[LPF] Ryall's Estate

Qik

First Post
Good luck with the move, jbear. I recently moved from the UK back to the US, and that was (and continues to be) a pain - I hope yours goes as smoothly as could be hoped! It seems like there'll be an adventure coming our way soon enough, so I'll PM you once I have word on it.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I think I'll burn a DMC point to get Kazanto over that hurdle. Then she'll actually have fire.

You did a fine job, jkason! GMing isn't an easy job, and it takes a certain balance of planning and going with the flow (i.e. winging it). Be proud, you performed well here.

jkason

First Post
Thanks, guys, for the kind words. I think it wasn't a disaster, which was largely all I was after. Probably be a while before I undertake DMing again, but probably good I've at least tried it once. :)

[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION], I just remembered that Daylily started out in a different adventure, and by my estimation spent 19 days (April 21 - May 10) as part of Howling Night. You might be due time XP from that, though you'll probably want to ask the judges. I'm afraid it doesn't help Quioan or Relic, but Daylily and Kazanto would then both be 2nd level.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] Looks to me like Daylily had 18 interesting days in Howling Night and you certainly deserve the (admittedly small) amount of xp for your time there.

18 days at 7xp for a 1st level pc = 126 xp

Jkason, not a problem. :)

jbear

First Post
Just thinking on the fairly miserable amount of xp both me and Qik are short to get to 2nd lvl and also wanting to clear up a doubt that i have about the rules of the system.

Under Pathfinder there is no bonus xp when PCs successfully complete a quest (Quest XP)?

Not even enough to bump us over to 2nd level?

Anyway, just a question and it's not even really a very big issue either way. I just suddenly remembered that when I played 3.5 computer games and such, PCs did gain XP from quests completed. Perhaps my memory is just fuzzy, and this feature may have been specific to computer games, and even if it weren't it may not have carried over to Pathfinder. And ... hehehe... even if it did the time XP could easily replace this quest xp.

:) Seems like of talked myself out of my own suggestion!

jkason

First Post
I'm afraid there's no quest reward mechanic that I know of. I would have assumed HolyMan would have mentioned it to me when he was approving the adventure if there was, though we could both be unaware of it.

I really do feel bad that you guys are so close to your next level. If I'd done the XP calculations before I told you all it was over, I probably would have trumped up a verbal kerfuffle for you with Parsons or Caan, but I'd already sent you on your way before I realized it. :(

I feel especially bad since the reason I entertained the notion to try DMing was because my own LPF character had finished an adventure just shy of leveling. I realized having some DM credits available might help me do what IVV just did for Kazanto, compensating for such unfortunate timing.

If it's any consolation, over in Living 4th Edition, I had a character finish an adventure literally 9 XP short of gaining a level, so I definitely feel your pain.

It seems to me that most adventures, though, start with at least a few days of party introductioning / setup, so you might be able to petition your DM / adventure judge to allow for an early time xp award. It doesn't seem especially abusive a request to me.

Remove ads