[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris.jpg

[sblock]Sorry! I had to travel away for an emergency. I just came back. :( [/sblock]

Damaris will use ghost sound on the corner where the image is. "I don't see anything here either" the voice springs out of the illusory figure.

The real Damaris instead will stay put on her place.

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris - Bard lvl 6
HP 39/47
Init +4
AC 20 | Touch 15 | FF 16
CMB+5 | CMD 19
Saves: F+3 | R+10 | W+5

Perception +8 | Sense Motive 11* (Vers. Perform.) | Bluff 11* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +11 (+1 vs males)

Masterwork Shortbow +9 (1d6)
Longsword +6 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +8 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/14 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt, Mending, Mage Hand
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, Timely Inspiration, Silent Image 1/5 day. lvl2 Invisibility, Silence, Pyrotechnics, Glitter Dust 3/4 day
Spell-like ability: Message 0/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Arcane Strike

Consumables: Acid Flask(2/2), Alchemist Fire (2/2), Holy Water (2/2), Oil (2/2), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Normal Arrows (11).[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=GM Note]Soulnova, maintaining Silent Image is a Standard Action and casting Ghost Sound will negate it.

Mfloyd3 is going to run Umthirn for me for the near term until we reach a point for him to swap for one of his characters.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn nods to Rhas as he goes by and falls in step with him, grimly eyeing the walls as the pair make their way forward.

[sblock=ooc]
Full Move: Advance to Q60.

Hi All --

Nice to be playing with you. Try not to let the Dwarf get too banged up, it's a rental. :)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Umthirn
AC: 17 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
2 Bottle of Mage Armor Armor

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?346804-LPF-Kaedyn-s-Quest/page79#ixzz3CdZgMYUR
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, rangerish human ninja

[sblock=ooc]Of course I wind up stuck out of town with no internet right when someone says I'm participating regularly, :p. Sorry, folks.

Thanks for the help, mfloyd. :)[/sblock]

Ru moves to the edge of the darkness, listening for dwarven screams before he tries slinking forward himself.

[sblock=ooc]As above. Move to V60 and hold for a round / the results of the dwarves entering the darkness.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 43/47

Initiative: +4
Perception: +8 (+9 Traps) Sense Motive: +6
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +3
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +9, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +7/+7, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +8, 1d6
Shuriken: +8, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/5 remaining
Ranger's Focus: 0/1 remaining
Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Hi mfloyd3!!

About the Ghost Sound and Silent Image casting.... I guess then I would have to cast Ghost Sound first and then Silent Image to keep it working??? In any case... I guess that if whatever is in there didn't react to the image there's no point on keeping the image. Damaris will instead cast Ghost sound in that same spot to see if anything comes out.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Hrandeth stayed in the barn, muttering something that you all could not hear.

The two dwarves moved forward and see the hallway open up to be 10 foot and some possible side passages. Farther along, a stone tunnel was visible with stairs leading down. Not being terribly stealthy, they were seen easily and slow to react.

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

There were at least 3 shadowy figures, tieflings in chainshirts, in the catacomb-like dirt tunnels ahead, one partially down the stairs. Even Ru and Damaris could hear the twang of crossbow bolt being released from up ahead.

The incoming fire flew at the dwarves, they each had one bolt hit on target squarely on their compact torsos and cause painful bruising from the impact with broken the skin.

A fourth tiefling was in the dirt tunnel to Rhas’s right, poking around the corner to fire as well once the other three had fired. His bolt took Rhas in the side cracking some ribs.

OOC: Combat: Round 1 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]T1 fired at Rhas, hit for 14 dmg
T2 fired at Rhas, hit for 12 dmg
T3 fired at Umthirn, hit for 11 dmg
T4 fired at Rhas, missed

Initiative:
Tieflings
You Guys

Tactical Map:
1. Dark colored vegetation is difficult terrain if more than 50% of Square for medium creatures or smaller & provides 20%(roll 1d100: 1-20 misses) concealment being bushes from ranged attacks, 50% concealment for small creatures or prone medium ones.
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map01_zps1f65a522.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   43/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      46/66 HP remaining; 26 dmg
Umthirn:   51/62 HP remaining; 11 dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Pef 4/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 1/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (5/10 rounds), Ghost Sound (5/6 Rnds)
Enemy Status:
Code:
T1  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp
T2  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp
T3  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp
T4  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 21/21hp; Prone
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]I know there are guides that talk about combining Ghost Sound and Silent Image (pretty much making Minor Image), but you have to cast Ghost Sound first and select the type of sound that goes with it. Since there is no concentration factor, it pretty much is fire and forget and flexible after it is cast.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas grunts as the bolts thud into him, then runs forward, axe held high. "Cover me back, cousin!" His axe slashes at the tiefling as the demonspawn tries to roll out of the way. "Stand up and die like a man, ye divvil!"

[sblock=OOC]Move to O59. Attack Prone guy. Attack on prone (1d20+8=21, 1d10+2=5)

AOO on prone (1d20+8=23, 1d10+2=6)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19+2 (13+2 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13

Reliable Strike: 1/1

Weapon in Hand: Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+2, 20x3) and Heavy Steel Shield
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn shouts a Dwarven war cry. "There's one in the tunnel to the right, Ru!" He calls. "Keep him honest!"

He barrels down the hallway to stand behind his cousin and launches an adroit punch at the nearest Tiefling.

[sblock=OOC]
Free: Point to hallway so Ru knows where T2 is concealed. Hope you've got something creative, JK. But even if you don't, it would be a huge help if you could just distract him.:)

Move: Move to P59. (might invoke AoO from T2, but he's holding a crossbow)
Standard: Stunning Fist on T3.

Attack on T3 w/Stunning Fist (1d20+8=25, 1d8+1d6+5=14)

T3 must make DC17 Fort Save or be Stunned.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Umthirn
AC: 17 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 4/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Ru swears under his breath as he hears the twang of bows.

"Well, this ought to be fun," he says grimly. "How far in are they, boys?" Ru calls. "It won't be pretty, but I'm more than happy to swing a sword at the dark as long as one of you can make sure I'm not swinging at you!"

[sblock=ooc]Okay, what Ru can and can't do this round will largely depend on what he's able to figure out about placement. I'm rolling perception to try to figure out where one of them is by sound, but I don't know what the actual modifiers would be here. Clearly the Tiefling isn't using Stealth if he's attacking. Anyway:

Perception (where is the shuffling and bowstring twang coming from?) (1d20+8=19)

If that or some indication from the others gives him a placement on one of the Tieflings, I'll move him that way. If not, I'll likely have him flatten against the wall in the light and make a Stealth check of his own. So: holding further actions barring results / Umthirn's actions.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Ranger's Focus (1/day)

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, "blind" in the areas of darkness (-2 AC, -4 Str/Dex skill / opposed perception, enemies gain 50% concealment, DC 10 Acro needed to move faster than half speed. Retains Dex to AC due to Uncanny Dodge)

jkason

First Post

[sblock=ooc]Edit: my ninja post was ninja'd. ha![/sblock]

With Umthirn's warning, Ru sets his jaw and moves to the hallway. Unsure how deep in his opponent might be, the southerner takes one step into the darkness and slashes forward, deciding the methodical approach is his best bet. His sword catches nothing by air, however.

[sblock=ooc]Move to U62, attack:

Wakizashi attack; damage; miss chance (high = hit) (1d20+9=26, 1d6=6, 1d100=16)

Bah. Oh, well. Worth a shot.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, "blind" from darkness (-2 AC, -4 Str/Dex skill / opposed perception, enemies gain 50% concealment, DC 10 Acro needed to move faster than half speed. Retains Dex to AC due to Uncanny Dodge)

Remove ads