log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Lindeloef

First Post
"Oh Charity, if you would be so kind, to take a look at this, does this look infected to you?" Robert asks after hearing the kind offer from Charity.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Cyclopean

First Post
"It ain't gonna look infected just yet," Tirgas says mildly as he attends to his wounded companion. "Charity or I'll clean it for ya, and keep an eye on it for the next few days for any redness, swelling, or oozing." When he finishes cleaning Topaz's wounds, he causes them to close with a mystical word and movement.

[sblock=Roll, ooc]Topaz is going to be Tirgas' first concern, but after she's taken care of he'll be happy to offer first aid to whoever needs it.
Cure light wounds: 1d8+2=7
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Setting down her glaive, Charity sits down and looks over Robert's leg. "Hmmmm... I'm more worried about their nasty diseased bite, but infection isn't good, either." She pulls out her healing kit and begins to clean and dress the wound. As she works, she suggests to Ru, "You can use my glaive for poking around the water there, if you like. Your choice."

[sblock=ooc]
Heal check at +5, +7 with healing kit bonus, against the save DC of the disease. Apparently I don't roll until Robert needs to make another fort check, if my roll is successful he gets a +4.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Ru nods.

"Can't really use a big stick like this in a fight, myself," he says as he sheathes his Wakizashi and picks up the glaive. His face sports a mischeivous grin as he adds, "But I've got plenty enough skill at poking things with one, so we'll give it a go."

The southerner moves to the water, then. He holds off using the glaive until it looks like the others are more or less done cleaning and dressing wounds, not wanting to poke anything into action while the others are unprepared.

Once they appear to be ready, he does as Charity suggests, testing carefully in the water with the polearm.

[sblock=ooc]Ru's down about 8 HP if there's healing available. If not, he'll make due. [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

First Post
Using her skills, Charity is able to clean and bandage the wounds. While she has done a good job, a visit to a temple for a professional inspection of the wounds may be in order before returning to the tavern.

Using Charity's polearm, Ru is able to poke and prod the water. It seems to be two to three feet deep, with a soft bottom. The rat swimming through it stirred up the sediment enough to make it murky, but so far nothing has grabbed the end of the glaive or otherwise indicated it is waiting in ambush at the bottom of the pool.
[sblock=Status]Yes, I will take the Heal checks into account when they get to the point for rolling the disease check. This one is luckily such a slow onset that it won't be a problem.
12/20 ~ AC 18 ~ Ru ~
17/22 ~ AC 16 ~ Robert failed save ~
16/16..~ AC 16 ~ Tirgas
23/26 ~ AC 16 ~ Topaz failed save ~
12/12.. ~ AC 11 ~ Dame Sienna Morrogrim ~
..6/6..~ AC 16 ~ Olkoi
14/14 ~ AC 16 ~ Charity
[/sblock][sblock=map]
[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
"Well, if there's anything down there, it doesn't like the taste of metal, at least. Thanks, Red," Ru says, returning the polearm and re-arming himself with his dual blades.

"Well, if we're patched up as much as folks are able and willing to patch, I think we've still got some critters to slice up."

[sblock=ooc]Certainly it was a poor choice on my part not to grab a potion on the way in, but if anyone does have any healing available, Ru could use it. He didn't level, so he didn't get the auto-HP bump the rest of the party just got. No worries if it's not available, but just thought I'd make a few puppy dog eyes about it. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim pulls a handkerchief and mirror from her pack. She cleans her face and inspects her hair in the mirror. Not the least satisfied with her appearance, she replaces the mirror and removes a small vial. Pulling the cork, she quickly drinks the liquid without a display that may seem improper.

[sblock=OOC]Drinks antiplague and stays next to Tirgas. [/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Well, if we're patched up as much as folks are able and willing to patch, I think we've still got some critters to slice up."

Healing kit still laid out for use, Charity looks squarely at the young southerner as he approaches to return her weapon. "Almost, seems you're forgetting someone with a nasty rat bite... Let's have a look."

[sblock=ooc]
Assuming Ru is amenable, Charity also cleans up his wounding and grants the chance at a +4 on his next fort save on the disease: +5 heal skill with +2 kit bonus on a deferred roll. Just in case the disease doesn't get magically fixed before next check.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0


Items not currently in possession: Torch (on ground), Chakram (on ground), Glaive (on ground)
Items depleted: Healing kit: 1 use
[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post
"Dame Morrogrim, I think you have missed a spot over there. But don't worry, you look fine. Even better if you stay next to Tirgas" Robert chuckles "On that matter, did you know, that some fish, I forgot what kind, seek more attractive ones so that predators attack them instead? I hope Tirgas has not the same thought process, I would keep an eye out for him. Maybe that's the reason he normally travels with Topaz..."
 

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ru won't object, but he actually made his original Fort save thanks to the antiplague, so he won't contract the disease from this bite. Feel free to save a charge on your healing kit if you like. I'm not sure if the characters are supposed to know that, mind, so I guess it's up to SK & Dewar if you need to burn the charge or if we can call "cleaning" in this case just fluff for consistency's sake[/sblock]


"Any excuse to get my clothes off, eh, Red?" Ru teases as he allows the paladin access to the wound. He flinches only once. "Sorry. Tickles a bit, that."

When everyone is set, he nods his head toward the pond.

"Alrighty, then. Everyone ready to get wet?"

[sblock]Planning the same strategy as before, I believe: Ru ranging about 10 ft ahead to try to catch structural flaws / traps before the others trip over them.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Satisfied that nobody is walking around with untreated wounds, the flame haired woman scoops up her healing kit, sliding it into her pack. Then gathering her torch and glaive, she nods her assent to proceed. "Chakram," she mutters, barely more than a whisper.

[sblock=ooc]
I mixed up who had the disease and who didn't. As noted, it's unclear as to whether Charity knows: she simply cleaned wounds on those who seemed to need it (had open wounds and were not being tended to.) The healing skill would also apply to diseased people whose wounds have been closed, although performing it would have a different description.

This all said, I won't get bent out of shape if the charge to my healing kit is 'wasted', although it would be nice if it wasn't.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (left) and Torch (right)
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0


Items not currently in possession: Chakram (on ground)
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]
 


Satin Knights

First Post
With everyone ready for the next skirmish, Ru heads across the water first. Looking around the bend, the next chamber is rather small but has a few feisty occupants. A skeleton in robes hangs from the back wall of the chamber. One arm and leg seem to be imbedded in the rock. In front of him, as if guarding, two more giant rats are waiting. One looks like his brothers that Ru just finished off, but the other has a crimson red coat of fur and a malevolent fire in his eyes.

[sblock=Combat round 1]Moving across the water is difficult terrain and costs you 10' to move 5'.
12/20 ~ AC 18 ~ Ru ~
17/22 ~ AC 16 ~ Robert failed save ~
16/16..~ AC 16 ~ Tirgas
23/26 ~ AC 16 ~ Topaz failed save ~
12/12.. ~ AC 11 ~ Dame Sienna Morrogrim ~
..6/6..~ AC 16 ~ Olkoi
14/14 ~ AC 16 ~ Charity


11/11 ~ AC 16 brother rat
??/?? ~ AC ?? crimson rat
??/?? ~ AC ?? Skeleton
[/sblock][sblock=map]
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Seeing Ru pause, Charity tromps through the pool, only to see them as well. "More rats," she calls out, dropping her torch, sliding in next to Ru and bringing her glaive to bear once more. As she studies the situation further, she gets a puzzled look on her face, "and... um... maybe something else."

[sblock=ooc]
Double move to bring Charity to U,-5, next to Ru. As a free action, drop torch into the partial square U,-6.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1


Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0


Items not currently in possession: Chakram (on ground), Torch (on ground)
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=Rule Question]What action does it take to sheath a weapon? I somehow cannot find an answer to that, I guess it is a move action. Can someone confirm this?[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Rule Question]It is a move action that provokes an attack of opportunity. It is on the table 8-2 on page 183 of the core rule book.[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=SK]Thanks, now I know, why i didn't find it. A typo ^^
sheathe not sheath. The more you know, and knowing is half the battle.[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]
As a move action I sheathe my greatsword. As a Free action I draw my short bow (quick draw). then I move to X/-3
[/sblock]

switching back to his crappy Short Bow Robert moves forward in the pond to see around the corner.
"Ah exactly what I always wanted... wet feet.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 17/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Short Bow


[/sblock]
 

jkason

First Post
Realizing the others are going to have to play catch-up to get around the bend, and unwilling to find himself pinned between the rats and whatever that nastiness is in and on the wall, the ninja hukers down, blades readied against more rodent incursions.

[sblock=ooc]Readying attack against anything getting close enough. Might be one hit for minimum damage. Sigh:

Readied action TWF attacks; damage vs. rats if they approach. (1d20+3=17, 1d6=1, 1d20+3=13, 1d6=1)[/sblock]


[sblock=mini stats]

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague


Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]
 


Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim groans, as she pulls up her dress to her ankles to wade through the water. She works her way around the edge of the pool and stations herself along the wall, next to Robert. She readies her new crossbow in preparation of the parties next move.

[sblock=ooc]Move to X-3.[/sblock]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top