log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] About a Cow

FrancisJohn

First Post
After a brief moment of reflection, Autumn joins the conversation. "Perhaps I can come too? I'm the one who found the Mage. Maybe I can help?" She follows along, assuming assent.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon glares at the guards defiantly. Despite his barely-healed injuries he still seems full of fire. He mutters under his breath, "Alcaro canon, echil." The statement practically drips with venom. Nevertheless, he allows himself to be ushered into the awaiting skiff.
[/section]

[sblock=Elvish]
"Do not order me, human."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
The guard tilted his head ever so slightly to the side. It was a gesture of questioning in response to Autumn's question though a student of expression would recognize that the guard was likely unaware that he even made the motion. "I have received no order concerning travel companions of the two we were told to look out for. I prefer not to cause offense to the mages of the Tower and so, I must humbly request your cooperation." The gaze he locked on Arradon was flat but not challenging.

The steps down to the landing were broad, an easy walk. The awaiting boat was a large transport designed for the city canals: long and narrow of hull. A trio of halfling polemen waited and directed as the boat was loaded with passengers. No guards accompanied the boat though the one they had spoken with watched until the boat was away from the landing. The polemen talked amongst themselves quietly but snatches of their conversation could be heard. "...heard the Marrow Man got another one..." "...sure it wasn't some dumb mudfoot?" "Shut it, you two! They don't wanna hear yer yammerin' on the way to the Tower!"

The Tower. On an island apart from the main islands of the city the Tower of Chains rose up from the water like the shoot of a waterlily. The walls of the Tower were glassy but dark, and barely discernible and somewhat disquieting shapes seemed to move within. The boat bumped up against a simple stone dock and the three halflings helped their passengers ashore. Waiting nearby was a tall, thin man. He appeared human though his skin was as dusky as the walls (though not nearly as unsettling). Without a word he led them through an open passage into the tower and down a short hall and to a comfortably appointed room. Within was Ungalla, the halfling wizard who had hired Erin and Rak'tan individually to find her missing apprentice. She looked up from a scroll she was penning at the group's entrance and sniffed.

"One plus one does not equal five unless... Nevermind. My apprentice; did you find him?"
 


GlassEye

First Post
The wrinkled old halfling took the book from Rak'tan and looked at its cover briefly. She recognized it, you could tell. "Not capable enough to bring him back apparently." She laughed, but suddenly serious she pointed a gnarled finger at Erin. "This one is an acquaintance of my apprentice. She approached me. It had nothing to do with my judgement of your skill. So, he is dead then?"
 


GlassEye

First Post
After Ungalla pried a full accounting of the apprentice's fate from you, she sighed. "It is unfortunate that you did not think to bring his body here to me. And more so that I didn't think to ask it of you in the first place. You did what I asked, however, and shall receive the reward I promised." She moved from her scribing desk to a cabinet and retrieved a pair of pouches that jingled with the sound of gold and handed them over to Erin and Rak'tan. "Divide them with your companions as you see fit. Now, I thank you..."

She half turned away but halted and turned back. "Are you, perhaps, free to take another engagement? I have suddenly discovered a pressing task..." Ungalla glanced significantly at her apprentice's book. "But have promised aid to a cousin. If you were to aid this cousin of mine it would fulfill my promise to him and allow me to deal with more pressing tasks. I would, of course, provide you with a small daily stipend during your work with him as part of my promise and you would find me grateful. This offer is made to all of you." She looked from face to face judging the reaction.
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Is there enough work to go around for my companions as well? If so I will surely need their opinions on the matter."
[sblock=OOC] I will indeed split up my coin with the others considering Arradon healed me and Aelspeth found the body if I remember correctly.
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
Autumn meagerly speaks up. "Ma'am, I'm sorry for y-y-your loss. I'm the one who found the apprentice. At the time I thought it best to leave the body as it lie. In my family we believe that only kin are responsible for their dead. If you'd like, with your permission, I-I can bring him back. I can help you with this new mission to help make up for his death."
 

GlassEye

First Post

Ungalla nodded to Rak'tan. "Certainly, young warrior. You bring an expertise of one type, they bring another. My offer applies to all equally." Her expression softened and became even more grandmotherly at Autumn's words. "Thank you, dearie. I hold that there is no fault to your actions. It is just as well that you disturbed the body little. Sometimes spirits linger near the site of death, sometimes they harbor resentment towards the living. And Migli harbored many resentments in life, I wouldn't be surprised if he held onto them in death.

You all did well to bring me this news and this offer of employment is a separate issue. If you accept it and find that my cousin wishes you to do some deed that doesn't sit well with your conscience you are free to refuse and go your way with no obligation to me. Now, time is urgent so I must have an answer."
 
Last edited:


FrancisJohn

First Post
"You can count on me!" Autumn looks anxiously at the rest of her new companions for their answers.

[sblock=OOC]Once we get back into the thick of it I'll start adding the picture and stat block to my posts. I can respond much quicker from my phone without it. Oh, and Happy New Year everyone![/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post

Ungalla nodded. "In that case, make your way to the Temple of Sapo and ask to speak with Ioso Springheel. He will explain his need."

GM: Ok, I'm calling it done as of 12/31/2015. Experience and gold totals listed below, but feel free to double check the numbers in the second post of the game. Thanks, and I hope to see you in the next adventure!

ENDING TOTALS
Aelspeth, lv 3 w/ 4779 xp, +3,129.33 gp
Arradon, lv 3 w/ 4779 xp, +3,129.33 gp
Autumn, lv 3 w/ 3969 xp, +2,967.33 gp
Barnibus, lv 1 w/ 357 xp, +355.5 gp
Erin, lv 2 w/ 3,233 xp, +801 gp
Rak'tan, lv 2 w/ 1,636 xp, +1,812.5 gp

You have a couple of days to spend your treasure and get ready for the next adventure. As always, the value of items are included in the gold totals above. You don't have to keep the items but if you do, their value is subtracted from the amount of gold you take from the adventure. Items of note are:

Ring of Protection +1 (2,000 gp)
Mithral dagger (502 gp)
MW Heavy Crossbow (350 gp)
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

First Post
Autumn will take the money and run! J/k. Autumn pays Aelspeth 15 gold for the healing charge.

We'll meet in a game thread or the DWI?

Thanks for running the game and happy new year!
 

GlassEye

First Post
You can post in the DWI in the interim if you wish but my intent is for the new adventure to start at the Temple of Sapo.

And you're welcome, and happy new year to you all, also!
 


GlassEye

First Post
I'll mention each of you in the first post of a new game thread so that you get a notification when I'm ready to start. I've a few things yet to work out before we begin and I hope that it doesn't take me more than a couple of days to get it done.
 


ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon listens to the aged halfling and his various companions as they discuss another potential job. It couldn't hurt to hear what he has to say. He prepares to leave the tower and head to the Temple of Sapo. As he passes Aelspeth on his way out he tosses her a small bag of coins. "For the healing." He continues out of the tower without a second look.
[/section]

[sblock=Loot]
Unless anyone has any objections I was planning on keeping the ring and dagger.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merry]
Here's 30 gp for the wand charges. It was two right?
[/sblock]

[sblock=GlassEye]
Thanks for an awesome run GE. You can be my DM anytime!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 


Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top