Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The elevator moves down.

The shaft is lined with oak planks, the smell of fresh cut timber strong still, the lift is made of some sort of dark colored wood, the rope made of expensive silk. The pulleys are so new, they hardly have a squeak.

GM: more to come

*continued:*

"Youz gize jus call fer marcos, dats me, when yuze needin to be pulled up." The big guy calls from above. "You gits dem rats fer me, 'K?"

The party of intrepid rat exterminators traverse the hall of partially chewed oak paneling of the wine cellar, noting the rodent offal, heavily chewed fine wood paneling and rat footprints everywhere. The presence of battle seems . . . . . off. There is blood and fur everywhere, but the bodies of the dead rats from the swarm are missing.

Dame Morrowgrim's skin still crawls f the stench of rats and unwashed dwarf.

[/gm]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Marcos' voice rolls down the shaft as Charity labors with her flint and steel. She tilts her head back and yells back up the shaft, "Will do, Marcos!" Moments later, the spark finally catches and the torch roars to life.

Coming onto the battle scene, she casually waves the torch side to side as she walks, Glaive in her left hand. "Hunh, blood and fur..."

[sblock=ooc]
Charity doesn't know much about the situation, so she's focusing more on keeping lookout for rats than determining what happened in the battle scene.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru gives the dwarf a brief chuckle and a nod as the group descends. In the basement, though, he turns his senses to the matter at hand. He points to the blood and fur with the tip of one sword.

"You said you killed several of these things?" he says. "Are we sure they were dead? I suppose it's always possible the rats ate their own, or ..."

He groans and rolls his eyes as a thought occurs to him. Then he shakes his head and continues, though he seems to be trying to convince himself of his words.

"Cannibals. We're going with cannibal rats. We're not going to think about undead rats, because two nasty things most assuredly do not go well together."

[sblock=ooc]Perception to try to assess what happened, I suppose. Ru has no ranks in Survival yet, and none in Know: Nature, so generic "what does he notice" is the best I've got at present:

Perception (1d20+5=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 1/1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
"Ugh...lets just get moving into the cavern. I don't want to be down here any longer then we absolutely have to."

Dame Morrogrim shudders and walks towards the entrance of the cave, watching out for any indications of the swarm.

Perception:
Morrogrim: 1d20+4=19
Olkoi: 1d20+5=22

Scott DeWar

[sblock=dm's maniacal giggling] oh goody goody goody![/sblock]

perception 10 plus: distant echoing of hissing and growling can be heard from the cave area. It is reminiscent of the sounds from the dog sized rats that were last seen running across he egg shell thin floor over the concealed hole in the floor.

The Job seems to beckon to the party from within the cave .. .. .. .. ..

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Blade forward in the direction of the sound, Charity surveys the floor leading in the direction of the rats, concerned about collapses similar to the one that hurt the group's previous compatriot.

Perception check for rats and false floors: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

Charity

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive and Torch
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru's generally cocksure attitude seems to falter a moment as he catches the sounds of hissing and growling. He sheathes one of his exotic blades, drawing two vials from his belt pouch.

The first, a milky white tonic, he swigs back quickly, scrunching up his face at the taste. He shakes it off, however, and holds forth the second vial. He bites his bottom lip, his eyes narrowing as, With focused care, he spreads the thick, syrupy substance along the blade edge. He holds the blade forward, studying it in the direct light of the sunrod, then nods, apparently satisfied.

Discarding both vials, Ru draws his second blade again, his attitude apparently having returned. He shifts to the front of the group with a surprisingly light step. When he's determined everyone is ready, he ranges ahead about 10 feet from the group, keeping an eye out for structural weaknesses.

"All right then," he mutters, "Let's go play cat, shall we?"

[sblock=ooc]Seems like as good a time as any for Ru to take his antiplague. +5 Fort vs. diseases (like, say, filth fever) for the next hour).

Also, he's applying poison to one of his blades. Giant Wasp Poison to be exact. Ru has the Poison Use class feature, so he doesn't risk poisoning himself with it.

Then, as above, moving forward carefully, trying to keep an eye out for pitfalls. Do you want me to keep making Perception checks, or would you prefer to make them in secret? Ru has a +5 on Perception if you decide on the latter[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

GM: I will be making trap checks in secret, FYI to all. If there is an area that you suspect has a trap, let me know the are, what your mod is and I will secretly roll it.

Cherity sees some minor drag marks that seem to leak mostly toward the hole in the wall to the cave complex.

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

"Look at this, guys," Charity points out quietly, a bit of waver in her voice. The flame haired woman illuminates the drag marks with her torch before following Ru, about 10 feet behind.

[sblock=Scott]
1) Are we out of the wooden floored area?
2) I'm perfectly happy letting you roll... whatever it is.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I probably shouldn't do too much more without a chance for others to interact.
[/sblock]

Charity

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Redacted Text]
Since nobody else has posted yet, I'm doing an overall edit/cleanup. I hope that's ok. I'll preserve all my stumblings here:
"What about this, guys?" Charity asks quietly, a bit of waver in her voice.

The flame haired woman steps towards the hole in the wall slowly. Leading with her torch, Charity illuminates it from different angles, glaive in her other hand.

I wasn't thinking 'trap', but rather some sort of natural sinkhole, so I thought it might be a perception roll.
Oh... I was thinking false floors. I lost track of my own train of thought.
Annndddd I didn't understand what Ru was doing, so Charity's action seems strange. Sorry. Not a good start. I guess she's kinda falling in behind and also helping keep things lit. At least 10 feet behind, like he says, is fine.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads