• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

"Hold on, maybe the spices are around here" Damaris looks around with Ru, then finally check the smaller remaining structure.

[sblock]

Damaris will move with Ru and check on the chests. Once that's done, she will go outside and have a look at J16.

In case needed:
1d20+8=20 [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:50 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth agreed with Rhas, “Yes, let us find my spices. Otherwise my business is ruined. They should be here somewhere.”

The chests in the two private bedrooms in the barracks proved to be unlocked and untrapped. Inside were the smelly personal belongings of the gnolls that used the rooms. There was nothing of real value in either of them.

Afterward, Damaris investigated the final structure and soon realized that stench was horrendous. It was an outhouse that was swarming with flies. The only furnishing was a wooden board with two circular openings that served as a seat.

There was no sign of the gnome’s spices.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00M_zpse7f38a63.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      66/66 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   62/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
After not finding the spices, Umthirn pauses to think for a bit, and turns to Hradeth "Can you give us a summary of how you were captured? There might be a clue in there about what happened to your spices there."

[sblock=OOC]
--
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17 + 4 MA (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru sighs. "And then gnoll clothes make everything smell worse," he says with clear disappointment at the contents of the trunks. The southerner makes a quick exit back to the fresh air.

He perks up as Umthirn poses his question.

"If they took the spices by wagon, we might be able to see a trail, too," Ru suggests as they await a reply. "Either way, it looks like the spices aren't here. We should start loading up what we are taking. Whether we can find a trail or not, I'm not keen on camping here."

The southerner puts his words to action, and as Umthirn questions Hrandeth, begins hitching horses to one of the wagons to prepare loading it.

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Initiative: +4
Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas nods. "If the spices aren't here, we'd best have a look 'round to see where the tracks've gone. I like the idea of bein' paid for services rendered." He begins looking for wagon tracks out of the camp.

[sblock=OOC]Survival (1d20+5=8)

Abject failure on the first roll ... trying again ...

Survival (1d20+5=25)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

Damaris covers her mouth and nose and steps back into the middle of the camp. "Nope, no spices there. I really don't see where else could they be. I guess we should put everything we are taking into the wagons and move out. We shouldn't leave anything if there are any other gnolls left scouting the area"

Damaris gives one last try to look around the camp for any signs of the spices, but if she doesn't find anything, she will help Ru set up the horses and the wagons to leave.

[sblock] Perception 1d20+8=25

[/sblock]

​[sblock=Ministats]Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 2/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth explained in answer to Umthirn, "It was about a week ago, mayhap? Not sure how many days, maybe more. They set up my wagon on the Trade Road and slaughtered my guards. I hid in the wagon and they knocked me out instead of killing me."

"My wagon is in the barn there, so I am sure my spices are around here somewhere. The gnoll asked about them yesterday and he would only have done that if he was still looking to try selling them. You all have hardly spent much time looking for them yet."

While Ru and Damaris work on hitching the horses to a wagon, Rhas looked around outside the fort and found no recent wagon ruts to indicate the wagons left in the last few days.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00N_zpsd76e32ef.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      66/66 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   62/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message
[/sblock][sblock=GM Note]Sorry, you need to be specific on where you are looking for those Perception Rolls. I caution against meta-gaming that you are finished and on your way back to town.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas shrugs. "Well ... bloody hells. No sense in keeping the place pretty-looking, then. Keep a watch while I go through everything, thorough-like." The dwarf heads back to the building on the left side of the camp and begins tossing beds and tearing up the floor with his axe, looking for a compartment big enough to hold a box of spices.

[sblock=OOC]Take 20 on Perception for 33. Or if roll needed: Searching (1d20+13=27)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

[sblock=ooc]Wasn't my intention to meta-game at all. I thought we had searched all the buildings, though it seems we didn't do it properly? It was always my intention to have searched things thoroughly before leaving.[/sblock]

Ru raises his eyebrow as they discover the wagons haven't moved.

"Odd, isn't it, to just sit on spoils like this for several days if they were only worth something to you sold?" he ponders out loud, then shrugs. "If there's no sign they took it anywhere, then I suppose it has to be here somewhere."

As Rhas begins tearing apart the barracks, Ru moves toward the building with the cells.

"I'll dig around again in the cells," he offers. "That's the only place that had any traps, so it seems the most secure place they might have kept loot."

[sblock=ooc]As with Rhas, taking 20 on the search of both cells and the two rooms behind them. Threw in a roll in case we can't do that:

Perception (1d20+8=19)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: Wakizashi x1

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Umthirn smiled and tried to reason with the gnome "Well, we just wanted to make sure there were not any other nasty gnolls hidden in plain sight. If we started really searching hard, we would loose track of our surroundings, and might get ambushed. By doing a quick walk through, we removed that option, so we can really start looking and finding them."

With the back of the barn unchecked, Umthirn takes a good look around the wagons and the horses, before returning to the back of the barn and starting his search from there.

[sblock=OOC]
I will admint, it was a little confusing when we coudn't find them. Hence why I asked what happened.

For all we know, there are other gnolls camps out there that would have kept the spices, while the commander stayed here to find out more information.

Umthirn will take the barn while the other two toss the barracks. Take 10 on the wagons, then take 20 in the barn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=mini stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17 + 4 MA (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW