[LPF] Kaedyn's Quest

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ninja'd, dammit. Updated his post. I'd like to change Rhas' action to ready a shot on anything that comes through the door. If you want to use the same roll, he'll get +2 for a 16 total on account of no Rapid Shot. Otherwise, feel free to roll for me, PM.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn ducks behind the corner from the door and fumbles another potion from his belt. "Well done," he calls back to his comrades. "Now get inta position and let's end this thing!"

[sblock=ooc]
Move: Move to P60
Std: Draw potion.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Umthirn
AC: 21 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 17) (*mage armor in effect*)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?346804-LPF-Kaedyn-s-Quest/page79#ixzz3CdZgMYUR
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ Day 15, 13:52 - Miles North of Thornbury ~

TeiflingRogue_zpsff084696.png

The lone tiefling slumps in the corner with Damaris’s arrow in his chest. The wall could not hold him up once his legs gave out when consciousness slipped away from him sue to the fatal wound. Bubbles of blood came from his mouth as his dying breaths were ragged with a punctured lung.

Watching the door leading down below, Rhas and Umthrin did not see any attempt being made to open it again.

For moment, at least, you had a lull in battle to catch your breath and regroup. The one that fled deeper underground was not returning yet.

OOC: Combat Tentatively Over
[sblock=Combat Information]Awarded 1000xp each

Tactical Map:
1. The boulders in Q59/60 & R59/60 are difficult terrain
2. Medium or Large bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller. Large Bodies can provide soft cover bonuses like low wall
LPFKQEnc6Map05_zpsb1b44b2e.jpg

Party Status:
Code:
Ru:        43/47 HP remaining; 
Damaris:   38/47 HP remaining; 
Rhas:      23/66 HP remaining; 
Umthirn:   32/62 HP remaining; 

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
  Ru: Ki Pool 5/6; Rngr Foc 0/1
  Damaris: Bard Perf 9/14; Spells 1st 2/5, 2nd 0/4; SLA 1/1
  Umthirn: Stun Fist 4/6
Conditions in effect: Message, Dancing Lights (1/10 rounds), Ghost Sound (1/6 Rnds), Mage Armor (Umthirn)
Enemy Status:
Code:
T1  [AC0]: -7/21hp
T2  [AC0]: -4/21hp
T3  [AC0]: -4/21hp
T4  [AC16, Touch 12, CMD15]: 1/21hp; Fled
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Systole, sure the RS can be switched to readied action. But we are going to temporarily drop out of combat right now anyway.

While we are not strictly in combat rounds, I am roughly keeping track of the rounds that go by so as long as you all stick close together in number of rounds being used and don’t take too many at a time, we can cover more than 1 round per post.

Ru leveled up on 29 Aug with 15,024XP :)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ru leveled up on 29 Aug with 15,024XP :)

Sweet. :) I've been fiddling with using Ru's rebuild to make him a Slayer, since this Ninja stuff just isn't winding up as filling the role I've wanted for him. Trying to figure out if I can do that faster than tacking on a new ninja level since my head hasn't been in that direction. I'll get something up soon as I can.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Rhas_150.jpg

Rhas holds the crossbow on the far door for a moment, before hurriedly stepping forward and retrieving his shield and axe. "If ye've got a wand o' healing, I could use a few taps. More'n happy to pay ye for it later."

[sblock=OOC]Retrieving stuff. Will start drinking potions if that's our healing, but would rather not do that yet.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Rhas Ironeyes

AC: 19 (13+2 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 22
Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Weapons: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3) or Dwarven Waraxe (+8, 1d10+3, 20x3)

Perception: +13
Initiative: +4

Reliable Strike: 0/1

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+12/+7 or +10/+10/+5, 1d10+6, 19-20x3)
Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Got me a cure stick here," calls Umthirn, slipping the potion back into his pocket and pulling out a wand. "Ken ya' use it, Miss Demaris? It ain't my thing."

[sblock=ooc]
Offering up a CLW wand for anyone who needs it. Let's get healed up quick and on the move.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Umthirn
AC: 21 (Touch 17, Flatfooted 17) (*mage armor in effect*)
HP: 62/62

Initiative: +4 Movement: 40'
Perception: +12 Sense Motive: +12 Acrobatics: +11 ( +6 with jump checks)
CMB: +9 (11 w/ Grapple) CMD: 24 (26 vs Grapple/28 vs Trip & Bull Rush)
Fort: +8&% Reflex: +8&* Will: +9&
& +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities
% +2 vs poison/drugs, +4 vs alcohol
* Evasion

Stunning Fists (DC 17) 5/6
Exploit Weakness against Target D20+9 (DC 10+ (CR/Hardness):
Bonus To hit Active: +2 to hit / Ignore DR
Bonus to Defense Active: +2 AC/Reflex/Sense Motive
Immune To Fatigue

In Hand: Unarmed Attack: +8 1d8+5+1d6 or +8/+8/+3 Flurry: 1d8+5+1d6

Consumables Used:
13 taps of CLW
Bottle of Mage Armor Armor
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Sure" Damaris will use the wand for whoever is asked for. "Let's do this as fast as we can"

[sblock] Crashing for the night. Using at least 2 chargers for Rhas (+14) and 2 charges for Umthrim (+13) respectively. Is that ok? Do you want more?

CLW wand 1d8+1=9, 1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=8, 1d8+1=5 Roll whatever more is needed. I'll be a little busy this week too. If anything, When we are ready and advancing through the door Damaris will start with Inspire courage again and stay behind Ru and Umthrim. [/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru Brike, human slayer

Ru shakes his head.

"I'm fine, Princess," he declares as Damaris quickly moves to heal the dwarves. He frowns slightly, seeming to talk to himself as much as to the others. "Weird, but fine. I don't know, slashing around in the dark, I tried yanking at that inner reserve Gis taught me, and something ... ah, I never was any good at understanding how all that supernatural hooey worked, but I think I tapped something I wasn't meant to. Has me feeling a lot more charged and focused, but I can't even feel the place where the reserve was any more."

Ru shakes his head again, this time more forcefully, then looks up and smiles.

"Doesn't matter. I still know how to swing a sword, and I know where the folks are I want to swing it at, so let's do this thing."

[sblock=ooc]Some fluff to cover Ru's rebuild. As I said in the approval thread, his basic skills aren't really changing a lot. He's just (hopefully) slightly more competent at what I think he should be competent, but without the Ki effects any more. Seemed reasonable to characterize that as Ru basically "breaking open" his Ki reserve to infuse himself with more innate abilities.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 19 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 58/62

Initiative: +4
Perception: +9 (+11 Studied Target(s), +12 Traps)
Sense Motive: +5 (+7 Studied Target(s))
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +8 Reflex: +10 Will: +4
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects, +3 Ref vs. traps)

Wakizashi: +10/+5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +8/+8/+3/+3, 1d6
Nunchaku: +6/+1, 1d6
Shuriken: +6/+1, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +2d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank), +2 Attack / dmg vs. Studied Target (move action or with sneak attack success, up to 2 targets), -2/+4 Power Attack

Conditions:Ioun Stone illumination, Dim light (20% concealment)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 9/10 remaining
CLW Wand charges: 39/50 remaining

Used: 15 days' rations[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Umthirn nods to Ru. "Why don't you duck out and check on our gnomish friend," he suggests. "'N mebbe watch that door. 'Cause if the baddies has another way out, they may try ta' sneak up on us." He sighs gratefully as Damaris waves the wand and another wound disappears.

[sblock=ooc]
I favor healing fully, or nearly so. The rolls you've already made amount to 4 rounds, plus a 5th for moving around. I'd rather give them 9 rounds of prep and go in fully healed than give them 5 and go off half-cocked.

2 healing rolls from the wand. (1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=9)

This puts Umthirn at 59 HP, which is good enough.

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock] I rather discuss the following tactics OOC. How do you want to go on with this then? The entrance is 5ft wide. Do you want to make a choke point or do we enter the area and risk being surrounded? Did he get a slight idea of how many other people were inside? 1-5? I would have Damaris sing as soon as you open the door. Is that ok? [/sblock]

Remove ads