[LPF]A Merchant in Need of Assistance

sunshadow21

Explorer
I'll give you guys till Monday to do any roleplaying of whatever you want to do with the adept, Roondar, and Gregori's family. 48 hours from now, I will post the final reward information as well as time gp and xp.

Mahorfeus

First Post
OOC: Ouch, a little abrupt, but I suppose that's a tad necessary. Unless somebody else decides to kill the guy, I suppose we can assume we took him prisoner?

Bozzago would wrap Gregori's body with the blanket he had stowed away, shaking his head as he carefully loaded it onto the wagon. He had not known the human very well, but he had been an ally nonetheless. Turning to his fellow tengu, he would suggest that they seek out any relatives Gregori might have had, so that they could give them his body and belongings.

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: I apologize for the abruptness, but given how close we were to the finish and having one character dead, and another player having real life difficulties, I wanted to try to wrap it up as cleanly as possible before everyone else just plain lost interest.

sunshadow21

Explorer
The party returns to town without incident. The guards at the gate stop them and question them about their business, as by this time, it is extremely late at night. After hearing their story, relieving them of their prisoner, and paying a small reward of 25 gp each for the prisoner, the guards finally allow the party to enter town.

By this time it is almost morning,the sun is once more starting to peek above the horizon; the gnomes don't look like they slept any the previous night, and Roondar is really starting to look like he needs a good couple days of nothing but sleep; they are none the less awake, and though very concerned when they only see 3 of you, are relieved that the mission, while lethal, could be considered at least a partial success. They quickly pull the wagon to the backyard and Alf unseals it while the party eats upstairs; they are soon rejoined by Roondar, who is bearing several items of interest. First, he carries a potion of cure light wounds for each surviving member of the party; second, he carries a small chest that had been inside the wagon that held what was originally going to be the guards final pay, but instead, serves as you pay. He pays out to each of you 200 gold pieces, while setting aside an equal amount for Gregori's family. He also tells you he has sent word to Gregori's family that something has happened and someone needs to come to the alchemist's shop to deal with the tragic situation.

As you are finishing breakfast, Alf and someone clearly recognizable as Gregori's brother comes upstairs. The brother is both annoyed and worried at the same time, though he is trying to hide the worried part, especially when he doesn't see Gregori eating breakfast with you. As you share your experiences, the annoyed look slowly disappears to be replaced with a tired and eventually saddened look. With a much chastened and pained tone at the end, he thanks you and Roondar all for your efforts in bringing his brother back and providing funds for a proper funeral. He also says that the family will need time to grieve, but that they would be putting up a bounty for the fiend responsible for this, and they would do everything in their power to bring the bandits to justice for their crimes. He then departs with his brother's body to bear the news to the rest of the family, many of whom were waiting to see precisely what the problem was, since the note, while not specific, was still quite ominous.

Not long thereafter, the entire group splits off, Roondar to get some much needed sleep, Alf to start preparing his fresh inventory for the shop, and the 3 tengu return to Dunn Wright Inn to catch up on some sleep themselves before going shopping, dreams of how they planned on spending their new found wealth floating through their heads.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=Final Rewards]Time XP = 259
Time GP = 222

Reward for handing over bandit to guards = 25 gp each
Reward from Roondar = 200 gp each & 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds each[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
First off great game everyone. :) I enjoyed your dip in the creak (got to love rickety old bridge traps) and posting afterwards. I think you took any miss posts in stride and keep the game flowing for a great read. I hope to see more of this great murder(group) in the future.

First thing I want to do is handle Gregori's death. I'm going to lay out all the numbers so please follow along at home if you like.

Encounter XP: 650 (should be reward xp for the last fight I think it is missing in first post)
Time XP: 259 (37 days at 7 xp per day)
Total: 909 (which btw should be everyones XP total ;))

Ok you take the 909 XP and divide it by 2 Your total starting XP for a new character is going to be 455 XP and your 1st lvl.

Then you take 455 XP and divide by 7 (time xp for being 1st lvl) for a total of 65.

The 65 is then multiplied by 6 (time GP for being 1st lvl) for a total of 390 GP. NOTE: You may not spend more than 50% of this GP on any one item (so max item cost for this is 195gp)

You also get your normal 150gp (or 900gp for rich parents) which has no limitations on spending. For a grand look of...

Starting XP: 455
Starting GP: 390 +

Will tidy up for the others here in a minute.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And now for everyone else. First all XP are approved :) and each of you should have a total of 909 XP.

Now for the tougher stuff. Treasure :D

Ok I have total Encounter GP at 3,000gp (break down below) and this should be divide by all four of you so that is 750gp each. Then you take and add in your Time GP bonus (222gp) and that gives you a total of 972gp to each player.

Breakdown:
First encounter (thugs): CR 2 = 600gp (150gp each)
Bridge trap: CR 1 = 400gp (100gp each)
Broken Log skill challenge: CR 1 = 400 (100gp each)
Archer Ambush: CR 1 400gp (100gp each)
Final Fight (bandits): CR 3 = 1,200gp (300gp each)
Time GP: 37 days x 6 GP per day = 222gp each

Total share for each player: 972gp

Now that is everything including money given to you by NPC's and what you would have as cash if you sold everything. But you might not want to do that. First thing you need to do is decide what stuff from the loot list you wish to "buy" from your share.

Loot:
leather armor(x5): 10gp each = 50gp
shortswords(x5): 10gp each = 50gp
longbows(x2): 75gp each = 150gp
masterwork arrows(x35): 6gp each = 210gp
masterwork studded leather: 175gp
masterwork light crossbow: 335gp
wand of cure light(5 charges): 75gp
potions, cure light(x4): 50gp each = 200gp
potion, shield of faith: 50gp

Now we could assume you all wish to each keep one of the potions of healing, and thus if you each did you would start with:

922gp + potion of cure light wounds(1d8+1)

and the above list would only have one cure light potion instead of four. Please do all your dividing here anything not "bought" will be put into the Mystic Pearl thread. NOTE: Mundane items will not be transferred.

Once you are done here any leftover GP is yours to go to the Mystic Pearl and spend on what you would like, before returning to the inn and jumping in another game. :)

Any questions let me know I will be about.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And lastly DM credits, (almost forgot :blush:)

sunshadow21 is here by rewarded 2.59 DMCs for his running of the Grand adventure "A Merchant in Need of Assistance" - from here on in to be called (AMiNoA) -

Your AMiNoA credits can be added to any character or saved and be used to purchase a third character (the only way a person is allowed a third btw) for 6 DMCs.

Also your AMiNoA credits are to spent in whole and the leftover saved to be added to by further DMing. ( I think 2 DMCs might just raise Ausk to 2nd lvl btw).

And lastly I will never type AMiNoA again after this, :( darn.

HM

Remove ads