[LPF] Precious Cargo

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to assume Tamarel will share his info on the bipeds as well: he can tell they're distantly related to kobolds, which you know speak Draconic. Doesn't mean they don't speak Common, but it would seem unusual given the circumstances.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos frowns as Tamarel shares his information and guesses on language.

"Was afraid of that. I'm a fair talker, but if you're right, I don't speak their language, which makes me no help on that score. Anybody here speak dragon-ese?"

[sblock=ooc]Glancing at sheets, it doesn't look like it, but Eanos wouldn't necessarily know that.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: Shield of Faith, AC now 19 (30/30 rounds)

In Hand: Compound Longbow.

Arrows: 20/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (3/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui shakes his head and totters forward, pulling on his shield and drawing his sword.

"Maui will speak to te worm and its kobolds and impress te stone!"

He shoulders past his companions calling "Come Taniwha, we have some talking to do"
Somewhat unsteadily he makes his way over the strange swirling surface towards the distant creatures.

"Hey Dragon's worms! Come here so we can have te friendly talk!" The tone of Maui's voice is not very friendly and the stabbing gesturing he makes with his blade doesn't help much either.

OOC: Apologies if this eliminates any chance of parley. This is about as diplomatic as Maui gets.
How long does Maui remain Shaken?
Move to I9, Taniwha called to heel at I8

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm going to wait for IronWolf/Fulgrim to post before I go IC again, but I did want to deliver the bad news that Fulgrim and Maui are shaken for the duration of their current visit to the Entropic Plane.

Frowny face, I know, but if it helps any, you'll be compensated for it.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim still does not feel himself in this weird place and seems quite unsure of himself. He stands his ground, letting those more versed in this realm take the lead though he keeps his hand near his axe handle should the need arise.

Qik

First Post
While the others hang back, either trying to figure out the best course of action or waiting for a consensus to form, Maui's proactiveness draws the attention of the entropic creatures. As he calls to them, brandishing his sword, they begin to speak to one another in a guttural dialect that no one in the group seems to recognize. The intent seems clear, however, when the pair hop forward and chuck a pair of stones at Maui from their slings; one of these finds its mark, leaving a small welt on the man's forehead.

As Maui rubs his head, he catches sight of the hitherto-unseeable voidworm, which speeds through the air and attempts to strike him with its tail; the man is able to dodge the attempted strike. Just then, a mist appears, enveloping Maui and Taniwha; another voidworm seems to be the source, although it's hard to say with the fog obscuring everyone's vision.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the potentially clunky text - it's getting to be my bed time. :yawn:

Maui suffers 1 damage from the sling attack. The one voidworm charges and misses, the other casts obscuring mist.

Please be sure to roll your concealment if you do hit. Also, I'd appreciate stat blocks from everyone now that we're in combat.

Pertinent Info:
Kobolds: AC 15; Voidworms: AC 19 (17 for Voidworm 1, since it just attempted a charge)[/sblock][sblock=Map]
entropic-plane3.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui growls and rubs the welt quickly forming on his head obviously angered.

"Now that's just rude! It shows it doesn't pay to be friendly!"

Clearly still not thinking straight Maui steps closer to the worm on his right and slashes at it with his scimitar, barking in his tribal language and spurring Taniwha into action, snapping and clawing at the other worm barely within reach.

[sblock=Actions] Hehe ... didn't give them much time to take my back on this one. Hehehe, but fully deserved!
Swift action: Handle Animal: Attack (now an auto success! Yay!)
Maui moves to J10; Taniwha moves to I9
Maui attacks with his scimitar; Taniwha makes a full attack

Can the worms be tripped? Bite hit first, so if I trip it the left claw has a chance of hitting (right?). But as I can imagine that a worm can't be tripped I haven't bothered to roll. Awaiting your judgement call! :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 18
HP: 21 Current: 20
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +5

Conditions: Shaken while in Entropic Plane: -2 to attacks, SThrows and skill checks

In Hand: Scimitar: +6; 1d8+4 (Crit: 18-29/x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Light, Virtue
1st: CLW x2, Obscuring Mist

Taniwha
AC: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 19 (23 vs Trip) Fort: +4 Reflex: +9 Will: +2

Conditions:

Bite: +8; 1d4+1 special: Trip
2x Claws: +8; 1d2+1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos swears as the mist rises. His grip on his bow tightens. His eyes dart about as he considers options, then finally he leans over to Fulgrim and whispers in his ear:

"Know it's been a rough transition, but listen, Issolatha's telling your feet the secrets of speed."

Indeed, despite his disorientation, Fulgrim can feel a charge of energy in his legs.

"Now, go show Maui how to bust in some heads, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Standard: cast Expeditious Retreat on Fulgrim. +30' move for 3 minutes[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
AC: 17 (19 w/ SoF)
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: Shield of Faith, AC now 19 (29/30 rounds)
(Fulgrim: Expeditious retreat 30/30 rounds)

In Hand: Compound Longbow.

Arrows: 20/20
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (2/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Between the unusual setting and the enveloping mist, Maui is too disoriented to get a clear shot at his foe. Taniwha fairs slightly better, managing to sink her teeth into the tiny worm.

[sblock=OOC]Apologies for forgetting to mention it, but the voidworms cannot be tripped.

Also, I realized this morning that as the voidworms are diminuitive creatures, they need to enter the square of the creatures they are attacking. So my bad on that, but it didn't have much of an effect this round.

Fulgrim and Tamarel/Sauvressa to act.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Apologies for forgetting to mention it, but the voidworms cannot be tripped.

Also, I realized this morning that as the voidworms are diminuitive creatures, they need to enter the square of the creatures they are attacking. So my bad on that, but it didn't have much of an effect this round.

Does that mean Maui got an AoO against his voidworm when it charged, before the obscuring mist and its concealment hit? Since Maui already effectively acted by moving previously, I'm assuming none of us were really flat-footed?[/sblock]

Remove ads