Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=SK]
Tried fixing the color. I can't see the difference--looks black either way, so I can't tell if it's any better. This happened before when I copy-pasted text, so I'm starting to suspect that is the problem.
In any case, apologies. I'm really unused to these message boards.
PS: I turned on Legacy so hopefully I won't make this mistake again.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cyclopean

First Post
Apologies, as always, for the delay...

Though Tirgas fails to hit the terrified rat, the enraged Topaz lands a savage bite.

[sblock=Rolls]
Tirgas misses: 1d20+1=8, 1d6+1=3

Topaz hits for four damage, probably fails grapple attempt:1d20+3=19, 1d3+2=4, 1d20+7=8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tirgas_the_Hermit_(Cyclopean)
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+1, 1d6+1, crit x4)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2 (Both used)

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities

Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Natural Weapons: Bite +3 (1d3+2, grab)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The last rat standing, seeing all its brothers who have fallen and critically wounded as well, scurries away and runs into the water. A second later it can be seen on the other side as it climbs out. More squeaking can be heard from around the bend.
[sblock=Round 5, Everybody is up]
,..-2/11 ~ AC 16 ~ ROUS 1 unconscious
...-2/11 ~ AC 16 ~ ROUS 2 unconscious
.-12/11 ~ AC 16 ~ ROUS 3 DEAD
...1/11 ~ AC 16-2 ~ ROUS 4 Full withdrawl, no AoOs
-13/11 ~ AC 16 ~ ROUS 5 DEAD and in 2 pieces

12/20 ~ AC 18 ~ Ru ~
7/12 ~ AC 16 ~ Robert failed save ~
..9/9..~ AC 16 ~ Tirgas
9/19 ~ AC 16 ~ Topaz failed save ~
..7/7.. ~ AC 11 ~ Dame Sienna Morrogrim ~
..3/3..~ AC 16 ~ Olkoi
14/14 ~ AC 16 ~ Charity
[/sblock][sblock=map]
ROUS_Cave_2.9.png
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru runs to the edge of the water, dropping one of his blades and quickly throwing a shuriken at the retreating rat, but the swearing under his breath makes it clear the projectile went nowhere.

"Since when did rats get sense?" he says with a sigh. "Ruins all the fun when they know when to quit."

He turns to the others.

"I'm guessing we don't get paid if there's still any of those things left? I guess that means we have to follow. I don't suppose any of you have a heal stick you could apply to this scratch?" he says, pointing to the bloody bite on his flank.

[sblock=ooc]Move to S,-1.
Free: drop on Wakizashi
Standard: Shuriken. Worth a shot, but a failed shot, le sigh:

Shuriken attack; damage (1d20+5=10, 1d2=1)

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x1 (Other Wakizashi dropped next to him in S,-1)

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Taking slow but practiced strides, Red pursues the rat, drawing a chakram off her belt. With an overhand pitch, she throws it towards the rat as it tries to slip into the gloom, illuminated by Ru's sunrod.

[sblock=ooc]
Charity moves 4 squares to U2, a maximum move. This puts her 6 to target, still short range. She is carrying the glaive in her left hand.

Round 5 Chakram throw on ROUS 4: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6

That would be just barely sufficient for a hit (6 damage), but any cover modifier would cause it to miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Squeak, Ting, Tang, walla walla ... and the chakram comes to rest against the far wall. Having hit her mark, Charity has downed the last rat in view. It lies there quickly bleeding out like the other unfortunate rodents.

A shallow pool of water fills the passage going west. More squeaking noises can be heard echoing from past the water and to the north.
[sblock=ooc]Scott's recovery is going to be a bit more taxing on him than he expected, so he asked me to finish up the adventure for him.

Good news: You survived first level! Robert, Tirgas and Dame Morrogrim leveled on September 4th. Now that combat is over, you can do your wiki page updates and then submit them for approval in the Character Level Ups thread. I will be carrying on with the game and not delay until the approvals are done. Details for XP are in the third post of this thread. You gain the hit points and spell slots. If you memorize spells, the slots are just sitting open and you need to take time to do your memorization. [/sblock][sblock=map]
ROUS_Cave_3.0.png
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Nice throw, Charity. Hope you can repeat that, it seems there are more rats down that way." Robert congratulates Charity, while inspect the spot, where the damn rat bit him.

[sblock=Yay]Yay level 2.[/sblock]

Edit:
After that, Robert picks up his short bow, that he dropped.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
"Nice shot, Red!" Ru says with a wide grin. He gives her a thumbs up, then picks his blade back up off the ground. "Now, let's just make sure none of these little furballs aren't just sleeping this off."

He crosses back up to the bulk of the rats, and methodically applies his twin blades to each to ensure its demise. When he's satisfied each of the creatures is dead, he turns back to the others

"Unfortunately, sounds like these weren't the last of them. Knew I should have gotten a heal stick on my way over. I forget how nasty these bites can get."

He gives the bodies a cursory check, though he doesn't expect to find anything. Still, it never hurt to look for shiny things, he thought.

Finally, he pointed back down toward the water. "Since I figure we'll have to ford it sooner or later, I'll see if I can check the water for hidden nasties while you lot get sorted, k?"

[sblock=ooc]He's not getting in, mind, but trying to get a sense of the depth of the water, and if there are any creepy crawlies in it.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Heaving a sigh of relief, the young woman walks to where she left her torch. Seeing Robert inspecting his wound, she suggests, "Hunh. We should have all the wounds cleaned out. I have a healing kit for anyone lacking in clean dressing for their wounds, and I can help with anyone who doesn't feel comfortable doing it themselves."

Charity looks over her shoulder towards the water, "And... we should post a sentry. I heard more chittering across the pond."

[sblock=ooc]
Depending on how people respond to the issue of cleaning wounds, Charity may end up checking out the pool of water before Ru. If she gets into cleaning wounds herself, she'd suggest her glaive as a tool for probing the water to anyone wishing to check it out themselves.

What I'm seeing in the main book, by making a roll equal to the DC of the disease, someone with heal skill can grant a +4 competence bonus to the victim's next disease fortitude save. Using the heal kit will grant the healer an additional +2 on the heal check. I'll just need to know how many times it gets used. Oh, and apparently, the heal check is not rolled until it is time for the fort save.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: Chakram (on ground), Torch (on ground)
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads