• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

Ru draws both Wakazashi as the group prepares to enter the tunnel.

"Well, here's hoping this is just your average smuggler's back room," Ru offers. "I'm not keen on running up against another whole encampment."

He gives Damaris a nod of thanks for the light, then moves forward cautiously, pausing to check the new hallway as he turns the corner.

[sblock=ooc]Move to X62, which shifts Damaris' lights to x60 per soulnova's previous conditional. Holding there to see what there is to see around the corner.

Perception (1d20+8=23)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Initiative: +4
Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas wordlessly nocks a bolt and waits in the common room for something large and angry to common around the corner.

[sblock=OOC]Setting up/readying an attack, although I doubt it'll be used.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Looking around the corner, the tunnel turned again to the right after a few paces. For the floating lantern to be ahead of Ru, Damaris had to follow after the ninja.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00R_zpsf17a3ec4.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      66/66 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   62/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (8/10 rounds)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Ru's shoulders sink a bit as he sees another turn, but he says nothing. He moves cautiously to the next bend, looking and listening for signs of trouble, though his nerves seem to be getting the better of him.

[sblock=ooc]Moving to X60 and looking around the next corner. Not sure how often I need to roll, so here's another:

Perception. (1d20+8=12)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:None

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas frowns. "Never liked being underground much. 'S why I took to guarding the road. But if there's money at the end of the tunnel, lead on."

[sblock=OOC]Following along.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Is JS45 on vacation and I missed it? I have been going slow for his sake as I am not sure where he would be; letting Ru wander face first into danger or overruling the ninja to lead the way. :p

jackslate45

First Post
Ooc: sorry, in the process of moving and work has added to my plate. I've come home to sleep nowadays. Move Umthirn up with Ru for now, since Ru is effective w/ flanker

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Moving carefully deeper into the underground warren of dirt tunnels, Ru was finding that there were a few different tunnels to move through.

He thought he heard a whisper or something up ahead, but he could not get a precise location.

The floating lantern from Damaris's spell was also not illuminating as far as it should. The bright illumination turned dim after only a few feet down the center tunnel.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map00S_zps36aa33d7.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      66/66 HP remaining;
Umthirn:   62/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (8/10 rounds)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Ru frowns as Damaris' light meets with shadow. He reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a glowing stone, which he throws into the air. The stone begins a lazy orbit around his head.

"That looks like trouble," Ru whispers. "We might need you doing something other than concentrating on lights, Princess, so I can make due with mine. It won't do any worse, at least."

Ru steps to the left, glancing to Umthirn. "I can't see much of anything straight ahead, but you have better eyes for this sort of thing, don't you?" he asks the dwarf.

[sblock=ooc]Using Ioun Stone so Damaris doesn't get stuck having to re-cast light if we wind up in a fight. I'd forgotten I even had the thing.

Moving to V58 to let Umthirn see if his darkvision penetrates the center tunnel.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination

Remove ads