Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Unable to determine if the pit was an intentional trap or a natural hazard, the young guard turns her attention to the issue of retrieving oak planks to bridge the pit. Producing two pitons and a hammer from her bag, she assists the group effort to pry them up and bring them back. Soon the planks are ready to be placed.

"Along the wall... shortest span... right side?" Charity asks, thinking out loud as much as asking the group.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Get ready, rats incom... oh wait no. Sorry false alarm. That are just rocks. My bad." Robert says embarresed. "The makeshift bridge locks good. Great work team!"

jkason

First Post
Ru makes sure anyone worried about steadiness has a rope attached, then crosses with the ends of the lines to the other side. He braces the first line as best he can, then nods.

"All right, kiddos. Mind the gap," he says.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The oak boards creak and bounce, but no cracking sounds come from the sturdy wood. The party makes it across the pit, but the bouncing boards do shift a lot.

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Peering into the gloom ahead, Charity waits for the rest of her compatriots to indicate they are ready to proceed further into the cave. Eyes scan walls, open spaces, and even upward, for signs of danger.

[sblock=ooc]
How high is the cave? Does torchlight reach the apex?
[/sblock]

Charity

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru frowns at the movement of the boards, but as no one needs to make use of the safety ropes, he's generally satisfied.

As the others are untying themselves and replacing their rope in their various packs, he checks on and adjusts the makeshift bridge, trying to configure it as best he can for their return.

"I'd say no one try running across this thing on the way back," he says, jabbing his thumb in the direction of the boards. "I'm not sure how steady it is. If we're really in that much trouble, I think we're better off trying to push whatever's after us into the pit than to bounce across and go tumbling in ourselves."

When everyone's ready, he moves into his forward scouting position again, blades at the ready and step light as he keeps an eye out for dangers from both the surrounding structure and the oversized fauna he's been warned about.

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3
Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
GM: ok, let go ahead and get a single perception check from all.

Charity can see that there is light to the top of the stalagtite covered ceiling. about 20 feet up. However given the covering and the movement of the light carriers the shoadows seem almost alive.

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim gingerly steps across the bridge. Her small bird flutters back and forth, hopping from one stalactite to the next, until Morrogrim completes her traverse. Once over, she smooths her dress and carefully looks around.

Perception:
Dame Morrogrim: 1d20+4[4,4] = (8)
Olkoi: 1d20+5[1,5] = (6)

Lindeloef

First Post
After everyone is on the side. Robert will follow over. On the other side, he stares around, though apparently doesn't see a damn thing.
OOC:
My Perception roll. So who wants to guess what I rolled? Exactly.
[sblock=roll]
Perception: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

[/sblock]

i hate the dice gods sooo much right now

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Muttering something incomprehensible under her breath, Charity seems at least somewhat comforted in the fact she can see the ceiling. Her green eyes search the shadows provided by flickering light for potential rats or hazards.

[sblock=ooc]
Perception check after crossing pit: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Charity is muttering in HaGruut here.
[/sblock]

Charity

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads