[LPF] Darkness Rising

Satin Knights

First Post
Stepping back out, standing in front of the doorway, "A runner from this citadel only got to us in Tritower an hour ago. It took us some time to put on our armor before teleporting in." He seems to recognize that you are priests of normally good faiths, which is probably why he hasn't cut you down yet, but is still quite annoyed. "And we find you here, tossing a priest off a tower. Strangers' bodies litter the floor everywhere below." Looking to his right, "I suppose those aren't your arrows in Arrak."

Shouting to his left so it can be relayed down, "Get the monsignor up here. Arrak is dead."

As the message is relayed down, even though they are farther away, the anger in the voices is getting stronger.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, we can stretch it out a bit.[/sblock][sblock=map]
citadel28.png
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Agno stares at the paladin as he begins to speak.

"It pains me to say so but we were led here under the pretense that we were freeing the temple of these dark stalkers and their creature minions. When we came up to the landing here and faced, hurrr... Arrak our false priest, Relios, immediately attacked. We supported him not understanding the nature of the betrayal." He looks sadly at the golden furred creature. "It wasn't until after, when we discovered holy-marked items upon Arrak's body that we realized that we had been, hurrr... duped. By that time the false priest had opened the crystal structure, taken the stone, and called down the wrath of the statues upon us."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 32/40 remaining
6 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 0/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 3/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We had to fight our way past groups of Dark Ones," adds Larissa. "It was a pitched battle to get this far -- It seemed your Arrak was one among many opponents."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien cheeks blush a little with embarrassment. At the time she had been on a roll and quite proud of her shooting and the creature had not lasted very long under her ranged assault. The has the incriminating evidence of whose arrows are whose all over the citadel with two more in her hand.

Holding her longbow behind her back, as if it could not still be seen, she begins to babble. Her voice is really fast, "Wellyouseeit'slikethis..."

"....thedarkfolkwerefiringatus... noquarter..."

"...notlikeIhavealwaysbeenthebestshot... luckyafewtimes... pityIdidn't... neverlikedhim..."

"...didn'tcast... grumpyol'fart... neversaid... owesustriplepayment..."

"Aaaand, yes. I am sorry."

She managed to talk for a complete minute without stopping for one breath during the entire time.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +8 Perception: +15 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch) +1AC Prot Evil
HP: 35 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 26(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Protection from Evil +1AC, Bless
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (28/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa keeps her face carefully neutral through the girl's rambling, knowing that the young archer is doing more than any of the others could to make the paladin believe the group had been easily fooled by the ersatz Father Relios.

Satin Knights

First Post
An old priest makes it up the stairs while Tyrien is rambling. The paladin points to the dead lion and rolls his eyes as Tyrien continues on. Shuffling over, the priest kneels down and starts pulling the arrows our of Arrak. After he finishes with that, he unscrews the bottom of his holy symbol and pulls a gem from a small compartment. After reassembling, he begins chanting in the language of the angels, laying his hands on the beast.

These prayers go on for a while before the beast's eyes open. Tyrien is still chattering away. Seeing the party, a deep growl comes from the beast, seemingly shaking the whole platform.

"Arrak, What happened here?"
[sblock=map]
citadel29.png
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa says nothing, knowing the creature's words will be damning, but also knowing that its charges cannot be answered until they are made.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, priest of Issolatha

Following Larissa's lead Agno remains silent. He knows that they have told no untruths even though the creature Arrak's words won't paint a pretty picture of the events that happened here.

[sblock=OOC/Actions]--[/sblock]

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 43 Current: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Ammo (Arrows): 32/40 remaining
6 arrows w/daybreak
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 remaining
Channel Energy: 0/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 4/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 3/7 remaining
Totem Transformation: 2/4 minutes remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
3rd level: cure moderate wounds, daylight, fly (D)
2nd level: chill metal, lesser restoration, share language, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien stops after her apology and she watches the cleric bring the winged lion creature back to life. She is awed and is almost speechless... well, only almost.

"Whoa, I think we really were misled here. If they had the power to do all of this, there was never a need for them to hire anyone to take back their citadel."

"I wonder, if someone gets killed and then brought back to life, would they let it slide since no permanent harm was actually done. I mean, Arrak was dead but it only looks to be an inconvenience now."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +8 Perception: +15 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch) +1AC Prot Evil
HP: 35 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 26(19ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Protection from Evil +1AC, Bless
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining, Daybreak Arrows (28/40)

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking at the chatterbox and flexing his claws, "Let me show you permanent harm." Another ominous growl seems to make the spire tremble.

Turning to the paladin, "Took you damn well long enough! These darkling creatures started attacking days ago. Father Relios called me in to defend the citadel. I was picking the invaders off from the air and dealing with the wyvern when one snuck by and smashed him in the back with a poisoned spiked mace. By the time I got back up here, it was too late."

"Most of these darklings were not a problem. Many didn't have magic or profane weapons, so they did little damage to me." Clawing at the bronze coil until it falls off, "Have that re-enchanted. I drained it dry. I am adding that to `my payment' demands for this mess. Serious this time. I think I earned it with five days of battle."

"Your stamina is why we call upon you in times of need. Most impressive."

"Then these whelps come in, with a walking Relios, so I pounced and tried to put the imposter down. The same damn mace hit me. I could take that, but not the barrage of arrows from that little elf." He grows as Tyrien again. "These three dropped me in seconds, when I had stood against an army of those other things for days."

"Is his body still there?" Nodding his head towards the opposite side of the platform from the stairs.

Remove ads