[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Strongheart

Brog gives the caster a good final kick before looking over the corpse to see if he had anything of use to those in his party. "Anybody catch what the vermin said before he died that understood him? I never saw much need in learning the language of rats."

[sblock=ministats]AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
*+4 vs Giants
HP: 9/14 Initiative: +1
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +8
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
*+4 vs bull-rush, trip when on ground
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
*+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
Current Weapon in Hand: dwarven waraxe (+3, 1d10+2) and shield
Current Conditions in Place:[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn

Kepli rushed up to Maenor and began shaking him hoping that she could break the magics affecting him.

"Maenor! Maenor, wake up!"

When Brog asked if anyone knew what the goblin said Kepli just shook her head in the negative. Scuttle flapped into the room and landed next to Snorri. He looked at the dwarf curiously then rapped him on the forehead, hard, with his beak. If that doesn't elicit a reaction Scuttle does it again.

[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 0/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

MerryMortician

Explorer
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

The fight is over before it has begun in earnest. Caius pushes through the tapestry behind Kepli in time to see the shaman, the boy wizard, and the bird all attempting to rouse fallen combatants. One of the dwarves--Brog is his name--stands over a soiled cloth rag covered with bloody pulp that seems to contain bits of goblin.

"Ah, I missed the fight," Caius says with neither relief nor apparent disappointment. "The gods are with you, Brog. They fuel the thoroughness of your destruction. What exactly happened to these others?" he asks, gesturing with his scythe toward their sleeping comrades.

[sblock=OOC]I will be out of town on business from 2/05 though 2/10. I hope to post once or twice more before leaving but anticipate having no chance to participate while I'm away. I have taken some extra time off after coming back so I'll catch up then, either way.[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 10/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: +1 damage to next strike (whetstone)
Weapon in Hand: Scythe
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]

Radaceus

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe

[section]
"Zzz...phlblblblp....Zzz...phblblblp"

Marching purposefully through freshly hewn tunnels, dwarves milling about pushing carts in and out of corridors shooting off in various directions, Snorri stops to examine a glittering rock along the main tunnel. He pulls his mining pick and whacks a bit of the rock away, to reveal more glitter and excitedly continues to produce a large golden vein that had been missed. Signalling a group of engineers standing up ahead he calls out, 'what are you lot doing standing over there? Get this buttressed, and dug out! How could you have missed this, the mother lode under your noses all this time!'
They race over excited and full of excuses, picks at the ready.
'Pwick...pweck...pwack' rings the tools throughout the tunnels.
Snorri is beside himself contemplating the wealth. A rumble begins down the tunnel, the engineers continue picking away consumed in their toil.
'Pwick'
Several dwarves rush up from further down the tunnel, one stops to urge Snorri and the engineers to get out, but they wont budge from their bounty.
'Pweck'
One by one the corridors begin to collapse around Snorri, he pushes one of the engineers out of the way and mightily heaves his own pick at the vein.
'PWACK!'
And the ceiling caves in, it all goes black...

"Noooo! my gold!" Snorri cries out as he wakens to Scuttle pecking his forehead. He shakes his head and rolls quickly away from the bird. Realizing his predicament, he grumpily stands up, and gets his bearings.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +1
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18/22* (touch 11; flat-footed 17/21*) HP: 12/ 12 (*+4 vs giant types)
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Relentless: Gain a +2 to Bull Rush and Over-run
Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor's eyes snap open at the incessant shaking of the others. "Enough, enough. I'm awake already." Sounding rather annoyed, he sits up in a cross-legged position and groggily scratches the back of his head. "It's over huh? Shame, I was enjoying my nap." He stifles a yawn and stands up to stretch, his bronze bangles chiming as he does so. He picks his sword up and sheathes it in it's lacquered scabbard.
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]
Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +5, 1d6+4, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: Enhance Weapon (6 Rounds)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The only thing you have left to do is ruffle through the dead shaman's things. You do find that most of his magical trinkets that he wears are mostly worthless junk, though a spear he had leaning close by seems to be of surprisingly superb quality, and seems of dwarven make. There is a small chest stashed in the back of the room, underneath a pile of old clothes and rags.

Sezarious

Explorer
Regar tips his hat has he moves towards the dead shaman. "What is it I read on combat philosophy? You warriors would know it, something about educating yourself against- erm- No it was, no... No? Know! Ah yes Know! KNOW THY ENEMY! That's right!! Yes. This shaman, he said..."

Regar adjusts himself, crouching down. He takes his green hat and folds the rim in on one side, the point of the hat perpetuating the stereotype that all goblins have massive noses. In a rickety voice he speaks again, like an old man. He mimics the creatures actions as closely as possible before it's death "Better to die this way. Chieftain is insane... blood magic... drink you dry...". Regar makes a dramatic choking sound before falling to the ground.

"Hmmm, blood magic! Well I know that blood is referenced heavily amongst the literature of the gods in this realm, so it may be a divine gift, though I may have read of arcane magics tied to blood... I'm just trying to think if I can recall any specifics through my studies... Hmm".
[roll0]
[roll1]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Regar
[sblock]
From the little evidence you could gather, the shaman seemed afraid of the chieftain. The shaman had some magic himself, yet was still afraid of the chieftain. You surmise that the goblin chieftain drains his opponents of their blood to strengthen himself, either through some tool or paranormal means, though you see no evidence of a related cult that would make his power divine.
[/sblock]

Further inspection of the room reveals a small tunnel to the north, past the shaman's room. At the end is a narrow hole cut in the farthest corner. A pale and a rope is next to the opening, and the opening itself is just large enough to fit a fit human. About ten feet below is the faint reflection of dark water.

You can elect to:
A.) Check the chest
B.) Shimmy down the well
C.) Leave this chamber and the shaman's residence and take the tunnel upwards and to the west
D.) Further inspect the room

Also, if someone wishes they can keep the spear.

Sezarious

Explorer
"Hmm, drains blood and has some form of immunity to weapons? He almost sounds like he's been inflicted with vampirism or something, however the chieftain specifically referred to it as 'blood magic'. I wonder if it 's some ability derived rather from necromancy than something that is specifically 'Blood magic'. No, there's probably a DISTINCT difference between them, but I've not heard of this type of magic before. It's probably old magic... Hmm we still don't have enough information, which would be good to be able to gather before fighting him. Perhaps he holds some artifact of power? No evidence of divine influence from an evil diety, at least, nothing yet.... Hmm. Who knows?"

Regar shrugs on the ground, then stands and casts and maintains Detect Magic, moving around the room to determine if there are any magical auras around the chest, the spear and anything else in the room, spending the time needed to determine aura strength and the types of magic present. "If the spear is not cursed in any way, I assume it will give out an evocation aura, which is the aura given out by your magically enhanced weapons... Enchantment or something though and I'd be worried. Just let me give it the one over and if it has an evocation aura, that should mean it's magically enhanced and I'll... I'll touch it first, then you guys can work out who wants it. I don't have the identify spell yet, so erm... Sorry about that." Regar appears quite focused on the task at hand. Magical investigation and thorough searches for auras, he was in his element.

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor runs his hands over some of the glyphs scattered throughout the room "Hmmm...What were you working on, old one?" Giving himself time to think, he heads over to a pile of rancid rags in the corner of the room. He kicks some of them aside, revealing a small chest. "Now what do you make of this?" He gives the chest a nudge with his boot, sliding it towards the center of the chamber.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Knowledge (Arcana):[roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]
Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +5, 1d6+4, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: Enhance Weapon (6 Rounds)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads