Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Blessed Are the Cheesemakers

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Not really understanding the intricacies of cheese making and delivery Tsaaruk mostly just listens to the discussion although as the details about possibly 9 people not having been seen he can make some assumptions. His face clearly showing some concern. "9 people and not one has gone for help or made a delivery. This is either a very successful raid or some sort of sickness that has befallen all of them. Not your standard goblin raid or someone would have escaped to get help. Either way it does not look good."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvina nodded with the half-orc warrior’s assessment, “Indeed, Tsaaruk. The Commander was right to be concerned for the Weathersmiths. We should be cautious in our approach as we really do not have a strong healer to cure the plague, do we.”

She glanced at Iago, unsure if his talents would help cure diseases or not.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Indeed," assents Iago at the sorceress' words. "But it would be a peculiar plague indeed, to strike all at the dairy before any of them could go for help, and yet infect no other holdings. But as you say, we should approach with all caution."

"Thank you," he offers the teamster. "We will go check on the Weathersmiths." He turns his horse to go.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

Ru offers his final thanks to Daggit, as well, and with a minimum of effort, manages to nudge his horse to follow the others.

"I'm a fair sneak," he offers as they begin discussing the nature of their approach to the dairy. "Not that I'd object if anyone had the means to make me see-through, mind, but I get along fairly well left to my own devices. I'm not opposed to scouting."

He chews the inside of his cheek a moment, considering, then say, "Princess, one my last travelling companions, had a handy little cantrip that let me whisper to the group from a good distance. I don't suppose any of you have the same? Helps pass along information as I scout, and not-coincidentally means I don't have to scream quite so loudly if I get myself in trouble and need folks to come running."

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: Studied Target (Daggit)

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Ru studies the drover carefully, but he seems to be nothing more than a simple man with a delivery business and a gaggle of daughters. Daggit nods at the group. "Well, I hope the Weathersmith boys are safe. If you see Issak, tell him that my Isabelle was asking after him ... but I have many other deliveries to make, or my daughters do not get fed, and everyone knows that skinny girls do not catch many husbands. So good luck, and good morning." He tips his cap and snaps the reins. The horses grumble but begin moving, grabbing a last mouthful of grass.

You turn northwards and after an hour or so, you see crows circling overhead. Continuing down the road, a breeze brings a whiff of something foul when it swings southerly. Iago's finely honed sense of smell is able to pick out the aromas of carrion, ash, and rotting milk. Something happened at the dairy; there is no longer any doubt.

1-DNPA-MCS-Higher-Uppacott.jpg

A half hour later, the first of the dairy's outbuildings comes into view. There are a couple of barns for livestock, a few small cottages that likely belong to the brothers and their full-time workers, and a large stone building that must be where the cheese itself is -- or was -- created. The heavy granite walls are scarred with recent scorch marks that were clearly made by some sort of magical fire, and it appears that whatever happened here, the bulk of it took place in and around the main building.

In the pastures nearby, coyotes and ravens are picking at the corpses of several dozen cows and a handful of sheep and goats. The scavengers retreat to the more distant carcasses as you approach.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Pirvinia looked grim as she sent Mazi aloft again to continue a sweep around the area from overhead. She instructed her thrush to even take a peak in any windows of the cottages, but still to be careful. The familiar was instructed to report back before flying back around the large stone building to look inside.

Her expression had not changed as she sat stoically in the saddle as they took in the slaughtered livestock and devastation.

“I do not think a disease did this.”

“While Mazi quickly looks around, let us take a look at the dead animals and the nearest cottage first. Then we might learn more about what we are dealing with.”

With the lone female amongst the group, Pirvinia now assumed that Ru meant her when he called her “princess”. The first time she had tried to play it off that he was jokingly talking with Tsaaruk, but that had not gone over too well.

“I do have a spell to turn one invisible, but not the cantrip of being able to whisper over long distances.”

[sblock=OOC Questions]How accurate is the picture?
One story, one door & some windows, plus a chimney?
Is the roof gone?
Were the cottages burned as well?[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 31
CMD: 14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand: Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago nods at the sorceress' words and dismounts, tying his horse off at a tree at the edge of the field before approaching the nearest fallen cow. He draws his falchion and eyes both the scavengers and the surrounding territory suspiciously.

He kneels beside the cow, studying it with the air of one who routinely dissects far more odious and bizarre creatures. Then turns his attention to the burn marks on the buildings, but does not approach. As he studies the pattern, he draws a book from his bag, flipping through the heavy parchment pages

[sblock=ooc]

Heal skill to determine how the cows were killed (I realize their being half-eaten is probably a penalty):Heal skill roll to study animals: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7

Spellcraft roll to determine what kind of spell was used to make the burn marks:Spellcraft roll (w/book) to determine nature of spell that burned walls of barn: 1D20+13 = [4]+13 = 17

Sigh. Oh, well, better to get these rolls out of the way before combat starts.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8 Will: +2;
PER Roll: +9/+11 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1:
Shield
Shield
Identify
Expeditious Retreat
Enlarge Person

Level 2:
Alchemical Allocation
Bull's Strength
Protection from Arrows
*unassigned*

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ssed-Are-the-Cheesemakers/page2#ixzz3Nlp7czQh

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+6*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 9 bombs/day
Bomb Save: DC 16 (10 +1/2 Alch lvl + INT mod)

MW Composite Longbow:
Attack: +8* = [BAB(4) + DEX(3) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, B, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

[sblock=ooc]Ru hasn't actually gotten around to his usual nicknaming of this party. When he said Princess, he actually meant Damaris, i.e. "Damaris, one of my last travelling companions, had..." Sorry for the confusion there.

To Ru, Damaris seemed to have lead a sheltered life, which is how she wound up with her sobriquet. I don't think Pirvinia gives off that same vibe. I also like to think Ru's more imaginative than to call all girls the same thing. :)

This seems a decent enough spot to offer my standard Ru disclaimer: part of his schtick is nicknames. If anyone hates it / finds it annoying, let me know and I'm happy to avoid doing so for your character. It's meant to be in good fun; it's not remotely worth annoying other players over, though.[/sblock]

Ru shakes his head as they catch sight (and smell) of the dairy.

"Looks like Pretty Bird there is more than willing, and faster and smaller than me," Ru says, nodding to Mazi as the familiar begins its loop. "We probably don't have to worry about message magics, then."

Ru's horse snorts and stomps at the smell of carrion. He holds it long enough to manage a dismount, then walks it to the nearest sturdy tree / post to tie it off.

"I'm not sure White Cloak discount horses are like to do well with dead things and whatever made them dead. Besides, I've got no real experience fighting on the back of one of these things. Think I'll stick to my own two pegs while we maneuver around in here."

The swarthy southerner sheathes the exotic blades he carries, sliding them into his backpack, where they disappear beyond the apparent dimensions of the sack itself. He draws forth a quiver, strapping that to his thigh, then a newly-made longbow. He knocks an arrow, then nods to the others.

"If we're lucky, we'll spot trouble at a distance," he explains. "While I'm more than happy to slice in up close, it doesn't hurt to pepper an opponent with a few extra quills before than happens, right?

"So, do we want to check the corpses first, or the near building?"

[sblock=ooc]All as above: tying up the horse. I assume it doesn't take any special skill to properly secure them. If it does, let me know. I just figure a non-war trained mount is in more trouble if I ride him into the middle of a fight than if I leave him for reclaiming. I'm probably wrong, but life is about choices. :)

Swapping his Wakizashi into his handy haversack, pulling out bow and quiver in their place. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 21 (Touch 16, Flatfooted 17)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi +1: +11/+6, 1d6+1
Wakizashi (TWF): +9/+8/+4/+3, 1d6+1/1d6
Light Mace: +10/+5, 1d6
Light Mace (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Longbow: +10/+5, 1d8
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions: None

In Hand: Longbow

CLW Wand charges: 35/35 remaining
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Penelope_zps114a8462.jpg

Mazi circles the main building briefly, but then returns, her demeanor somewhat nervous. "The crows are staying away from you and the other walkers, mistress. But they were looking at me sideways, so I came back quick-quick. I could only see that there's something big moving around in the stone house. Bigger than him, even," she adds, cocking her head at Tsaaruck.

Looking more carefully at the large stone building, it appears to be mostly intact except for the scorch marks. Of the two sides that you can see, there is a single door on one side and a larger barn door on the other. Both of the doors have been broken down and lie splintered on the ground. There's a large-ish chimney, and it seems probably that it's only one story with a high ceiling, although it wouldn't be too surprising if the building had an open loft, like a barn.

The other buildings have been broken into and apparently looted, since the windows are smashed and various household goods have been dragged out and generally flung around. One of the cottages has been burned, but everything else is mostly intact. Iago looks at the scorch marks, but he's not able to identify the exact spell. He can tell it's not quite as explosive of a fireball, though. The cows are a bigger mystery, especially since the scavengers have been worrying at them for several days now.

[sblock=OOC]We'll call the picture 'mostly accurate.' It's what the building looked like before it got scorched and had the doors broken down. From your current vantage, you can see that it's about 70' or 80' by maybe 30' or 40'. In the small wall to your right, there's a double door. The roof is intact, and it's rather dark inside.

From your current vantage point, you cannot see the other two walls (back and left).[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk also dismounts and ties his heavy horse with the others. The big spirited horse has a fire in his eye but has clearly resolved that Tsaaruk is the master of the two as it follows without resistance. This was not always the case but the big Orc has proven the stronger and more stubborn of the pair. Tsaaruk moves to a point where he is somewhat between the building and the group so that he can intercept any threat coming from the building before it hits the group. Taking his place on guard he waits to see how the others want to proceed.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +12 / CMD: 24 Fort: +8 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances
[/sblock]

Remove ads