfinder 1E Louis Porter Jr. Design Has a New Pathfinder Shirt Idea

Dannager

First Post
Im+Killing+Wotc+4e.jpg

You can read his blog post on the topic.

This is, in my opinion, an unacceptable message to hear with anything resembling a straight face from an RPG publisher. If WotC had even joked about putting out "I'M KILLING PATHFINDER RPG By playing Dungeons & Dragons 4e" on a t-shirt, they would be crucified. LPJ is an RPG publisher hitched to Pathfinder RPG. Is there any reason he shouldn't receive similar treatment?

I mean, hell, this is the sort of conduct that I can see being deserving of Paizo revoking his Pathfinder GCL.

I cannot believe this guy, after his April Fools joke that he had to apologise for. The guy is just not a good rep for the RPG industry.

Check out my sig, THAT is what people need to say

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ok, those who know me know I am adamantly against any thing 4.x and am with pathfinder all the way. Having said that I will now say that this Louis Porter Jr fellow is totally off base. I do not endorse this t-shirt.

That should about say it for me.

Dannager

First Post
Ok, those who know me know I am adamantly against any thing 4.x and am with pathfinder all the way.

I don't intend this as hostile at all, but I want to put forth the notion that perhaps the idea that you have to be "against anything 4.x" in order to be "with Pathfinder all the way" contributes to an environment that encourages things like anti-4e t-shirts by Pathfinder publishers.

I'm with 4e all the way (system-wise), but I'm not against Pathfinder in any sense whatsoever. I don't really know any 4e fans that are.

Crothian

First Post
You guys do know this is just more publicity for him. That's really all he cares about. He's been doing little things like this to get attention for years.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I don't intend this as hostile at all, but I want to put forth the notion that perhaps the idea that you have to be "against anything 4.x" in order to be "with Pathfinder all the way" contributes to an environment that encourages things like anti-4e t-shirts by Pathfinder publishers.

I'm with 4e all the way (system-wise), but I'm not against Pathfinder in any sense whatsoever. I don't really know any 4e fans that are.

Sorry if I came accross so sternly. i was just saying that as someone that was totally against 4.e and pro pathfinder I still find his actions reprehensible and unprofessional. that is all Zi was saying.

You guys do know this is just more publicity for him. That's really all he cares about. He's been doing little things like this to get attention for years.

No. i did not know.

IronWolf

blank
While I don't think the sentiment expressed on the shirt is a good one, I don't see an uproar from the shirt being the right thing either. Don't buy the shirt if you don't like it and don't buy LPJ products if you don't like the products or attitude of the company.

As Crothian said, things like this are done for attention and reactions like this just bring it further to the front and bring even more notice to the company.

Henry

Autoexreginated
This board doesn't have a facepalm smilie, so I'll settle for a :erm:

--Henry, avowed player of almost any D&D that has ever existed.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
There was a post on Louis's blog about this that explains a lot:

Michael Griffin-Wade said:
Wow, no one gets the reference. Personally I think it's great. It's a play on "I'm killing newspapers by reading webcomics" people.(PvPonline Archive You’re Killing Newspapers by Reading This) I know I'm killing the joke by explaining it, but it's ironic because it doesn't really happen. WOTC succeeds or fail on it's own merits. Same goes for Paizo and all the rest.

Personally I think Pathfinder helps keep the D&D brand alive, and therefor helps WOTC.

IMHO it jams the finger in the eye of those people who love the edition wars if you ask me.

I might pick one of these up at PaizoCon Louis.

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

Dannager

First Post
There was a post on Louis's blog about this that explains a lot:

Suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

I have little doubt that the message made perfect sense to LPJ when he wrote it, but it's also perfectly clear that almost everyone is unfamiliar with the original reference. To most observers, it has no secondary meaning. In fact, the blog post that linked me to LPJ's post was pretty clearly supportive of the superficial message. If the joke were more widely-known, this might (arguably) have some ironic merit. As is, though, it's being seen as an ugly rallying cry to Pathfinder players.

Remove ads