[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

[section]
Qalabash reluctantly nods his acceptance of the situation. Since his companions have succinctly expressed what he himself was feeling he follows the others from the inn in uncharacteristic silence.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 20
CMB: +4 / +6 Trip CMD: 15 / 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, +1 unprepared
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield, +1 unprepared
Special:
Arcane Pool: 2/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 4 16:30 - Outside of Kingsholm ~

Ireena_zpsf7aa8e40.jpg

As you leave the inn and Kingsholm, Captain Desarna remained in the doorway of the inn and watched for a few moments.

No one chased after you and soon you were at the outskirts of the town. The road back to Venza was before you.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Party Stats:
Code:
Qalabash:   20/20 HP remaining; 
Mirra:      13/16 HP remaining; 
Mystie:     23/23 HP remaining; 
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining; 
Jonas:      15/19 HP remaining; (4 damage NL); Poisoned 3 dex dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
  Qalabash: AP 2/4, Spells 1st 1/3
  Mirra:    Bombs 5/7, Extracts 1/3, Intel Mutagen 0/1
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 5/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/6, Bard Perf 3/8
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

[section]
Qalabash turned his feet to the road leading to Venza and set a quick pace. Ah, to be on the road again! He began to hum as the stress of bickering with townsmen fell away and the town grew distant behind them.
[/section]

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--
[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 20 Current HP: 20
CMB: +4 / +6 Trip CMD: 15 / 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, +1 unprepared
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield, +1 unprepared
Special:
Arcane Pool: 2/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra falls in behind Qalabash, and matches his step, although it takes a long while before the look of regret leaves her face. At least, until she spots a flower by the roadside. "A crimson campion! At this altitude!" She stops to jot down a few notes in her log book, and when she returns to traveling, her expression is once again sunny.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 12/14
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1

Perception: +5
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 2/7
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 0/3
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person, Shield, Detect Secret Doors

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+2, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+4, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas trudges along dejectedly with the others, his eyes set on Venza. Though he was glad they'd managed to save the little girl, the mistrust and small mindedness of the Dwarven money lender saddened him. The Dwarves he'd met on his journey south from the Seithrs were gruff as well, but had not been nearly so mistrustful even of a half-orc.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 15 (09 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 19/19 (NL Damage: 04; Ability Damage: DEX 07)
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +09
CMB: +03 CMD: 12
Fort: +04 Reflex: -01 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie is a little disappointed that her twenty gold piece story is going to go to waste. But then again, if the treasure has been buried this long, it should stay put for a little longer. At least she has a little mender bird to take back to a tinker in Venza. Maybe he can fix the mechanical bird. Having a mender would be a nice tool.

[sblock=actions]Bubba:
Mystie: ride away back to Venza
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 23/23, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +4, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Read Magic, Message, Spark, Unwitting Ally (DC 14 Will)
Racial Spells:
Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
1/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
3/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (19/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 1 Antitoxin
Consumables: 2/6 days trail rations, 2/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 0 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, Mystie and Jonas used
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5, Understands Common
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The four of you left Kingsholm behind and continued your way back to Venza.

~ Fin ~

[sblock=GM Note]Well, we are not going to finish this one. Honestly, have little desire to come up with something new right now. The other option I had considered was Forge of Fury, which could be a huge dungeon in 5 parts. But there are breaking points where the party could return back to town. I cannot remember who was Judge on that one the first time I tried it, but there probably wasn’t very many spoilers in my submission and the encounters would have to be reworked for lower levels regardless.

1st post updated with final numbers.
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]; please check.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Final Awards]
BotFKFinal_zpsb2bd8698.jpg

DMC = 11.76
Qalabash receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Mystie receives 2252xp & 2297.5gp
Jonas receives 2320xp & 2386.5gp
Mirra receives 2232xp & 2272.5gp
[/Sblock]

jkason

First Post
Everything checks out to me. Awards as above, plus a *stamp* on 11.76 GMC.

PM, I think there may actaully be enough slots in the low level games that are getting going / just started that there's not a need for a replacement adventure, so I'd say not to worry about it for the nonce.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[FONT=&quot]Thanks, JK.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I suppose I could clarify, by “new” I meant something I have not already made. Forge of Fury was already submitted once and I could run it for these four if they wanted. The amount of effort to tweak encounters would be a matter of scaling and not that difficult.[/FONT]

However, without so much as a "thank you", I will not be offering to DM another adventure for them at this time.

Good luck to you guys and I am sorry you did not like it to the point you wanted to quit.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Hang on a sec, there, PM. Been a little busy (as you can no doubt tell by lack of posting here and elsewhere), and trying to prioritize and keep afloat, and thanks got lost in the shuffle.

Of course, now that you've publicly chastised us for not expressing thanks for running it sort of makes any such incoming thanks null and void. So, sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

Also, from several days back:

(Mowgli's feeling fine, BTW, and is enjoying the RP. Sometimes that doesn't come through in print so I thought I should make it clear :D).
(Since your statement about us not liking it to the point we decided to quit makes it clear you missed it the first time 'round).

"Quitting" was a Jonas decision made by Mowgli after I decided that - in character - he'd had enough of being called a rude, lying, miserly scam artist by a VERY rude Dwarf, and of being told he could get the Hell out of town. Sometimes the RP works out that way - even fake fantasy worlds are full of unlikeable folks, or they wouldn't be any fun to play in.

Anyway, Jonas will be joining ROUS. I thought about your offer to scale Forge of Fury for us but decided that both of my other characters are already in a long dungeon crawl so I wanted something different - but again, I hadn't had even 24 hours to let you know that when you posted your last.

If I've got a character who needs a spot and you've got an opening in the future (and it's a good fit for the character) I'd be happy to play in another of your games. So let me know if you change your mind about the whole "not going to be offering" thing.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads