log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=OOC]If you're unarmed you don't threaten and therefore, don't get an attack of opportunity. Unfortunately, firebolt doesn't count as being armed.[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MerryMortician

First Post
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth dusts herself off briefly and looks up just in time to see the tiny monster flit into range and slash Arradon across the jaw. Her own jaw drops and her eyes shine in the magical light. "Fascinating!" she whispers mostly to herself. Then more pointedly to her fellows, she says, "That's an augur kyton! They are susceptible to the powers of light and to silvered weapons."

Aelspeth quickly draws and fires an arrow from three feet away, catching the evil outsider between the shifting plates of its cage body. She has no time to celebrate, however, as the arrow did not punch very deep and a bladed chain instantly swipes up to cut away the shaft.

[sblock=OOC]Take 10 on K(Planes) for a result of 20.
Standard:Shoot augur kyton: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
1D8-1 = [3]-1 = 2


FJ, ranged attacks never threaten squares so neither of us can make an AoO :([/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (17/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: ---
Consumables: Wand of CLW -3 (-1 for Autumn), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]
 

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon swipes at the creature as it approaches, but a chain easily deflects it. Perhaps misdirection. He makes as if to strike the creature from the left, but instead quickly changes the angle of attack in an attempt to throw the creature off balance.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
AoO:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Feint:[roll2]
Arradon's Bluff is actually +9, not +8, so add 1 to the above result.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 15/26 (5)
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1 Charge)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Glad you could you join me. The words infuriated Autumn to no end. Deep within a kobold lair, in the dark, caught in a net, after missed a jump. With everything that has gone wrong, how could he be as nonchalant as he is? Then it struck her. She was glad too, and more importantly, Autumn embraced the absurdity of it all. She came to appreciate Arradon's words. In this moment of prescient clarity, Autumn Foxfire became a true adventurer. "Arradon, there's no place I would rather be!" In this situation of circumstances most dire, she relished the idea of being the underdog. A determination overcame her to strive her towards victory. This must be the feeling that her father always championed and her mother always worried about.

Reality set in. There was a kobold on the way down, and a strange bladed-eyeball-monster floating in front of her. What would she do? Autumn decided to protect Aelspeth's weakside. "Aelspeth, I have your back. I'll take the kobold!" She steps towards the offending dragon creature. After shedding her bow to the floor, she draws her sword. As she goes to strike, tragedy rears it's ugly head. Her foot gets caught on a wayward piece of the netting, and her sword meagerly swings through the empty air.


[/section]
Map after Autumn

[sblock=Actions]5-Step: E12
Free: Drop bow
Move: Draw sword
Standard: Attack kobold F11[/sblock]

[sblock=Attack: Miss]Attack kobold: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merry]I aspire to achieve the depth, detail, and overall quality of not just your writing, but characterizations and overall ideas![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 14/16 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Acrobatics: +9
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 5/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Armed: Longsword
Conditions: Light (on arrow in chamber), Bow on floor

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I apologize for my long absence. I had a good holiday and hope you all did, too. Lots of distractions and an unreliable means of posting meant I couldn't get a post in. And tonight I'm really tired and ready to drop into bed but I promise you, I'll have a post up tomorrow.[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
A kobold ducks under Rak'tan's attack and another shifts position. All three stab at the tiefling with their long knives. Dark luck is with the kobolds as all three knives sink home in Rak'tan's flesh. Rak'tan falls to the floor with a loud clatter, unconscious but still alive. The kobolds crow with their success.

Aelspeth gets a good shot off at the kyton but the arrow barely leaves a scratch. The metal seems to flow almost like molten metal and fills in the scratch leaving no indication of her attack.

The kyton seems confused by Arradon's feint but the action stresses the wound and blood flows from his jawline again. The kyton flails at Arradon with its chains but in its confusion it misses.

Autumn stumbles and the kobold grins, draws its sword, and darts forward to press the attack. Autumn isn't the only one that stumbles and the kobold's attack fails to strike true.

GM: Round Four: Everyone (except the unconscious Rak'tan) is up.


[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Gah! Bad luck for Rak'tan :(
Feint successful!

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 13/26 [5 non-lethal] + 1d2 Bleed: Arradon bleed: 1D2 = [2] = 2
Autumn: hp 14/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious

Kobolds: AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 12; 12; 12; 12; 0 hp
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp
Kobold attacks: vs Raktan: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
for vs Raktan: 1D4 = [1] = 1
1D4 = [1] = 1
1D4 = [3] = 3

vs Autumn: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D4 = [1] = 1


Augur kyton AC 17/T 15/FF 14; 19 hp: dmg taken [1]
Action: vs Arradon: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D4-1 = [3]-1 = 2


[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Seeing the heavily armored kobold draw closer, Autumn realizes that the armor must be compensating for mobility. Practicing in the forest with her father allowed her to realize that her natural fire attacks were more accurate on slower creatures. With this realization fresh in her mind, she holds her sword up with one hand, but lets loose a fiery burst of energy with the other. The flames singe through the kobold's shoulder protection. With her attention drawn to the creature in front of her, "How do we all fare?" Autumn calls out assertively, her voice echoing through the chambers.


[/SECTION]

[sblock=Actions]
5-Step: E11
Standard: Ranged Touch Kobold F11 (Attack 15, Damage 3)
Free: Speak
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Map link doesn't work?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 14/16 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Acrobatics: +9
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Armed: Longsword
Conditions: Light (on arrow in chamber), Bow on floor E12

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 



ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon sees an opening in the kyton's defenses. Strike now. With the honed instincts of a trained killer he strikes the bulbous eye in the center of the plates with the mithril dagger. As the kyton shudders from the initial impact Arradon strikes the pommel of the dagger with his off hand, driving the blade even deeper into the foul creature. He retracts the blade with a flourish; the kyton's dark blood mingling with his own on the castle floor.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Sneak Attack:[roll2]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 13/26 (5)
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1 Charge)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=Critical Hit]
Confirm:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
I'm glad this happened. I had a whole cinematic thing playing through my mind all day!
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Our rolls were due to turn around at some point! I love when I get the imagination of the scene stuck in my head too![/sblock]
 
Last edited:


GlassEye

First Post
To reach the kobolds Erin has to run across a log precariously wedged in the doorway and stretched across a considerable drop. Down there it seems several elves are fighting some sort of chain creature but her focus is on reaching the kobolds and she doesn’t make out much more than that. From the end of the log she has to drop down about ten feet to a landing where the tiefling she saw battling the kobolds lies unconscious. She drops and lands harder than expected; she may have sprained an ankle though it is not so severe as to hinder her movement. Her attack is solid though not quite enough to take out one of the kobolds.

There is no response from Rak’tan as Autumn calls out her question though the sound of battle can still be heard from above and she would swear she just saw someone up above cross the log. However, when Autumn blasts the kobold with her firebolt she finds it is just a bit quicker and its blade snaps out and pricks her. She is still able to blast it in retaliation, though.

Arradon can feel the blood soaking into his shirt. He needs to end this, and quickly, so that he can get healing to stop the flow of his life’s blood. He very nearly does it: his attack is skillfully placed and executed perfectly. Broken bits of metal fall to the floor with the tinkle of falling icicles but it is not quite enough. The creature still hovers dangerously close to Arradon though anyone nearby can tell that it is severely wounded.

GM: Round Four continuing: Aelspeth is up.


[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Anastrace, welcome!
Also, Erin has to drop 10 ft to reach the kobolds (after crossing the log). Because it is a deliberate jump it is nonlethal damage. Unfortunately, she missed the Acrobatics roll to avoid damage altogether (Erin Ref save: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5; normally you would make this but I did it this time to keep things rolling) and takes nonlethal: 1D6 = [5] = 5 dmg.

Francis John, spell-like abilities provoke attacks of opportunity.

Trogdor, hopefully it won’t be long before we get Rak’tan back up and active.

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 11/26 [5 non-lethal] + 1d2 Bleed: Arradon bleed: 1D2 = [2] = 2
Autumn: hp 11/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 14/14 [5 non-lethal]

Kobolds: AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 9 / 12; 12; 6; 0 hp
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp
Kobold attacks: AoO vs Autumn: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
1D4 = [3] = 3


Augur kyton AC 17/T 15/FF 14; 19 hp: dmg taken [16]
Action:

[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

First Post
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth draws and fires once more as Arradon's dagger plunges into the metal monstrosity's single eye, spewing blood and a viscous, off-white gelatin over the elf's torn leather armor. The augur kyton's chains flail in agony and Aelspeth's arrow explodes in a shower of splinters before it reaches her intended target. The iron arrowhead disappears into the scrap metal pile, indistinguishable from so many blades, chains, and armor plates.

[sblock=OOC]Standard: Shoot augur kyton: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D8-1 = [4]-1 = 3

Miss. Does not provoke due to augur kyton's Tiny size.
Arrow breaks >50: 1D100 = [64] = 64
Move: ---

Thank you all so much for your patience this past week! I'm back now. And FJ, thanks for the compliment.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (16/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: ---
Consumables: Wand of CLW -3 (-1 for Autumn), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

First Post
Above, the kobolds move to surround Erin and stab at her though luck favors her for the moment and all three attacks miss.

Below, the kobold facing Autumn attacks with his long knife. It scratches her, inflicting a slight wound.

The kyton facing Arradon and Aelspeth goes still for a moment then moves its chains in a curious pattern and reaches out in a strangely tentative fashion…

[sblock=Spellcraft DC 16]The augur kyton has invoked an Inflict Light Wounds.[/sblock]

GM: Round Five: Everyone is up.
Kyton provokes an AoO from Arradon.


[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 8/26 [5 non-lethal] + 1d2 Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 14/14 [5 non-lethal]

Kobolds: AC 17/T 14/FF 14; 9 / 12; 12; 6; 0 hp
Note: all kobolds in this room have same AC & hp
Kobold attacks: vs Erin: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

vs Autumn: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D4 = [1] = 1


Augur kyton AC 17/T 15/FF 14; 19 hp: dmg taken [16]
Action: Touch vs Arradon: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
If Arradon’s AoO doesn’t take it out then Arradon will take ILW: 1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6 damage and becomes staggered.

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


"Heavens me! I never realized how open my fire attack leaves me! Autumn you idiot!" The druid gets rather distraught by the fact that no one answered her call, but at least she heard the sounds of combat behind her. Autumn takes note that she didn't hear Rak'tan up top, but the kobolds curiously aren't coming down. She takes a quick peek around, and sees both elves alive and well. Although mysterious creature's motions are truly befuddling, intuition tells her that some one is going to be in a world of hurt. "Arradon! Watch out!"

Autumn sees no better option than to continue her sword fight with the kobold in front of her. This time, her swing lands true, clipping the kobold right in the side. Finding a gap in the armor, she continues slicing through. Blood spills everywhere, and the kobold falls. After killing her foe, and quickly takes out the healing wand in anticipation of the nasty spell.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Spellcraft (Identify Spell 17)
Standard: Melee attack kobold F11 (Attack 24, Damage 4, Crit 24, Damage 7)
Move: Draw wand of Cure Light Wounds
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]There's some more rolls! Ealt, you started a trend![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 10/16 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Acrobatics: +9
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +9
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Armed: Longsword
Conditions: Light (on arrow in chamber), Bow on floor E12

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


ealt

Explorer
[sblock=AOO & Will Save]
AOO vs Augur Kyton:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Will Save (If memory serves, I get one):[roll2]
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
Arradon isn't able to take advantage of the kyton's vulnerability as it invokes magic but the elf does resist most of the effects of that magic. Fresh wounds still open where the kyton touches Arradon, and though not as severe Arradon isn't sure how much more of this punishment he can take.

[sblock=OOC]Yes, Rak'tan is still unconscious.

Sorry, ealt, I forgot about the save. You are correct, though, and Arradon made the save for half damage (already marked above).[/sblock]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top