• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Low and no damage characters

Mengu

First Post
Such a party would quickly become a turtle. You are all about denial, defense, and healing. These make the most boring and frustrating combats. At higher levels, unless you are putting some effort into damage, you will quickly run out of encounter powers, and then the long drawn out process of beating on the enemy with your at-will powers will proceed. I'm not a fan. Every party needs a striker or two (not necessarily class role, but at least character role). Fortunately, the system does everything it can to make sure you don't have a completely gimped character in the damage department. You pretty much have to go out of your way to not do damage.

Turtlejay

First Post
Such a party would quickly become a turtle. You are all about denial, defense, and healing. These make the most boring and frustrating combats. At higher levels, unless you are putting some effort into damage, you will quickly run out of encounter powers, and then the long drawn out process of beating on the enemy with your at-will powers will proceed. I'm not a fan. Every party needs a striker or two (not necessarily class role, but at least character role). Fortunately, the system does everything it can to make sure you don't have a completely gimped character in the damage department. You pretty much have to go out of your way to not do damage.

This is what I was looking for. Some base mechanical reason why it may be a bad thing. Running out of encounter powers early in the fight and having to resort to at wills is definitely an issue for a party like this. Good insight.

Jay

Remove ads