[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Eh?" Ket says after hearing Frost's comment. "What did you say 'wave of terror'? I have felt that sometimes and others have been so scared, but of what they can't say, they just will not stay. Are you saying these miserable things did that?"

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio scowls, "Now that you mention it I did feel the tiniest tuggings of the meekest mildest apprehension for a moment - you are saying that frightened people off?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'm just saying it explains why some people were scarred by something nobody else saw and no matter what you did they remained that way for a short while. Only to become frightened out of the blue again later." Ket says pondering this new set of information. "But it doesn't explain the fire or those statues bleeding."

zGio

First Post
-Actually these creatures have minor magical abilities at will, such as Prestidigitation, and that could explain some of the things that have been seen in this home. Mites are also known for their affinity for vermin and their usage of giant ants as mounts, maybe us killing the two vermin provoked the small creatures to attack.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio snorts derisively, "Right we may as well spend the rest of the night tapping on walls to see if anymore of these vermin are lurking about. Do these holes lead anywhere?"

The noble peers into the panels looking for passageways, a large crawl space, or the like.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With knowledge of what they are up against the group changes tactics and takes the fight to the remaining mites living in Palazzo Dannato. It is truly a one-sided battle as the mites seem more interested in fleeing than fighting.

It is late when the group finally checks the last of the walls in the great house. Everyone is ready for a well deserved rest but with no beds they have to take to their bedrolls in a large open chamber. With watches set Ket brings up food from the dinner that was never finished and everyone enjoys the first peaceful night inside the home in a long time.

In the morning Mercendian enters the room as everyone is packing up their gear. "Ah I see everyone is still here, that is wonderful. So the home is not cursed after all or did you break it?" he asks eagerly.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry gang this was suppose to be a quick little adventure (3 encounters) so new characters had something to do. It seems that most players have stopped posting or have slowed. So I am jumping ahead. I do wish for a little RP so this officially won't end till SUN nite unless their is some heavy RPing going on. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Not cursed, try infested. You had little blue goblins in the walls, but they are now either dead or fled. We can show you the corpses. That a few giant ants, and - as you know - a troublesome table seems to be the extent of your problems." Raynucio says, looking up from where he sits polishing Capitas, the great scimitar resting across his lap.

"With the vermin gone this place should make an adequate abode I suppose."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn looks in wonder at the pasty giant. "I'm impressed, Ray! That was almost civil!" She turns to Mercendian, "It's as Raynucio says, nothing more than a little infestation of the fey. Once you fix the damage to the walls, you'll be ready to move in!"

Remove ads