[LPF] About a Cow

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn instantly feels pangs of guilt and dread as the ceiling collapses on Arradon. Reflexively, she summons forth her innate healing power. She waves her right forearm in a fluid pattern, and a moment later, translucent green energy flows from her arm to Arradon.
"ilẹ ayé aláìsan."

[/section]

[sblock=CLW 8]"The earth heals"
CLW on Arradon: 1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:19/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
"That old halfling certainly did not tell me of the danger in here, in fact he said it was perfectly safe. I'm thinking I'll have a word with him if I see him again." He looks over to the woman healing the man laying in rubble and says "He going to be alright?"

[sblock=Rak'Tan Veragni stats]

Rak'tan Veragni

HP: 13

STR:15 DEX:14 CON:14
INT:14 WIS:12 CHA:10

AC: 17 FF: 15 T: 12

CMB: +3 CMD: 15 BAB:+1

Speed:20'

Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +1

Special: +5 resistance to fire/cold/lightning

Acrobatics:-1
Appraise:2
Bluff:2
Climb:3
Escape Artist:-1
Fly:-1
Heal:1
Intimidate:4
Perception:2
Ride:3
Sense Motive:1
Stealth:1
Survival:2
Swim:-1

Initiative: +2

Attack:
Greatsword-2d6+3 slashing

Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Current Conditions: None

Temporary Items: None

Items Depleted: None

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

"Arradon!" Aelspeth shrieks at the sound of rubble collapsing in on her friend. She chokes on the thick dust that was tossed into the air but rushes over to where his feet remain exposed from the collapsed tunnel entrance. She frantically begins clawing at the stone to shift it enough for the ex-Thorn to be extricated. Darwin senses his mistress's raw concern and hops down to the dirt-caked floor. He looks up at her, down at the rocks, and up at her again. Finally, he picks up a small stone, studies it, and tosses it aside in pale emulation of the wizard's actions. Before long, her fingernails are split jagged and her fingers are raw and bleeding. She appears to have made very little headway yet she is undeterred. Without turning, she shouts to her companions, "Help me get him out!"

[sblock=GM Question]Do you need STR checks or anything for us to clear the rubble? Or can we assume that Arradon will be rescued with enough time dedicated? I went ahead and rolled just in case.

Clearing rubble like a boss (2)[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (18/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1, Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Healing light surrounds Arradon and he groans as he tries to push himself up. At the realization that he is pinned under the rocks he tries in vain to squirm his way out. He can faintly hear his companions' voices on the other side of the rubble. Though choked with dust he manages to yell out. "I'm alright." Pretty sure I cracked a rib, but they don't need to know about that. He kicks one of his feet to emphasize that he is still with the living.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

After completing the healing magic, Autumn rushes in to help Arradon up and out. Once satisfied that he will be alright, she explores the lower chamber, taking care to look for other traps and any signs of the creatures that might have made those curious footprints.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:19/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aelspeth and Autumn shift the rubble enough to be able to pull Arradon from the crush of rock. As Arradon pushes free his fingers feel something smooth and metallic wedged in a crevice between stones; likely something lost long before. His nimble fingers pull it free and Arradon soon finds himself in the kobold living chamber with his companions, a silver ring in hand, a few new bruises, but no serious injuries thanks to Autumn's healing magics.

Autumn pokes her head into the crawlspace Arradon was retrieved from but it is well and truly collapsed; there will be no travel through this tunnel without extensive excavation. There is also no sign of anything further buried in the rubble.

The only other direction to go is into the spiral stairwell. It will be awkward to navigate but not impossible.

[sblock=K (Arcana) DC 18]Ring's aura: faint abjuration[/sblock][sblock=Spellcraft DC 20]Ring of Protection +1[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Previous combat map

Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Rak'tan: hp 13 [4 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 15/18

[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
"So perhaps we should try the ruined stairs? I know they look pretty destroyed but perhaps they are passable."

[sblock=Rak'Tan Veragni stats]

Rak'tan Veragni

HP: 13

STR:15 DEX:14 CON:14
INT:14 WIS:12 CHA:10

AC: 17 FF: 15 T: 12

CMB: +3 CMD: 15 BAB:+1

Speed:20'

Fort: +4 Ref: +4 Will: +1

Special: +5 resistance to fire/cold/lightning

Acrobatics:-1
Appraise:2
Bluff:2
Climb:3
Escape Artist:-1
Fly:-1
Heal:1
Intimidate:4
Perception:2
Ride:3
Sense Motive:1
Stealth:1
Survival:2
Swim:-1

Initiative: +2

Attack:
Greatsword-2d6+3 slashing

Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Combat Reflexes

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Current Conditions: None

Temporary Items: None

Items Depleted: None

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth heaves a sigh of relief when she and Autumn are able to remove Arradon from the pit in one piece. She smiles wanly as Arradon looks himself over.

The adrenaline that came with the sound of the tunnel collapsing is fading now and Aelspeth realizes that her hands are in a great deal of pain. She extends her arms to hold her hands out before her, turning them this way and that. She sees one fingernail hanging perpendicular to the digit and she swallows hard. She takes the nail between two fingers, hesitates, and then tears it the rest of the way off with a loud yelp. Tears are streaming down her cheeks, cutting tiny rivers through the dirt and dust that has already accumulated since they entered the keep just moments ago.

The rookie freelancer sets her pack on the ground (or wall, as it were) in order to rummage through and produce a soft rabbitskin blanket. She tears a narrow strip away and begins to wrap her hands. [color=#993ff]"It is a shame,"[/color] she laments, "to ruin this blanket. It kept me warm as a sapling. I suppose, rationally speaking, that it serves an equally valuable purpose now. Autumn?" She looks up from where she is kneeling, eyes glistening eerily in the purple glow of her magical light. "Could you help with my bandaging after we get out of here?"

After Aelspeth's hands are wrapped, she stands and shoulders back into her backpack. Without another word, she begins to step toward the ramp back up to the horizontal stairwell. She pauses and checks to make sure the others are following before she continues.

[sblock=OOC]Aelspeth can Take 10 on the K (Arcana) check but she wouldn't examine the ring without Arradon drawing attention to it; she's a little too preoccupied with the destruction of her delicate hands to notice the ring, especially if Arradon chooses to secret it away when he gets out of the cave-in. Also, I rolled preemptively and she will fail the check to identify the ring either way.

Regarding marching order: I know we discussed it in the very beginning but our party composition has changed dramatically since that time. If anyone wants to speak up and blaze a trail ahead of Aelspeth, please do. A well-set mechanical trap could obliterate her. I just haven't pulled back because it feels meta.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (18/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1, Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Successfully disentombed by his comrades, Arradon examines the ring he found in the passage. With my luck it's probably cursed. He pockets it for now, intending to show it to the others at a more opportune time. Seeing Aelspeth's bandaged hands he frowns. He keeps pace with her, watching the path ahead as they proceed deeper into the ruins. "Alsavannen caro han an inyë."
[/section]

[sblock=Elvish]
"You shouldn't have done that on my account."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action]
Perception:[roll0]
Disable Device (if needed):[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

Remove ads