[LPF] About a Cow

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn takes a cursory glance at Aelspeth's wound. Although the grips on the druid's hands are a bit callused, there is more than certainly a tender confidence in which she handles the elf's finger. Whispering in elven, "Það ætti að hjálpa til nú, vonandi get ég athugað það aftur eftir að við fara." She is ready to follow Rak'tan into the sideways stairwell.

[/section]

[sblock=Elven]"That should help for now, hopefully I can check it again after we leave."[/sblock]
[sblock=Heal 15 (just for fluff)]Heal: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:19/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Up, down, and around, Arradon finds no traps as he navigates the horizontal, spiral stairwell. The stair continues on when the group comes to another sideways door looking out over a room identical in shape to the one below it. The room is empty save for similar debris of kobold living and a pair of doors: one above leading to an upper room, and one below leading to a lower room. Listening long at the door reveals no untoward sound.

A series of nets woven of ratty, frayed ropes stretches between the doors to provide easier access between the stairway door, the upper door, and the lower door.

FrancisJohn

Explorer

The druid looks inquisitively at the group upon being faced with the eternal question: up or down? "I don't really have a p-p-preference for w-which way we go. There seems to be pros and cons for both."

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]This is a really interesting dungeon design but I'm getting a little tripped up by the description.

Ok so the spiral staircase is, in effect, a bizarre hallway similar to the inside of a cement truck. Much tighter and less comfortable, I'm sure. Is the door in the floor (used to be a wall) at the end of the hall (top of the stairwell) or does the hallway continue on beyond that? Then we drop through the door in the floor. The room we end up in has two doors leading out. One is up and one is down. Doesn't that mean that, back when this was an upright keep, there was a door several feet up the wall with no means to access it? Or do I have this whole visual wrong?

I don't want to delay our progression. If the imagery is clear to everyone else, please do move along and assume that Aelspeth is following along. I'll jump in whenever I can figure out the scenery. GlassEye, I appreciate all the work going into this and hate to ask more. But even a rudimentary series of lines in MSPaint would be helpful to me.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Previous combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Starlight Keep level two
j3nBPP.png

Starlight Keepl level two, room 3 in plan (not profile like the other maps)
8WZGux.png
[/sblock]

I meant to post a map when I made my last post but was at work and didn't have access to them and then it slipped my mind. My apologies for that.

Merry (and all of you), the tower lies on its side as you all seem to have understood. The spiral stair in the center of the tower runs from Level 1 where you entered to the top of the tower (a total of four levels, you will discover soon enough). I did mention in my previous post that the stair continued on after you all came upon the door. I understand, though, it is easy to miss bits in a convoluted idea and what may be clear to me describing it may not be transmitted to you all as clearly as I might hope.

This Level 2 section is pretty similar to Level 1. I've added a sketched, plan map for room 3 of level 2. The party is at the 'window' looking down into the room. There is a door in what is the floor to you that leads to a lower room (room 4) and a similar one in the ceiling that leads to an upper room (room 2). The net should actually be on the other side of the door and is attached at spots to what was formerly a floor and is the wall to you.

I hope that clarifies things because I'm not really sure how else I can describe it.

Rak'tan: hp 13 [4 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 15/18

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Thanks, GE, for the explanation and for bearing with me. Now that you've laid it out like that, I realize I should have gotten that the floor plan would be similar. It is a tower, after all. I don't believe I should have any problem from here on out. I'll post IC tonight.[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Looking around, Rak'Tan quickly becomes confused. "I'm starting to wonder how that apprentice could've gotten this far, this tower appears to be a deathtrap." He turns to look at the others "Perhaps we should try the door below us, I think we've all had enough climbing for now."

FrancisJohn

Explorer

Autumn nods at the tiefling in agreement. Slinging her bow over her shoulder, she climbs on the nets to reach the floor. She follows him into the next chamber, with her arrow helping to illuminate the room.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads