Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

~ While departing Venza ~

Pirvinia shrugged as the large Tsaaruk expressed puzzlement over cheese. "It not only about people not getting their cheese. There are people potentially in danger." She looked to Samad as well while she continued, "I think it is not so simple a cheese-maker. It is probably a significant business operation to supply so much."

"But there could be any number of monsters that could have come calling on the innocent cheese-makers, perhaps drawn by the odors of the cheese. But some monsters would be drawn to them just because they are living flesh; I am referring to undead."

She acknowledged the other two newcomers introductions. During the trek she provided a brief bit of knowledge about their backgrounds and adventuring.

~ At the Depot ~

Pirvinia remained on her horse; the stop at the depot was only to see if any new information was known.

She added her own greeting, "Yes, we are looking to continue on towards the Weathersmiths's place. There is concern they have not been heard from and their business has suffered a tragedy. Would perhaps know of something going on over there?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Back in town now, trying to catch up over New Year's.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The drover in the cap nods. "Yes, this is was the thing I tell the Whitecloak lady about. Five day ago, I get the no delivery from the Weathersmith boys. Two day later, I am in the Venza with the no delivery of the cheese. And the horrible noble women, they are all of them yapping at me ... badda badda badda!" He makes gesture that indicates someone yelling angrily in his ear. "Like is my fault! I have the lamb and the wine and the arugula and the persimmon from the other farms, the other depots ... but no cheese? Oh! Is a crime! I should be locked away for the stealing of the cheese that was not here! The Whitecloak lady, Miss Jacobson, blessed be her name, she made the noble women go away and stop the yapping."

He rubs the back of his neck. "My boy Michel, he does the runs on the other days. I see him coming in to the Venza when I was coming out. He say there was no cheese three day ago either, and now there is no cheese today. This is not like the Weathersmith boys. Very good, very smart, those boys. Hard workers." He shrugs. "I think there is something going on, but I do not know what this thing might be. I do their shipments for three years now, and always it was fine, it was fine, it was fine, then -- boom! -- one day, there is no cheese in the depot. It is a little worrisome. I would like to check on the boys, but I am too busy with the deliveries to make, and I have too many of the daughters to feed. One son, four daughters. Ay yi yi, if you only knew." He climbs into the cart and gathers the reins.

Daggit looks at the group of you. "If you are to see the Weathersmith boys, it is about an hour down the road here."

wagonner_150.jpg

. . . Ernest Daggit . . .

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
The Rhat'matani man is a gregarious sort, though he seemed distracted as he rushed in at the last moment to catch the group at the stables. He mentioned financial issues, but seemed particularly pleased with a pair of dark-lensed goggles which now hang around his neck, so whatever money troubles he ran into, he appeared to have solved them to at least his mild satisfaction.

On the road, he gave a brief accounting of his own skills. He expressed an odd fascination as he tested out some of his new armaments. It was as if he were quite new to them, though his facility with all his weaponry suggested otherwise. He made oblique mention of some sort of metaphysical event, but didn't seem inclined to provide many details. In point of fact, those tales he told on the trip all seemed to refer to other parties by pseudonyms.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Had to equip Ru before I got in here, and then I managed to completely screw that up and overspend because of course I did. Sigh. Anyway, catching up. Thanks for NPCing Ru along the way. Just trying to fill in a touch, since I imagine Ru would have been talkative on the trip.[/sblock]

Ru smiles at the delivery man.

"Trust us, we understand from busy," he says. "Our thanks, though, for pointing the way. Be sure to keep an eye out for yourself on the road," he offers with a smile. Then, as if an afterthought, he adds,

"Silly question, but we've never actually met the Weathersmiths, ourselves. Personally, I hate to call a man by the wrong name, so maybe you can help: which Weathersmith is which?"

[sblock=ooc]I may have missed it, but figured it didn't hurt to get descriptions. Doesn't preclude spells or shapechangers, but if the Weathersmiths are tall and lanky, say, we'd know a beefy square-jawed bloke saying he was one of them wouldn't be kosher.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:None

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daggit laughs when Ru asks to tell them apart. "Ha ha! Wouldn't we all like to know, eh? The brothers, they are identical, all three." He taps his nose knowingly. "Strange, no? I tell you, there is something a little different in the Weathersmith blood. Not bad, you know ... just a little different. They are a good family.

"And to tell them apart, welllll ... the one with the flat nose, that one I know is Hamnet. He broke it when he was a little boy. Gordon and Isaak, truth be told, I never know which of the two I am speaking to, although my wife, she tells me that Gordon's hair is just a little darker than Isaak's. And all three, they look ..."
he trails off with an overly dramatic eye roll. "They are handsome boys. All four of my daughters moon over the Weathersmiths, and they pester me with all sorts of questions. 'Papa, did you see Isaak at the depot yesterday? Will Hamnet be there tomorrow? Can I ride with you to Chester Cross today?' Ah, daughters ... they are both a joy and a trial, let me tell you. But the Weathersmith boys ... let's see. Tall, brown hair, brown eyes. They all three keep their hair quite short, and have the short beard and the mustache. Late twenties, I think."

wagonner_150.jpg

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago frowns. "Do you know of anyone who might have wanted to hurt them?" He asks. "Did they have enemies, or were there dangerous creatures in the area?"

[sblock=systole]
I wanted to change Iago's formula list while we are on the road. May I do that now?

This would be the new list of memorized formulae:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 42 Current: 42
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;
PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*
Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia gave Ru an approving look, “That was a good question. Helps to make sure we are not fooled by impostors.”

With the descriptions of the three Weathersmiths provided, she turned back to Daggit. After he answered Iago’s question she replied, “That information is most helpful. How many other people live with the Weathersmiths? Are there others helping them with the cheese cutting business.”

Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Mazi
Initiative:
HP:

Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daggit strokes his beard thoughtfully. "Well, the roads are quite safe, as are most of the towns and farms. We don't really have enemies here, unless you count one cousin not speaking to another cousin on account of who wrongfully inherited Aunt Beatrice's teapot ten years ago. Those kind of enemies, we have them without number. Why, my wife has six or seven herself. But the kind of enemies that would do more than snipe at each other at family reunions? I do not think we have any at all.

"And there are not so many dangerous creatures around either. Some wolves, some wild boars. Sometimes you hear a mountain lion at night. But if you go far enough, there are elder woods where there are still faeries, so they say. It would be a day's travel or more. And sometimes I hear tell that some goblins made off with a sheep or two and then ran back to the hills. And there are stories of witches that catch unruly children and gobble them up, but I have never seen one of those."

Daggit counts on his fingers. "They got three, four people working with them all the time I think. During the spring and summer, I think they usually need a few more. I'd say right now, maybe they got six or so besides the brothers, but that is only a guess."

wagonner_150.jpg

[sblock=OOC]You had a night at the inn, so feel free to change any spells you want.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

"Triplets?" Ru mutters, his eye taking on an odd glint at the word. He lets whatever he's thinking go unsaid, however, as the others continue their queries. He simply cocks his head to one side and considers the delivery man carefully.

[sblock=ooc]Making Daggit Ru's Studied Target for the purpose of the Sense Motive bump. He now has +7 on the check. Not amazing, but don't imagine it hurts. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: Studied Target (Daggit)

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia thanked the drover appreciatively, “Thank you again for the information. May you wife find resolution with her difficult friends.”

She was sure that if Daggit know anything more that would be useful, he would readily tell them. She was inclined to let him get on with his business while they got with there.

Even so, she sent Mazi aloft to fly around the immediate area looking for anything amiss.

Initiative:
HP:

Mazi
Initiative:
HP:

Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]
OOC: Man, you guys are tough crowd. ;)

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad scratched his head, running over the details, before shrugging, "I haven't the slightest idea what it could be. Surely, with nine or more people, one of them would've had to have turned up by now."

He glanced down the road, "I must suppose that there is only one real way we'll find the answer..."

Remove ads