[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 2

Aura

Explorer
Crypt Battle Round 3

FiendishRat.jpg
… Waddle away ...

For whatever reason, the rats continue to be unwilling to engage. However, they don't seem to much like being shot at, so they start towards the back of the crypt. As the smaller one presses itself behind the table, Wahyu realizes they are just seeking cover and lets off a crossbow shot before the larger one can do the same with the altar. The shot goes wide, shortly after which the larger rat covers down behind the altar.

[sblock=combat]I am not so picky as to make a player with a readied action guess which square the monster is gonna move through. However, it's a bit vague on how tightly defined a readied action must be, so YMMV with other GM's. Sadly, it was still a miss.

As for other issues, Wahyu (and Wahyu only, please) may make a perception check.

Conditions of both sides are unchanged from Round 2:
Combatants
Rat1 AC=19 TouchAC=14 HP=9/9 +4 AC vs ranged
Rat2 AC=15 TouchAC=12 HP=4/7 +4 AC vs ranged
----------------------------
Hawk AC=19 HP=10/13 Condition:-1CON
Cruendithas AC=16 HP=8/10
Wahyu AC=16 HP=9/9

OK, so they are pretty big rats trying to hide behind the furniture. From your current position, they get a +4 AC to ranged attacks. Seeking better positions could reduce/eliminate that bonus. And you're all up.

Updated Map:
CryptLive.jpg
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

G

Guest 11456

Guest
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk moves closer to the rats but is prepared should they do the same.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to F-3 and holding action to attack if any rat comes within melee range.[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: -1 CON
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/6[/sblock]
 

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas moves forward with Hawk chanting and then with a throwing motion releases a blob of acid that misses its mark. "Like I said I can throw them all day long. What they hit is up to the roll of the dice."

[sblock]
activate Archaeologist's Luck
acid splash 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 16 (with shield/ Flat:15, Touch: 12)
HP: 10 current: 8
CMB: -1 / CMD: 10 Fort: +1 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler and torch in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

1st Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease

Archaeologist's Luck rounds/day: 2/6
[/sblock]
 


Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Wahyu] You notice a zone of magic in the crypt, starting about 15' away from you. The edge is roughly between columns G and H on the map. Hawk is standing in it.[/sblock]
 

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Something is not right here..." Wahyu muttered to himself as he reloaded his crossbow. Focusing, he opened his eyes and took another look...
[sblock=OOC]Move action to reload
Standard to cast Detect Magic at the area.[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
Crypt Battle Round 4

FiendishRat.jpg
… When Rats Attack …

Wahyu notices something is magically amiss and casts a spell. Almost as if called out, the rats lunge at Hawk, who defiantly holds her ground. Although ready, her swing goes a bit wide as the first (the larger) of the two gallops into position, biting viciously with teeth that are more suited to a pure carnivore than a rodent. The first rat is followed quickly by the second, smaller but still rather fearsome. Both lunge and snarl, but neither connect.

[sblock=Combat Round 4]OK, minor mistake on my part about Detect Magic not continuing past concentration (it is limited to concentration or 1m duration, whichever ends first). I'm going to ad lib a bit and say the rapidly fading detect spell left Wahyu sensitive to magical presences for a few rounds after, tipping him off to the presence of magic here. He casts the Detect Magic spell again and it pings in the direction of the battle. Starting in the next round, he can start learning specifics about the magic he detects, if he continues to concentrate. However, the rats finally engaged, so it's his call.

Hawk's readied attack was good (17), but not quite enough to hit the lead rat as they finally join battle. If only wimpy, wounded rats ran into combat first… ah well. BTW, I will accept pre-rolled AOO or readied attacks, just put them in a nested sblock with the result of the roll that I can open in the event they are triggered. (Although GM rolls definitely worked to the party favor when the rats tried to use swarm tactics in the Catacombs battle and lost 2 out of 3 swarming rats, but I understand the allure of rolling your own outcomes.)

Combatants:
Rat1 AC=19 TouchAC=14 HP=9/9
Rat2 AC=15 TouchAC=12 HP=4/7
----------------------------
Hawk AC=19 HP=10/13 Condition:-1CON
Cruendithas AC=16 HP=8/10
Wahyu AC=16 HP=9/9 Active: Detect Magic

Party is up! Updated map:
CryptLive.jpg
[/sblock]
 

G

Guest 11456

Guest
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Deciding to try and even out the playing field Hawk swings at the smaller rat hoping to kill it.

[sblock=Rolls]Attack roll vs Rat2: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
Damage roll: 1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10[/sblock]
[sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 19 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: -1 CON
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 3/6[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
The rat squeals in pain as Hawk's blade digs deep from shoulder to midsection, then collapses immediately after, leaving the heroes faces with only the largest of them.
 

BigB

First Post
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas is startled momentarily as the rats jump in motion and move toward Hawk. As he gets his wits about him he moves forward and quickly casts another blob of acid at the remaining rat and in his excited move he misjudges the distance and misses badly. "Oh boy that's a big one."


[sblock]
move to H4
activate Archaeologist's Luck
cast acid splash 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Cruendithas
Initiative +1
AC: 16 (with shield/ Flat:15, Touch: 12)
HP: 10 current: 8
CMB: -1 / CMD: 10 Fort: +1 / Ref: +3 / Will: +3
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Buckler and torch in off hand

Spell Like Abilities: Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Speak with Animals

0 Lvl Spells:
Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand

1st Lvl Spells: 2/2 per day
Cure Light Wounds, Grease

Archaeologist's Luck rounds/day:1/6
[/sblock]
 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top