Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
perception: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

OOC: or not ^^ I totally forgot that the dice hate me

edit: did a short research on my dice results. Yep half of my rolls were either below 8 or a miss. Good thing we got 2 new players to roll good ^^ But at least I am good at Initiative rolls *thumbs up*
ah, these dice are so much my friend .. .. ..
Tirgas briefly bends down to examine the scene before moving through the passage with Topaz.

"Ay, rats'll eat just about anything that doesn't fight back too much. I reckon it's the big ones that ate the rats we killed, since there aren't any bones. As for the trail, I believe we made that pulling our friend to the elevator. Poor Lad."

[sblock=ooc, rolls]It occurred to me that I could reasonably make another roll to identify and know things about the dire rats after fighting with them. I then got a 26 on that roll :D.
Knowledge (Nature):: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
So, DM, can I essentially just check out the bestiary entry?

Perception:: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

Perception (Topaz): 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

again, sorry for the low amount of posting. I should do better now that all my IRL campaigns have wrapped up for the summer.
[/sblock]
That high of a roll, yes

Ru turns the direction Robert indicates, slowing as he approaches the edge of the large hole. He cocks his head to one side, then turns to assess the others, especially Charity in her heavy armor.

"Unless someone has a better way to bridge this thing," he says, glancing around to see if there are any large pieces of lumber which might fit the bill, "Looks like we're going to have to jump this. I don't think it'll be a problem for me, but some you lot with the heavy metal might not be so easy.

"Does one of you have rope? I can take one end across, tie it to one of the support beams. Then if someone misses, it's just an embarrassing few minutes of hauling on a rope, rather than a full on rescue mission."

[sblock=ooc]
As above, first looking to see if there's a way to bridge the hole. If not, jump across with the rope and try to tie it off / brace it so others can get across.

Ru has a +9 in Acrobatics. If I'm reading the map right, there are a couple of spots where the hole is only 10 feet wide, so he'd auto-succeed the Acro to jump check.[/sblock]

hint to all: heavy ok paneling in the hall way, perhaps?

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"Yeah, Ru... I have silk rope, couple pitons, and a hammer," comes a quiet reply, as Charity eyes up the hole in the floor with some concern. Stepping to the edge of the hole, she runs examines the lip and the material that fell into the hole when it gave way.

[sblock=OOC]
Trying to confirm the suspicions that the pit was a man-made trap and not a natural flaw in the floor. I have no particular skill such as engineering, so i'm looking for giveaway indicators, like materials not consistent with a cave environment.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left) and Torch(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0
[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim stands erect with a hand to her mouth. She silently gags as Tirgas talks about the cannibalistic tendencies of the rats, the blood draining from her face. The only assistance she can give comes in quiet, disgusted groans and her internal fight to not faint.

jkason

First Post
Tirgas strokes his beard. "We couldn't use the wood on the walls further back, could we?"

Ru shrugs, considering. "I suppose if the boss puts up a fuss, we can always blame it on the rats," he says, sheathing his blades. "Anyone have anything that's good for tearing down panelling? My blades cost a bit to maintain, so I'd rather not go knicking the edges."

At the mention of pitons, Ru points to Charity. "Ah, even so, Red. We ought to be able to get a pry point set up, then see if we can't manage a bridge. "

[sblock=ooc]If it won't take an ungodly amount of time, I'd say a makeshift bridge might be a better bet. We can still tie folks off in case they lose their balance or something.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3
Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

=== Charity, Human Female ===
View attachment 58532

"Yeah, Ru... I have silk rope, couple pitons, and a hammer," comes a quiet reply, as Charity eyes up the hole in the floor with some concern. Stepping to the edge of the hole, she runs examines the lip and the material that fell into the hole when it gave way.

[sblock=OOC]
Trying to confirm the suspicions that the pit was a man-made trap and not a natural flaw in the floor. I have no particular skill such as engineering, so i'm looking for giveaway indicators, like materials not consistent with a cave environment.
[/sblock]

It looks to be limestone on the pit floor. No wood or stone of a different color or type other then what you see in the pit.

Scott DeWar

Dame Morrogrim stands erect with a hand to her mouth. She silently gags as Tirgas talks about the cannibalistic tendencies of the rats, the blood draining from her face. The only assistance she can give comes in quiet, disgusted groans and her internal fight to not faint.

GM: in case I forget, I love the RP of this group

jkason

First Post
With a goodly swath of self-initiated destruction done to their employer's wall, Ru does his best to lay out the good boards so his compatriots can cross without jumping, calling on the strength and skill of the others to help him.

"I was always better at breaking things than building them," he says with a smirk. "And this one we want to last at least long enough to get to the other side. We should probably still make use of the rope, though. I'd hate for vertigo or poor craftsmanship to send someone crashing down,"

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 20/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)
Giant Wasp Poison (1 blade). DC 18 Fort save 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 Dex damage per failure. Cure: 1 save

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour
Giant Wasp Poison: First Wakizashi hit vs. enemy

In Hand: Wakizashi x2

Ki Pool: 3/3
Shuriken: 10/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Regaining her composure, Dame Morrogrim reaches into her pack and pulls out a coil of silk rope. She walks over and hands it to Ru.

"If you think it will help, please take my rope." she says.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases