[LPF] Dwarven Crusade: Khuldun

Gerald007

First Post
After the warrior apprises the witch of what landmarks might stand out to him, Syl makes sure Waltor is tucked in and takes to the air. Although he was still learning about his flight ability, he knew he enjoyed this much more than riding those accursed horses. He scanned the area, flying around the group's general position, trying to remember relevant fauna to advise Borric.

Syl [sblock]
Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 6
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 50 of 50
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +6
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18)^, Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18)^, Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber on lizard man and one guard--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

With some help in the geographical information area, Borric is feeling more confident by the minute. "Okay, Grandpa, want do you spy with regards to landmarks?"

"Nate, help me look around a bit, why don't ya."

OOC: Can we get an Aid Another from Aldina as well, while we wait for jkasen to roll, please? If we get lucky on two more Aid Anothers, taking 10 for a 25 might actually do it. What about Celeb, does he get a roll for survival?
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 26 (23 without shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & lance
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I'm horrible with maps," Nathan admits, "But maybe if I saw it in three dimensions..." he mutters, looking over Borric's shoulder at the map, then squinting to the surroundings. He nods, then whistles, calling forth as small gaggle of swirling motes which trace the lines of the map in the wide area within which Borric thinks the group might possibly be.

The sorcerer steps away, then, directing the motes out in front of him, where they assemble, then their glowing forms shift to take on an approximation of the various routes, streams, tree clumps, and peaks and valleys indicated on the map. Nathan looks about, then back to the glowing jumble of map elements. Biting his lip, he reaches into the air, moving things about, referring back to the map and squinting at the distance.

Finally, he stands, arms akimbo, hip slightly cocked, to survey his work.

"Okay, this is the best I can come up with," he says with a final sigh. "Does it help you at all?"

[sblock=ooc]Using Silent Image to construct a vaguely 3D model of the map for reference / comparison to the surrounding geography. Not sure it has a genuine circumstantial benefit, but it seemed like an interesting application of the spell, and I'd hate for folks to have waited so long for "Nathan thinks about it." :)

Rolled some Aid Anothers, as well:

Survival; Know: Geo (1d20=3, 1d20=20)[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 6/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aldino perks up when Borric calls for his aid. He sits straighter and and stretches his neck up a bit to see what is around but ends up gawking in wonder at the displays of magic around him. Nathan's magical model takes a moment to get used to but as Sylvain calls down landmarks from his elevated position and Nathan modifies it as directed Borric is able to pinpoint their position on the map. Convinced of his position Borric adjusts their line of travel and is sure they haven't lost much time to their slight wandering.

"Good, good! I knew you had it in you, my boy! Not lost for long, eh? That gold'll be weighing down our pockets any day now."

With the direction straightened out the group is able to continue on for nearly two hours more before finding a place to camp. As the sun slips behind the mountains and sets the slopes ahead of them into shadow you see the glimmer of a small campfire maybe two miles or so distant.

[sblock=OOC]I keep forgetting about Take 10. With the modifiers you've garnered from Aid actions so far and gear, taking 10 will easily make the DC.[/sblock]

-- = Aldino Galucci = --

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric completely ignores the fact that he was ever uncertain and potentially lost. "Not a problem, I wasn't worried in the slightest."

"You are correct, grandpa. That dwarven gold is not going to elude such mighty and crafty heroes as us. No sir."

He settles in at the campsite, picketing the animals in a sheltered side of the campsite. He rubs down the horses.

CMB: +10 CMD: 23 (25 vs. Disarm/ 27 vs. Trip) Fort: +8 Reflex: +5 Will: +4 (+6 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & lance

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan calls another swirl of motes to refresh his defenses as the party gets back on the trail, happy to let Borric ignore his confusion now that they're back on track. As they set up camp and the campfire becomes visible, the sorcerer points.

"I dunno that I want to go making new exciting friends out here in the middle of nowhere, but it might be a good idea for us to at least scope whoever that is out before we start our own fire. If we're going to have trouble, I'd rather it was while we're all still awake."

[sblock=ooc]2nd cast of Mage Armor for the day, since I think it probably faded around the time we were checking the map.[/sblock]
[sblock=mini-stats]Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (6 hours)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 38/38
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +4* Ref: +5* Will: +6*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 15): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 16): Bless, Grease (DC 17), Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Silent Image, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 5/8
2nd (DC 17): Create Pit (DC 18), Glitterdust (DC 18), Oppressive Boredom, Resist Energy Remaining: 6/6
3rd (DC 18): Haste Remaining: 4/4

Heavenly Fire: 8/8 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"I think I have a little bit of flight time left today. I can take a quick scouting mission and report back if I see any possible trouble on the horizon. I think Waltor is beginning to get a kick out of flying. He constantly wants me to chase after yummy looking bugs, though..." Realizing he was rambling again, he trailed off.

Once the group was setting up the campsite, Syl took to the air for the scouting mission. That would be much more fun than boring camp work.

OOC: I assume I have a little bit of the flight hex left for today, DM.

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

• (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands (DC 16), Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Gerald]
I assume I have a little bit of the flight hex left for today, DM.

I figure Syl used around a minute of his hex for the mapping. That would leave him 5 minutes, roughly the ability to fly 6000 feet or just over a mile. The distant fire is roughly two miles away.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Ah, good point, DM. I'll not fly that far away and have to try and hoof it back. I Guess, I'll just scan close by to make sure that no bears or the like are out in the open.

Syl [sblock]
Human Witch 6
Conditions:

• (2nd level - DC 17) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 17), Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 18), Stinking Cloud (DC 18)
Hexes DC 18
  • Cackle, Flight--used, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--None.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Borric gauges the setting sun and the distance before replying, "But, we are not likely to get there and back before it is completely night. Some of us cannot see in the dark at all and that would give our scouting away as well. Hmmm..."

"If you guys have a plan to take a quick look, that is a fine idea. If not, then we have a few other options."

"I can set the fire in a banked pit to not give off illumination so much and they will not see it from so far away. Or we can make a big fire over there, away from the camp and see who comes to investigate. Ambush the ambushers, if you will."

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases