log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] About a Cow

GlassEye

First Post
Arradon pierces the eye of the augur kyton and his repeated stabbing leaves the creature little more than a jellied smear, bent plates, and broken chains scattered across the floor. With the dangerous little creature destroyed it is short work to surround and kill or capture the two remaining kobolds.

Rak'tan is still unconscious but seemingly stable where he lies on the floor. Aelspeth, Arradon, and Autumn face an unknown tiefling woman who aided them with the kobolds.

Searching both the lower and upper rooms turns up a few trinkets that might bring some coin if sold in the markets in Venza. Otherwise, these rooms are both fairly common living quarters for kobolds. There is one exception: a secret door, spotted by Arradon, in the ceiling of the lower room. Its distance from the floor will make it difficult to reach.

GM: Combat over!
Autumn levels to 3 (3,304 xp on 12/8/2015)
Rak'tan levels to 2 (1,427 xp on 12/12/2015)
Congrats and feel free to level up.


[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26 + Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 3/13 [4 non-lethal] Unconscious
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

FrancisJohn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Can Autumn meditate for an hour in the tower and get her new spells? How high is the secret door? Do I get the new hp from leveling?[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Presuming the party agrees to spend the time, Autumn could fill her open spell slots by spending 15 minutes (normally an hour but her open slots equal less than 1/4 of her available slots so the time is reduced). The secret door is 20 feet from the sloped portion of the floor. Autumn does get her new hp from leveling but still retains any damage that she has taken until healed.[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


After the battle, first she asks Aelspeth for the wand back, so she can heal Rak'tan. Whispering the command into the magic device causes healing energy to fill the fallen tiefling's body. Uncomfortable in most social situations, she leaves introductions with the new tiefling to her companions. Squinting in the dimming light, Autumn takes a minute to cast light spells until satisfactorily illuminated.

Afterwards, Autumn silently goes about collecting her lost arrow and her armaments she dropped. She takes note of the secret door. "Guys, I have a strange feeling I-I-I can get up there.... somehow. Can you g-give me a few minutes to think about it." She quietly sits down where she is, and crosses her legs and closes her eyes. Autumn thinks about many things. Her failed jump, all of the magic in the wand. The existence of this dungeon. The haunted kitchen. The Jezz family. The unique creature. She breathes in, and out. Clarity.

About twenty minutes go by, and she feels a spider crawl up her arm. She opens her palm and invites the spider into her hand. She gently closes her fingers and smiles. She whispers to the spider. "Thank you."

With a burst of speed, Autumn begins to effortlessly scale the wall! Somehow, her hands and boots magically attach themselves to the side of the keep and she reaches the ceiling in no time at all! Before she goes about opening the door, she studies it intently first, conscious of the traps that have been planted so far. If safe and unlocked, she opens the secret door and peers inside, casting light if necessary.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Heal Rak'tan (9)
Cast Light on random spots all over the two chambers.
Gather all belongings.
Meditate for twenty minutes.
Cast Spiderclimb
Climb wall
Investigate secret door (17)
Open secret door
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC (Edited)]I didn't pick feats or skills yet, but I updated the basics on my stat block to keep the adventure moving. Is that alright? I'll finish up the level early this week.

Choices are locked in, just waiting for approval![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

First Post
Rak’tan is considerably restored when Autumn uses the wand on him.

After Autumn’s amazing use of magic to scale the wall she is able to study the secret door up close. It looks like she will be able to open it but a whiff of something like the rot of deep caves tickles her nose. Despite the faint odor it doesn’t appear that the kobolds have had any contact with this door.

Not expecting any traps, Autumn opens the door. It flies open from the weight of what rested upon it almost knocking Autumn from her perch on the wall. If not for her magic it is quite possible she could have lost her hold and fallen. Instead, a mass of guano, centipedes, roaches, and young scorpions rains down and splatters on the floor. A sussurus of flapping wings grows loud and then faint as nesting bats fly from the room above and out some unseen way.

When it is clear Autumn peeks into the room. The smell of disturbed guano is overpowering but the bats have, for the moment, left. Inside, the room is partially collapsed and the stone and earth make a narrow divide that leads to the upper room. Autumn can’t see all of it from her position but from the glow above she can tell there is a break in the tower wall, a window, perhaps, that allows in the light from outside.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26 + Bleed
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 12/13
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
Feeling consciousness return to his body Rak'Tan quickly jumps back to his feet. "Well, it would appear that I am still alive. I owe you all my life, I would surely have perished in this place had I not met you all." Spotting another of his kind, a female to be exact, a look of shock finds it's way onto Rak'Tan's face. Looking back to his companions he asks with a disarming smile "And who might this beautiful creature be?"
 

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
The kyton defeated, Arradon crouches and carefully picks up the wrapping that had been covering his tattoo. It appears to be a hand-woven scarf of some kind of silken material with a leaf-like pattern. He gazes at it a moment before carefully winding back into place around his upper arm, once again concealing the mark. He applies pressure to the wound on his forearm in an attempt to stop the bleeding, but a thin rivulet of blood still trickles from the wound. Placing his back against a nearby wall, he sits down to rest while Autumn clambers up the chamber wall to explore the hidden room.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Heal:[roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


"Guys, give me a minute and I'll let you know what's up here." Gulping in disgust at the smell of bat droppings, she peers inside and takes a look around. Hopefully safe, she climbs inside the chamber and studies the area intently, searching for anything interesting, magical or not.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Perception: 27
Knowledge Dungeoneering: 11
Detect Magic
Knowledge Arcana if anything magical: 12

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Word of the Day: Sussurus[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

First Post
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

After the rush of danger recedes, Aelspeth nods in acknowledgment of Rak'Tan's gratitude. She checks over the second newcomer with a queer expression. "Stranger bedfellows..." she seems to mutter to herself. "Welcome, Lady, and thank you for your timely intervention.". The elf woman looks around at her companions and then points to each in turn, saying, "We are Autumn, Arradon, Rak'Tan, and Aelspeth." The tiefling warrior speaks up then, with perhaps the threat of a flirtatious tone. Aelspeth pauses to gauge the horned woman's reaction.

After making introductions and accepting Erin into the party, Aelspeth watches Autumn begin to meditate. "I suppose this is as good a time as any to study," she says to the room at large. Oddly, the room itself seems to swallow her words. Perhaps it is the strange material of the old tower walls, or perhaps the mountains of guano and kobold refuse. She commits little thought to the matter, instead seeking comfort in the familiar ritual of priming spell energies for later execution. While she studies, she whispers arcane words and gestures intermittently. Darwin sits in her lap all the while, leaning over the worn spellbook as if he too is committing something to memory.

Shortly before Autumn finishes meditating, Aelspeth closes the leatherbound book with a deliberate motion and stows it. She moves over to the position where Arradon is resting and offers him a handful of dried fruit and nuts. "You know," she begins awkwardly. "I had forgotten to keep hydrated through that first leg of exploration." She drinks deeply from her canteen and presses the cork back into place. She moves as if to put the canteen away, hesitates, and then holds it out toward the other elf. "You, ah...You lost quite a lot of blood. I'm sure you must be parched." It is obvious that she wants to say more but lacks the words. Whether or not she noticed the exposure of Arradon's tattoo is unclear.

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (15/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Levitate, Levitate
Consumables: Wand of CLW -5 (-1 for Autumn, -1 for Rak’Tan, -1 for Arradon), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]
 

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon nods in acknowledgement during the introductions. He spends most of the time propped up against the wall trying not to strain himself. He accepts the nuts from Aelspeth and quickly devours them. When she proffers her canteen he grins weakly before producing his own from the folds of his cloak. He takes a long pull from it before secreting it away once again. "Thanks." After sitting in silence for a few minutes he produces the silver ring from the collapsed passage earlier. "What do you make of this trinket? The way things have been going I'd bet it's cursed."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
GlassEye, am I allowed to take 20 to stop the bleed effect?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
The strange, tiefling woman looks wary but moves to Arradon when he begins binding his bleeding wound. Her actions are clumsy but just enough help to Arradon to stop the annoying trickle of blood.

Autumn moves up the broken room like a creature born to climbing. The light from above comes from a narrow rectangle cut from the stone. A shaft of light illuminates a corpse sprawled on the floor of the upper room. The body has been dead a week at least, perhaps longer, though it is difficult to tell since the insects have been at it. One leg is twisted underneath the body and it looks like he fell through the window and died. Though spotted with guano, this is obviously the wizard Rak’tan, and Erin, though the group doesn’t know it yet, is searching for.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

I’ll give Anastrace a little more time before I post a verbal response from Erin. However: Erins heal: 1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12 Aid successful, so Arradon’s heal makes the mark and ends the bleed.

Ring = Protection +1. I forget what the DC is to identify it and I'm too tired to look it up right now.

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 12/13
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]
 

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

175px-Erin_vaneese_cropped.png

"Well, thanks for the assist there. Not sure if I could have lasted much longer there. I'm Erin, swordswoman errant. You all are?" Erin busies herself cleaning her sword, and shaking off the dirt from her silken armor.
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
Still a bit in shock over seeing another of his own kind Rak'Tan finally replies "I am Rak'Tan Veragni, and if you hadn't noticed, I'm an aspiring swordsman as well" He then pats the greatsword strapped across his back for emphasis.
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
Once satisfied with her through search, Autumn scampers down and relays every detail of what she saw and thought.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the brief post. Long day IRL and didn't want to hold up the game. Also, what ring?[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

First Post
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth traces the sign of visions in the air in front of her face and whispers, "Leita syn." She blinks rapidly as if to clear some foreign object from her eye. When she opens her eyes again, they gleam with a surreal quality, a soft white glow emanating from behind the irises. She presses her spectacles up her nose and takes the ring from Arradon's open palm.

The wizard turns the ring over, looking at it from this angle and that. She studies the aura surrounding it, dissects the component qualities of the mystical energies forged into the metal, recalls her studies. After several long breaths, she hands it back to Arradon, saying, "Ironically, the ring has warding properties and was likely crafted to avoid mishaps like the cave-in. You earned that piece. It is plain and could have done with some etching or filigree but it will serve you."

[sblock=FrancisJohn]Arradon found a Ring of Protection in the hole that caved in upon him on the first floor. ealt has been waiting for an appropriate moment to have Arradon show it to someone and have it identified since it didn't seem to fit the scene at the time it was discovered.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth’s Mini Stats]Aelspeth Noromiel
HP: 17/18 (5 nonlethal)
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +7
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC), ioun torch, unseen servant
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (15/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
2nd Level: Glitterdust, Levitate, Levitate
Consumables: Wand of CLW -5 (-1 for Autumn, -1 for Rak’Tan, -1 for Arradon), Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]Erin helps Arradon fasten a crude bandage around his wound. "Not the really the hands of a healer, eh?" Never the less he nods in gratitude for her assistance. Once Aelspeth finishes her examination of the ring Arradon accepts it back and looks at it in his palm. He lets out a laugh, "It just figures, doesn't it?" He slips it on his finger and flexes his hand. I wonder if Autumn has found anything. He unsteadily stands up and walks over towards the hidden doorway. He calls out to Autumn, "Find anything?"
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: Bleed (1d2)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Autumn climbs back down the walls, perhaps even with a hint of a smile. She actually quite enjoyed climbing the walls as a spider would. She speaks to the group. "Rak'tan, d-d-did you say you were looking for some one, and that's why you were here? There is a corpse, long gone, in that room. If this tower truly fell down and is 'sideways' now, it appeared they must have accidentally fell through a window. I thought it best to let him rest in peace as he lie, unless someone else thinks otherwise. There is nothing else up there, besides a great deal of this." She brushes some bat droppings off her shoulder, and talks to Erin. "H-h-h-hi. My name is Autumn Foxfire. Thank you for helping out with the kobolds. Your arrival was just in time." Still quite uncomfortable in social interactions, she awkwardly holds her hand out to meet Erin.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Autumn kind of slumps and shrugs her shoulders. "They didn't appear heavily armed or anything. Simple clothes, traveled light. My best guess it could have been the mage you were looking for."

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top