log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] About a Cow

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Autumn takes Rak'tan down to the lower level and points out that secret door she spider-climbed up to. "I'm not sure how to get you up there, or the body down, but I'll d-do my best to describe the b-b-body. And that is what Autumn does, stammering through the gruesome details.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


"I'll see what I can find." Autumn goes back up to search for some sort of memento or identifying proof. She brings back whatever she can find and gives it to Rak'tan.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed:
Conditions: Light (all over level 3 of keep)

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
Autumn scampered back up the wall to the grimy bat cave. The bats were beginning to find their way back into the room and they flitted about her head as she searched. The body was sprawled on top of a pack. Autumn was able to unfasten it and carry it down to the others. Inside the pack was an assortment of traveling gear and a book. The inside cover of the book is inscribed: Migli, Master of Magic. Though for a master of magic his book is remarkably empty of spells. The book will be proof enough of identity for Ungalla, the halfling wizard that sent Rak'tan and then Erin after her apprentice.

[sblock=OOC]Combat map

[sblock=maps]Starlight Keep level one


Starlight Keep level two


Starlight Keep level three
[/sblock]

Aelspeth: hp 17/18 [5 non-lethal]
Arradon: hp 10/26
Autumn: hp 10/16 [2 non-lethal]
Rak'tan: hp 12/13
Erin: hp 10/14 [5 non-lethal]

[/sblock]
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
"I think the halfling will find this sufficient enough, now I suppose it's only fair I stay to help you with your business, if you'll have me."
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


She looks at the two elves and the two tieflings, and fills a bit left out. "I guess we're all in this together now. Let's go to the next 'floor'?" Autumn follows behind Arradon, who she assumes will be looking for traps as they go to the next level. Through magic, she illuminates an arrow and holds it as a torch, gripping in her teeth if she needs to navigate a more difficult maneuver in the sideways staircase. Autumn is a bit distracted along the way, as she focuses more on a new, more pointed, kind of tingling sensation within her forearms. Once they reach the next level, she searches for any traces of magic on the entrance. If they make it too the next door with no further trouble, she produces a flame in her hand, glowing forth in her palm just moments before they enter the next chamber.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Light on held arrow
Perception 12
Detect Magic on door
Produce Flame before open next door if we make it no incident[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I've added 7 hp to Autumn, fwiw.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Arrow in hand, as torch
Conditions: Light on held arrow

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Anastrace

First Post
Erin Vaneese, Magus Adept

While Autumn gets ready to check the door, Erin gets ready to attack anything that is visible on the other side. "Alright Autumn, let's do this. I'm ready to back you up."

[sblock=Actions]
Ready to cast Ray of Frost against hostile target being seen.
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]
Erin Vaneese
AC:17 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 16


Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +4


Concentration: +6
Level 0 Spells Prepared: Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1 Spells Prepared: 1/1 Chill Touch, Shocking Grasp


Class Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics +10, Profession (Cook) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +12


Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Wakazashi, +7, 1d6+1, 18-20, S or P
Current Conditions in Effect:
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon leads the party into the upper reaches of the tower, he proceeds carefully, painfully aware of the numerous traps that the kobolds have set. Upon reaching the next area of the tower he holds up his hand to stop the party and carefully listens to his environment for any sounds of trouble.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Perception (traps):[roll0]
Disable Device:[roll1]
Perception (upon arrival):[roll2]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
Arradon checks very thoroughly as he advances through the topsy-turvy stairwell/hall yet finds no traps. This would be worrying but it doesn't seem as if this section is as traveled as the rest of the fallen tower. At the entrance to the next suite of rooms there is silence. Autumn detects no magic near the entrance and the flame she conjures illuminates an abandoned room. Climbing into the adjacent rooms reveals that they may have been used by kobolds in the past but have been empty and unused recently. It seems that your mission is accomplished and it is time to recover the rewards promised by Jezz and Ungalla.

[sblock=OOC]So, the battle with the augur kyton was the final battle and the only thing left is to get your treasures from Jezz & Ungalla. We could play through that if you like, though it'll be a pretty straight forward scene. That might be just the casual sort of scene to take us through to the new year, or we could end and leave everyone free over the holiday. I'll be around so it's up to you all which you choose.

I'm not sure what you all want to do next. I would gladly come up with another adventure for you if you are interested in a new adventure after new year's.

[/sblock]
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'll be around so I certainly would be interested in another adventure from you. Sorry I slept through the final battle guys.
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey thanks for everything! I learned so much about Druids, casters, and magic in general! We can play through, or start a new adventure as soon as possible! Whatever is good! I just wanted to throw my flame at somebody though. But that's ok.[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

First Post
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


"Guys let's go back to Jezz's farm." Autumn smiles when she is again greeted by the sun.

[/section]



[sblock=OOC]Don't think Autumn was interested in any of the loot. She owes Aelspeth some gold for the healing charge, if that could be factored in to the end of the adventure tallies.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 17/23 NL: 2
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Jump: +2
Perception: +10
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 4/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Arrow in hand, as torch
Conditions: Light on held arrow

Game Notes: 1 Healing Charge from Aelspeth's wand
[/sblock]
 

Trogdor1992

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Don't know what the loot amounts to but I'll throw some of mine his way too as I believe he healed me after that last battle.
[/sblock]
 


MerryMortician

First Post
[sblock]Oh, just read the last few posts. Sorry for the spotty "attendance" of late. Had the break-in (that I'm still trying to resolve with minor irritation) and then a family death. I'd like to at least roleplay the last interactions IC as it gives more sense of story resolution but I can be happy if everyone wants to move along. This has been a blast. GE, thanks for some first class GMing. And thanks to the rest of you for really driving at narrative as opposed to a string of mechanical actions. Personally, I find it infinitely more enjoyable to add some fluff to every bit of crunch.[/sblock]
 

Anastrace

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'm quite happy to start a new one soon, and I'd not have any problems doing some extra rp here. Afterall, I came in really late. :)

[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post

Battered and bruised the adventurers make their way from the fallen keep and through the wooded trail back towards the Jezz farm. As they file from trail to the field behind Jezz's house they see the good farmer attacking the dirt beneath the oak with a shovel. He lays off the work when he spies you all and raises a hand in greeting.

"Knew I could count on you!" His brow furrows when he notices a couple of strange tieflings with the group. "Found some strangers, I see." He nods but watches the pair warily. Finally, he continues. "Once the fog lifted Barnibus found his way back to the farm. He decided he would head back to Venza." Jezz shrugged as if the ways of adventuring types were beyond his ken. "But Jezz be a man of his word. A minute more an' I'll have the golds I promised."

True to his word, it isn't but a moment longer before he is prying up a casket, small but very old looking. He works at the latch until he can pop it open and lift the lid. Inside gleams gold. Not a lot, but enough to keep you all in food and lodging for a while longer, at least. Jezz beams and hands it over.

[sblock=OOC]Glad you enjoyed it. I've an idea percolating that I can probably get together in the next week. In the meantime, since some of you are interested in some closure, we can continue with the wrap up with Jezz and the halfling wizard. I'll probably use the wizard in some fashion to set you off on the next adventure.

Calculating xp and treasure is a little more complex since we had characters come and go at odd times but I'll post it up in the second post when we've completely finished.[/sblock]
 

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Pocketing the gold from Jezz, Arradon fingers the tattered remains of his sleeve. New armor perhaps. With slight head nod he heads off towards the barn, where he leans against the door to await their departure.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (12 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 15

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Weapon Focus (Dagger)

Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: Crossbow Bolt (1), Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
The farewell from Jezz is brief and the group is able to continue onwards to Venza. The journey is short, just a day of travel before the group arrives at the bridge that crosses onto the island city. As they cross the stone span they notice that the guards seem to watch them specifically. Once at the gate a pair of guards step forward. Another pair nearby speak to each other but loud enough that everyone can hear, though that is probably unintentional and unwanted based on the irritated expression on the approaching guard's face. "Them's the two we was told to look out for. Just our luck they come up together."

The guard who approached nodded to Rak'tan and Erin and let his gaze slide over Arradon, Autumn, and Aelspeth. "We were instructed to aid your approach to the Tower. Will you come with us?" He stepped back and motioned towards an open passage just beyond the gate where a stair led down to a landing at water level and a boat awaited. And though it was phrased as a question, it clearly was not.
 


Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top