• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn

Kepli didn't have any skill with locks so she left the chest for someone else to deal with. Though looking from face to face of those who traveled and fought with her she thought that might be taking an axe to the lock. She hoped there was nothing fragile inside. Turning her attention to Regar's monologue she listened then offered her assurances.

"You can do it, Regar. You don't need a 'Identify' spell; I have faith in you."

[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 0/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Regar blushes a bright red a Kepli's reassurances. "Erm, well uh, yes I... Could attempt to identify it without- without the spell. Detect magic does make the uh... The matter easier. Very well... I will try... Then I'll just check the chest in case it's trapped... Ok, here goes nothing!"

Regar takes out spike his scorpion familiar to aid him, the little creature focusing it's own spell craft-skills in an attempt to assist Regar, through it's tremor-sense it picks up on the subtle changes in density in the spear, the soft vibrations and the humming ring of any potential magics nearby.

[sblock=Spellcraft] Using detect magic and receiving aid another assistance from my familiar to identify the spear (+2)[roll]1d20+9+2[/roll][/sblock].

Radaceus

Adventurer
[section]
Snorri gathers up his axe and shoulders his shield. He scans the contents of the room, eyeing the box momentarily until his eyes adjust and fall upon the spear, he squints, "aye, that tis a fine thing that ther, not for the likes of goblinkin! We've done well to wrest it."
Watching intently as Regar portrays the dying goblin, Snorri chuckles, placing his hand on the elf's shoulder, "fine work, lad, fine work! I never hae no want for that wretched tongue, still it is good to know their mind. Maybe this one were wily and had ways around his master?" the dwarf ponders, his hand dropping away as he steps forward and picks up his light hammer. Stowing the weapon in his belt, he proceeds slowly toward the tunnel alcove and peers down the hole.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Inspecting the tunnel and well
[roll0]
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Apologies if I am holding us up, I'm currently doing 12 hr days in 42+ heat (I believe that's 107+f in the old math), my only thoughts are for a cold beer and sleep :)[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +1
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18/22* (touch 11; flat-footed 17/21*) HP: 12/ 12 (*+4 vs giant types)
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Relentless: Gain a +2 to Bull Rush and Over-run
Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Regar identifies the weapon as a magical short spear, which possesses a weak enhancement which allows for easier swinging, thrusting, and a slightly greater impact than normal (Short Spear +1). It is definitely of dwarven origin. No magic aura comes from the outside of the chest, though a cursory poke at the lid tells you that it is locked. In fact, nothing else radiates magic in the rest of the room, so all of the shaman's trinkets were worthless to all but him and superstitious members of his tribe.

As for the hole itself, it looks like a quality masonry job, though the water appears to be somewhat stagnant. A half-orc or dwarf would not be able to slip down there while wearing armor, but a human or thinner person could with a bit of a squeeze.

Radaceus

Adventurer
OOC: no interest in the spear, it should go to someone who would actively use the weapon, my vote (i.e., Kepli, maybe Brog?)

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog Strongheart

Brog will stand watch while the others search. He'll take the spear if offered, and will try to open the chest the only way a dwarven warrior knows, by smashing the lock open, after warning everyone to put some space between them and the chest, of course.

OOC: Sorry about the short post. Life is busy right now. I would say the spear should go to one of the front line fighters to give them a weapon to use against the cheiftain.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn

Kepli declines use of the shortspear. As she explains, there are plenty of skilled warriors who could make better use of the weapon than she could. She peers doubtfully down the shaft of the well.

"Do we really need to go down there? I suppose it is possible that the shaman stowed something down there, or dropped something down there..."

[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 0/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After some effort, Brog succeeds in destroying the top of the chest to see what is inside. And a good thing he went that route, too, because the chest had inside of it a complex-looking mechanical trap of some kind that would have shot out some needles filled with some sappy liquid that you assume is poisonous. Unfortunately, the chest also contained three potions in glass vials that are now shattered and destroyed, and may have likely been very valuable. You do recover 75sp and 15gp from the remains of the chest, however.

OOC: At this point you can continue to investigate the well or head for the stairs in the previous room that go westwards and upwards.

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Seeing the shattered glass fragments within the chest Maenor sighs, "Well that really is a tragedy now, isn't it? It be a real shame if the key was just laying about too." Seeming to dismiss the chest from his thoughts Maenor walks over to the grungy-looking hole in the wall. Peering into it briefly he looks around the room for some suitable item. Picking up a ruined book, he thumbs through it to ensure that it is indeed worthless. Seemingly satisfied, he traces a delicate rune on its surface which suddenly bursts forth bright light. He then casually tosses the book down the shaft, awaiting the inevitable splash.
[/section]

[sblock=Action]
Cast Light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]
Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 3/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +5, 1d6+4, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: Enhance Weapon (6 Rounds)
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads