• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Take it out!"

[sblock=Actions]
  • Move: None
  • Standard: IF Fury's attack did not kill it, use Inspiring Command (Cythera & Fury gain +2 Attack, AC, CMD and Skill Checks!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (5/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Fury's attack dissolves the creature into a shower of sparks at roughly the same time as Cythera's flail swings through where the construct's shield used to be and clangs off the wall.

A moment passes in silence, and the nearby veil flickers into insubstantiality. Inside the alcove in the wall is a small pedestal, and a key, covered with dust but otherwise ready for the taking.

GM: I'll update soon with XP. If memory serves, that was a 6400 xp encounter, and I think Bren should be pretty close to leveling. will confirm later tonight or tomorrow.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera puts her flail away and collects her other weapons, leaving her glaive in hand. Resting the butt end on the floor, she leans on the shaft casually.

"Well, that wasn't that hard?" Of course the dragon disciple was not the one wounded in the fighting.

"Sorry, Fury, I am not belittling your injuries. But we did survive and were victorious. We must surely have passed the test of teamwork."

She gestures for Carak to join them, the dog being beside himself as he missed all the excitement.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 with Insp Cmd
HP: 76 Current: 76
CMB: +11 CMD: 26 (27 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless, Insp Cmd (+2att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 12/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
GM: Just did the math. Bren is now level 10 -- TBX put him over the top last Tuesday.

Cythera is due to level off TBX as of 23 December, but you are likely to be in combat before that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury shrugs, obviously not bothered by Cythera's comment.

"Didn't think you were downplaying my injuries. Truth is, it hurt worse than just about anything I've experienced so far in my life but Breninyr's healing took care of that quickly." He place one hand upon the monk's shoulder. "Thanks for that, friend.

So, all our hard work earned us a dusty key?"

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=OOC]Heading out for a couple of days with the family. Back on Friday, I hope. May be as late as Monday. Have a good Thanksgiving holiday all.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 6 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +11

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 64 Current: 56
CMB: +7 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier & cure light wounds wand
Effects/Conditions: Feather Step

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren nods at Fury with an affable grin. "Glad I could be of use! I must say, this 'adventuring' life is far more interesting than my time in the monastery."

[sblock=OOC/Travel]Likewise, I'll be traveling a good deal between now and Sunday afternoon. I can likely find a few times to post, but don't expect there'll be a lot going on anyway. I'll use the time (hopefully) to level Bren and Kalinn so they'll be ready to go after the holiday.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (5/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (07/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera smiles, "Certainly, adventuring life does have its excitement. Glad to have a good healer along to rid ourselves of the injuries and pains."

"I have a few spells myself, but none nearly as powerful as the few I have seen you cast, Breninyr. I have healing wand as well, if you would like some more, Fury."

She approaches the key and picks it up, blowing the dust off it to get a better look. With her mage sight, she checks around from some auras as well, just in case there are some to be found.
[sblock=Actions]Cast Detect Magic:
Know Arcana (1d20+14=21)
Spellcraft (1d20+12=28)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch) 26 with Insp Cmd
HP: 76 Current: 76
CMB: +11 CMD: 26 (27 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless, Insp Cmd (+2att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 12/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 2/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury waves the wand held in his left hand.

"I've one myself. Just for occasions like this where I have a few bruises after battle-healing. Thanks for the offer, though."

Fury activates the wand to eliminate his remaining injuries then looks up to see if anyone else needs a bit of minor healing.

[sblock=Actions]Fury uses 3 charges on his wand of cure light wounds to top off his hit points.
Rolls: 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=8[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 6 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +11

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +7 CMD: 23 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier & cure light wounds wand
Effects/Conditions: Feather Step

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 1/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The key radiates a weak abjuration magic -- not unexpected from something designed to be part of a complex enchanted lock. However, there's nothing to the object or its aura that indicates a grander purpose beyond unlocking something very old and very complicated.

The key itself is blocky and solidly constructed. The head seems to have a semi-abstract shield motif.

The chamber is eerily silent, lit only be the failing continual light spells and strewn ith the bones of the vanquished.

keyshield_150.jpg

GM: Sorry for the delay, but I've been having problems logging on these past few days. Glasseye, I think Bren had gotten Fury up to full health during combat.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ok. I sorta lost track of the healing during the combat. I thought I had everything marked but if you think otherwise then I'll gladly save those charges for later. ;)

As for logging on, until today I haven't been able to reliably access the site since before the holiday.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads