[LPF] About a Cow

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon lowers his dagger upon witnessing Aelspeth parley with the newcomer. A hint of an emotion, relief perhaps, crosses his face."As long as we fulfill our mission, I see no problem with it." His tone is firm and business-like. With a quick motion his dagger disappears up his sleeve, and a soft mechanical click can be heard. His cloak billows in a slight breeze as he abruptly turns and heads back down the hill towards the cave.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aelspeth, Arradon, and Autumn have barely agreed to work together with Rak'tan when there is a rustling and scraping sound from above. Four kobolds appear in the sideways door of the toppled keep wrangling a heavy crossbow sized for a human. They lift it up to the edge of the door and aim it down towards Rak'tan. They are mostly obscured by the slanting wall but they can see clearly into the area at the bottom of the slope where the four adventurers stand.

GM: Combat begins; Round One!
No surprise, everyone goes before the kobolds.

[sblock=OOC]Sideview map of Starlight Keep:
Kobolds are in area 2, roughly 30 ft above the party in area 1.
A rope dangles from area 2 down to area 1.
The door to area 4 is filled with rock and rubble.

Kobolds AC 19 (cover); hp 5, 5, 5, 5

QrVcNg.png

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Can Autumn run up and get all four in the cone of burning hands? If so, that's what she does. Later tonight when I have computer access I'll type that post up. If she can't get all 4, I'll wait and do something else.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'd like to hear the ruling on Autmn's burning hands before I act. The LoS and cone coverage could each be relevant to Aelspeth's action as well. Alternatively, FJ, you could save your spell for something less susceptible to color spray. Four kobolds sitting in a hole sounds like the perfect grouping to end this encounter instantly and head in deeper.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]The kobolds are in the room above the party, peering down. They are 30 ft straight up. Unless Autumn can run up walls the answer is 'No'. Please, please, please, read my posts carefully.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I had a fuzzy visual. The four kobolds wrangling the crossbow together made me question how much constitutes "mostly obscured". I'll take it to mean just their heads poking out and move on. Thanks for the rapid resolution. IC post coming soon.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]No cover but the kobolds wouldn't be able to fire straight down. Going up the slope away from the lair would also put you out of the line of fire but would also be impossible to do anything to the kobolds.[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
The kobolds pose a clear and unquestionable danger that the tiefling did not. Aelspeth snatches an arrow from the quiver on her hip and fires upward. She miscalculates the trajectory and her missile snaps on the unusual material of the fallen keep's wall. She suggests, "Gentlemen, Autumn and I can cover you while you close with the enemy. They have height and cover that we do not. We have to level the odds."

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Fire longbow at kobolds (11)
Arrow breaks >50: 1D100 = [55] = 55[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (18/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1, Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

Remove ads