Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Tirgas brightens as his earlier benefactor enters the room. "I believe there was one other, a burly gentleman whose name I do not know. And technically, I believe giant rats would be animals rather than vermin . . ." Tirgas trails off as he attempts to recall anything else he knows about dog-sized rats.

[sblock]Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+6=25 [/sblock]

[SBLOCK=Knowledge nature check]You know that the bite of a rat can cause the spread of disease; sometimes normal rats will attack enmass, blunt weapons are more effective when this happens; they are darn good swimmers and climbers. You know that just as locus are vermin to a farmer, rats are referred to as vermin for their appetite for grain! but you are right, they are animals according to the sages.[/sblock]

Cyclopean

First Post
The urgent pleadings of Sargent Marteen return Tirgas' focus to the matter at hand. "Please, tell us how we can get to this warehouse."
Facing his companions again, he advises them: "try not to get bitten, or there's a good chance you'll end up with a nasty infection." He pauses. "We may also want to arm ourselves with clubs. If there's a few giant rats, there may also be packs of little ones, and it'll be good to have something solid to hit 'em with if they swarm us."

OOC: Just sharing information from the Knowledge Nature check. Tirgas may not be very well educated, but he tends to go off whenever he does know something. And he can be pretty pedantic about stuff like the differences between animals and vermin.:)

Scott, is @stanleyindraven still with us?

Lindeloef

First Post
Turning to Robert, he says "So you're a ranger, eh? A fellow man of the wilderness?"

OOC: fixed the name

"Yes indeed. Nice to meet you Tirgas" Robert says.

"Hmm did the watchman told us, if that grotto is already a storage place for wine? Or is it empty... except for the rats? 'cause if there is already wine in it, we should be a bit more carefull not to break anything of value."

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"No worries Mr. Watchman, what was your name? But I think at least Morgrymm and me will take a good look at your friend's rodent problem." Robert replies.

" aye brother, you got that right " and Morgrym puts on his most confident pose that practically screams; We got this

"What? I have not told you my name!? I am Sargent Marteen de Santo Luce of the whitecloaks! I most humbly apologize! I was so worried about my friend's workers!"

He bows very low, and yes indeed - He wears a White cloak with the Venzin standard emblazoned in black on his chest over the left shoulder.
Deliberately Morgrym comments " yes, yes Mr. Watchman "

"Well, Sargent, I suppose we can take some comfort we will not have to endure the sewers." Dame Morrogrim says as she turns to meet two humans talking behind her. "And yes, I did have a fine meal, at least what I was allowed to enjoy. And you are...Robert, if I recall and by your appearance, a Ranger, if I am not mistaken? So, Morgrym and Robert, do we have anyone else?"
Tirgas brightens as his earlier benefactor enters the room. "I believe there was one other, a burly gentleman whose name I do not know. And technically, I believe giant rats would be animals rather than vermin . . ." Tirgas trails off as he attempts to recall anything else he knows about dog-sized rats.

" see, she is impressed. I think its love at first bite ! " he whispers to Robert, completely misunderstanding what she said. Returning to the matter at hand, he contemplates Tirgas knowledge about rats which sends a chill down the alchemists spine. " ... its probably just big ugly dogs " he keeps repeating.

OOC: fixed the name

"Yes indeed. Nice to meet you Tirgas" Robert says.

"Hmm did the watchman told us, if that grotto is already a storage place for wine? Or is it empty... except for the rats? 'cause if there is already wine in it, we should be a bit more carefull not to break anything of value."

Looking at his bombs, the alchemist just grins at the notion of being careful with his explosives " We must do whatever it takes to save the poor man from these rat-dogs, but I agree. We should definitely protect the wine from these creatures, by drinking every cask we find undamaged. At least this way, we know it did not go to waste " ​and he straps his backpack tightly to his back. " now, shall we get going ?! "

Lindeloef

First Post
"I'm all in favor to get this job done. And assuming from his facial expression, Sargent Luce would be more than happy for us to finally help his friend." Robert replies to Morgrymm.

"So off to some rat whacking? That reminds me of a small town, where they once a year in spring drive snakes to the town square and then bash them to death with clubs. Was it the town square or a field, don't quite remember."

Grayn

First Post
"Tirgas, I see the cards didn't reveal our continued companionship." Dame Morrogrim said to the dwarf with a hint of a smile. "I am glad to see you along, none the less."

"Sargent, what district did you say the warehouse is in?" she continues, turning to the Sargent. "And this Gerroldo Fresconi..." She pauses to ponder the name for a moment.

[sblock=Roll]Knowledge: Hiistory = 1d20+8=22
Knowledge: Nobility = 1d20+5=10

She is trying to remember any historical knowledge of the area or the person that may be useful.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Roll]Knowledge: Hiistory = 1d20+8=22
Knowledge: Nobility = 1d20+5=10

She is trying to remember any historical knowledge of the area or the person that may be useful.
[/sblock]

"Excuse me a moment."

The Sargent leaves and returns shortly with the paper he posted in the common room.

"Here are the directions. His family and mine are friends from back a ways"

The knowledge checks reveal nothing he is not nobility, there is no historical influences of that family name.

"The area is still under construction I am told, so you won't have to be too gentle in battle. If thereb are no other questions I can answer, then I must be back to duty."

Grayn

First Post
"Well then, gentlemen, I agree, I think it is time to remove this rat problem." she says as she tightens the straps of her pack to her back.

Turning towards the door on her heels, she she lifts the edge of her heavy scarf and taps the floorboards with her cane. The small bird that was sitting in the rafters, flies down and hides within the deep folds of the scarf. She walks out of the room and to the door of the inn, where she pauses to adjust her cuffs, apparently waiting for her group.

Cyclopean

First Post
Tirgas frowns at Robert's story, although he says nothing in response. He is removed from his brooding by the sight of Dame Morrogrim apparently summoning the thrush. He maintains his silence as he departs with the rest of the group, although he keeps glancing at the scarf the bird vanished into. It is clear to any watching him that he is barely restraining his curiosity.

Remove ads