[LPF] About a Cow

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Once the party is assembled at the top of the rope, Aelspeth reaches back awkwardly to a pouch on the side of her backpack. Her fingers fumble with it for a few seconds, she furrows her brow in consternation, and finally she produces a roughly spherical stone. "Aha! Got it!" she says victoriously. She tosses the stone up into the air and it takes off in magical flight. It zips around her head a few times before settling into a gentle orbit around her head.

"Thank you for the assistance, Rak'tan. I hope," she adds, looking back and forth between the elf man and the tiefling, "the scorpions were not too troubling for either of you." The wizard moves toward the opening those kobolds tried to flee through. Getting into the back of the "cave", she finds that her eyes pick up enough in the shadows to make out the top of a thick and gnarled branch angled up through the opening. She clears her throat noisily as if annoyed and the magical rock circling her begins to emit a vivid purple light. It glows so intensely as to lead the way for her companions as well. Chewing her lower lip, Aelspeth descends down into the next chamber.

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (18/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1, Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock] 

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon slowly returns to his senses as the scorpion venom works its way out of his system. Coming unsteadily to his feet, he is momentarily unsure of what happened. As scattered memories of what transpired come to the surface he shrugs back into his hood and makes his way up the rope to rendezvous with the others. Some things are better left forgotten. He wordlessly follows the others deeper into the ruins.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

With a marked determination, Autumn makes sure to follow right behind Aelspeth into the next lower chamber.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Can it be assumed that if there is nothing going on that Autumn is detecting magic? Or should I post it when necessary?

Don't know if you need a perception roll, but here it is if you do.
Perception into next lower chamber.: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:19/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The group, led by Aelspeth, pushes on, or rather, scrambles down into the next room (room 3, level 1). Halfway down the thick branch there is a door in the wall and a plank haphazardly nailed to provide a narrow walkway from the branch to the door. The lights magicked up by Autumn and Aelspeth reveal a spiral stairwell that leads off to the left. Navigating the stairwell to move farther into this toppled tower will be awkward but manageable.

The reassuring glow of the light exposes the living conditions of the kobolds. The floor of this lower room is covered in packed dirt that coats even the slanted portions of the floor, and scattered stones and the broken bones of small creatures; nothing of value. The air is filled with the musty smell of reptilian creatures.

Autumn finds a few tracks near a pile of gnawed bones that do not match what she thinks a kobold would leave. These have splayed toes, almost like a handprint, and it takes her a moment to realize that they are the prints of a very large rat, perhaps more than one.

There is a sideways door on the slanted portion of the floor below the door that leads to the stairwell. The space beyond is mostly filled with rubble much like the door on the other side. However, on this side there is a small pit, possibly a tunnel, a comfortable size for a small creature like a kobold but a bit of a squeeze for a human-sized person. This little hole either isn't very deep or turns sharply just five feet in; it is difficult to tell without crawling in.

[sblock=OOC]Previous combat map

Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

FrancisJohn, I think I would prefer that you let me know when you want to cast detect magic. I'm afraid I'll forget and telling me when you need it is a good prompt. Also, there are issues of concentration and reduced action while it is active that would just be easier to deal with when necessary rather than all the time.

Rak'tan: hp 13 [4 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 18 [3 non-lethal]

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Emergent Conjurer

Aelspeth gags again. "This place is positively vile! How does anything live in these conditions?" She does not move any farther into the chamber than is necessary, remaining near the branch ramp. Gross! Autumn has her own light. If her human eyes can't make out those piles over there in the corner, she can go exploring for herself!

Once the group discovers the small tunnel into the rubble-filled chamber below, the elf woman grumbles in continued discontentment. "This transient lifestyle can be more than tiresome. Does any of you wish to explore that fetid pit? I'll wait here until you're all ready to negotiate the stairwell. That will certainly be an interesting experience. I would prefer not to go first."

[sblock=OOC]It would take some convincing to get Aelspeth down in the pit but I won't fight it if other characters want to check it out. Personally, I'm curious what might be down there and I couldn't immediately think of a way to convince Darwin to check it out.

Also, I had a far more interesting post written but then realized I didn't prepare Prestidigitation today. Bummer.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 13/13
AC: 13 (17) FF: 10 (14) T: 13 (17 vs. incorporeal)
CMB: +0 CMD: 13
Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
Special: Immune to magical sleep, +2 on saving throws against Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: Mage armor (+4 AC)
Weapon in Hand: Longbow (18/20)
Shift: 5 ft, 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st Level: Grease, Unseen Servant, Color Spray, Color Spray
Consumables: Wand of CLW -1, Wand of Mage Armor -1
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

In a hushed tone, Autumn communicates to the group information about the curious rat-like footprints she found. Next, she speaks to Arradon. "Do y-y-you think you should go first, in case there's a trap down there? I could help you look." She is painfully aware that even though she is truly not, her socially awkward stutter makes her appear quite timid.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Not sure if I can 'aid another' in case Arradon searches, but here's a roll if it helps.
Aid Arradon Perception: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:19/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

Solo Kills: Kobolds 3, Scorpion 2
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon thinks back to the trap at the entrance before nodding in agreement with Autumn's statement. "It would probably be wise." Without waiting for any further discussion he soundlessly drops into the pit below. His eyes dart around the dimly lit room, looking for anything that could be a trap.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Stealth:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]
Disable Device (if needed):[roll2]
Those rolls though! :cool:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +1 CMD: 14

Fort: +1
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Bluff: +9
Diplomacy: +7
Disable Device: +10
Perception: +7
Sense Motive: +4
Sleight of Hand: +7
Stealth: +8

Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
Hidden Blade: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of CLW (1 Charge)
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The hole is less a pit to be dropped into than a crawlspace to squeeze into. Arradon fits, though his shoulders brush against the rock. The crawlspace angles slightly downward and five feet in makes a sharp angled turn. Preparing to maneuver the turn Arradon feels the stone beneath his hand give way with a snap like a breaking stick. In the instant he realizes he has triggered something unpleasant he is hit from above as the ceiling of the tunnel collapses. He is struck by heavy stone and loose rubble, driven face-down into rock; Arradon's breath is forced from his lungs, his bones creak under the strain, but he is still alive and still conscious.

Outside, in the kobold living quarters where Autumn, Aelspeth, and Rak'tan await Arradon's discovery, dust billows from the tunnel setting everyone to coughing and obscuring vision.

[sblock=OOC]Previous combat map

Starlight Keep level one
QrVcNg.png

Arradon sets off a falling rock trap and takes 11 points of damage. Ealt, you must be a masochist to continue using the local roller. I'd say your luck has to change but I'm afraid it might get worse. Although it's hard to see how it could be worse than rolling a 1 on your disable device check.

Rak'tan: hp 13 [4 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 7/18 [3 non-lethal]

[/sblock]

Remove ads