[LPF] Greener is the Grass

Systole

First Post
"Almost as good as a Goti..." Sylla mutters as the Goti ride away, but for a brief moment there is a curl of an actual smile on her lips.

Sylla listens impassively to Maui. "I will not force a father to work for the bones of his daughter. We will not force a father to work for the bones of his daughter. And if you want to know what 'estort' means, ask Denizel. I already get enough of this from Boots."

"What? What did I do? I didn't estort anyone. I've never estorted anyone in my life, I swear!"
He looks guilty. "Okay, maybe I estorted someone once ... but I'm sure I had a good reason."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel gives a sigh and pinches the bridge of his nose. He barely understood Maui when he got going, and Sylla was nearly tactless herself. He places a peaceful hand on Maui's shoulder.

"I think this is just. . . us understanding each other. . .incor- um wrong."
Denizel was pretty sure Maui would understand that. "Sylla was worried that we would try to get more from the Maui. To take advantage of Ganil in his sadness. I think Sylla understood wrong the words you said."

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel (Currently Hastened and Blessed: +2 to hit, +1 to AC, +1 to Reflex, +1 vs Fear)
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 48/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo Looks after the Goti men, pretty sure they are on the right track of what they are to be doing, so right now he is happily clueless.

jbear

First Post
Maui had the feeling he was being accused of something and he didn't like it. Though he tried his best and despite Denizel's patient explanation, things were not clicking in the jungle warrior's head as to exactly what the accusation was. A few things had clicked though. "Maui forced no one. Ganil is First of te Goti, so he is father to many. Duty then tears. Maui did not ask Ganil to work. I asked him to give us te bandits. He lends us his eyes and ears." Maui points at the Goti scout. "He gives us te bandits." He looks at Boots with a frown and shakes his head at the insult offered by Sylla with her suggestion that he should continue the conversation with her wolf. Denizel's intercession saves him from uttering words carrying equal insult.

Maui takes a deep breath. "Yes, Gentle One. Understanding wrong. Maui is also understanding wrong." ​He turns to the scout and asks him which way they should head.

Scott DeWar

Sensing a need for ranged combat with fleeing bandits, Vincenzo switches weapons to his bow, wooling wistfully at his injured horse.

OOC: the horse was -8 and stabilized the last I saw.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aoro stolidly watches the back and forth between Maui and Sylla and asides by Denizel and Vincenzo. When he finally speaks it is clear that he probably didn't fully understand everything that was said, and probably for the best. He motions towards the sign of passage and glances up at the sky.

"I am Aoro, called Grass-watcher. Hours yet until sunset; we should track while we have light. I will serve you as I serve the First of the Susack." He mounts up and waits until the strangers in his land indicate they are ready to travel.

[sblock=OOC]Yep. Vincenzo's horse is still down, iirc.[/sblock]

• • • Scout Aoro • • •

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"OH! Right."Denizel had forgotten all about Vincenzo's poor horse. He runs over pulling out the wand of healing. Tapping the horse once and then a second time to get it in riding condition, Denizel whisper a brief prayer and channels the wand's magic into the beast, before mounting his own.

[sblock=actions]CLW once http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3906014/ + 8 HP
A 2nd time for good measure. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3906017/ + 6 HP[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel, Level 5 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 2 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +7 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +3, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +6, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 31 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 46/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +12, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +15, Linguistics +9, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +7

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/7
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Command, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"OH! Right."Denizel had forgotten all about Vincenzo's poor horse. He runs over pulling out the wand of healing. Tapping the horse once and then a second time to get it in riding condition, Denizel whisper a brief prayer and channels the wand's magic into the beast, before mounting his own.

[sblock=actions]CLW once http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3906014/ + 8 HP
A 2nd time for good measure. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3906017/ + 6 HP[/sblock]

OOC: the horse now has 6 hp.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aoro nods his acceptance of Sylla's offer of Boots' tracking assistance.

"The wolf has a keen nose; I welcome his aid."

Tracking with Aoro is slow. The man is meticulous but Boots' nose and skill are equal to the Goti's skill and experience. By dusk you still haven't caught up to the bandits and Aoro stands looking westward at a dim purple line on the distant horizon. "A storm is rolling down out of the mountains. It may not reach us, but if it does, tracks may be destroyed." He shakes his head, not hopeful for the morrow.

Luckily, when the group wakes the next morning the ground is dry. It looks like the storm blew out before it reached the area. After setting out the group only rides a few short hours when they see a haze hanging low in the air beyond the next hill. Riding up the crest of the hill they see a vast herd of bison stretched across the low land and up the next hill calmly grazing the dry grass.

• • • Scout Aoro • • •

Remove ads