[LPF] Ryall's Estate

jbear

First Post
Relic picks up Caans bow and unslings the quiver from his shoulder. He offers it to Quioan.

"I imagine this is worth something to you, Master Scorchsong. Why don't you use your magic and keen eyesight to check our thief for anything of worth while Caan explains why he murdered the two farmers he robbed. And then perhaps Signor Gabbiano wishes to explain to Daylilly how he intends to reciprocate the evidently incredibly valuable ...honour we have bestowed upon him today... And when he does so, might I remind you Signor Gabbiano, you stand in the presence of two apprentices of the Art and a seaborn elementalist. You can probably imagine what such an artifact might have done for our ... studies."

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Smiling at the old dog's jibe's Quioan accepts the bow and inspects it, then searches their prisoner for anything else of interest.

OOC: I'll try detect magic as well, though I'm not sure I'll be able to see anything with the wand o' magical radiance.

Systole

First Post
Daylily is speechless for a moment, then laughs heartily, slapping his thigh. "Ha! I am surprise to find rage of the Stonefather in the womans of these land. Maybe there is hope for you eastern peoples after alls."

While everything else is going on, Daylily wanders into the house briefly, to see what all this fuss has been about. He is clearly unimpressed, and simply rolls his eyes at the silly things that civilized folk seem to care about. He wanders back out not long afterwards, waiting for either Gabanyo or the beef willy to execute Caan and have done with it.

OOC: Quick Perception check. Feel free to knock off any appropriate modifiers, either due to his background or his disinterest.

jkason

First Post
GM: Qik: "wand o' magical radiance." Love it. :)

Systole: Daylily doesn't find anything else of value in the house.

Caan is studiously unresponsive until Relic picks up his bow, at which point he becomes positively livid.

"Keep you hands off my bow, you old fool, or I'll strangle you with the bowstring when I get out of here!" he yells. He appears ready to say more, but as the guards level their swords closer to his neck, he swallows further threats, though he glares daggers in Relic's direction.

"Your bow?" Umberto says. "That bow was gifted to you on appointment to our household. You kept that, this house, this plot of land, and a rather sizeable severance, Niam. You could have lived more than comfortably, if you hadn't been so inclined to ludicrous excess." Here the noble gestures to the blood-covered gold collars Relic holds.

"I didn't want comfortable, you soft sod," Caan spits back. "I had a grand standard of living, back before you went and ruined your house. I was gonna get back to that. Woulda been a lot closer, too, if it didn't take me so long to get that wand working each time."

Gabbiano tenses at the wand's repeated mention, and again as Relic brings attention to the artifact. His eyes seem to take in the audience, and he halts his exchange with the prisoner to respond to the party. By this point, careful to angle himself to try to block out as much of the artifact's aura as possible, Quioan has reinstated his mystic vision, and turns it to Niam Caan. There is a very faint aura of conjuration magics coming from a pocket in his cloak. Quioan believes it's of the healing subschool. But everything else on Caan appears to be mundane.

"Of course I'll do what I can to show you all our gratitude for your service to justice and my house. Finia, you have the funds, yes?"

The elven attendant nods, sparing Daylily only the briefest glare at his unexpected appreciation of her display of temper. She unshoulders her pack and drops it to the ground, where it jingles noticeably.

"Master Gabbiano feels that Niam Caan's actions have made forfeit his claim to any possessions. As previously agreed, you're free to take any of his gear which you find of use. Furthermore, my lord is prepared to buy any items for which you have no use at their purchase value."

Gabbiano interrupts here to add, "This would of course include Caan's gaudy choice in animal collars. I can't imagine you'd have much use for gold collars with my house's seal. I mean, they only make for odd questions, and we don't need those, do we?"

Caan opens his mouth to shout down the noble's gifting of his property, but Commander Parsons grabs the man by the throat.

"I work within the law, Caan. I want your judgement handed down by the Venzan courts for every other scofflaw to see, but I am still well within my rights to kill you now as a threat to a noble of the city. You speak again only when spoken to, or you never speak again. Understood?"

"Understood," the woodsman mutters, fuming silently.

Finia waits a moment, looking from Gabbiano to Caan to Parsons, making sure no one else is going to interrupt, before continuing:

"In addition, my lord is prepared to reward you with some 300 platinum pieces as a show of his undying gratitude." She raises an eyebrow as she looks to Relic. "One trusts such a reward would allow significant academic advancement?"

GM: FYI, the sum above includes your time-based gold, since we're nearing the end of things. I'll break all that down when we're done, but didn't want folks figuring time gold on top of that amount and then being disappointed.

At this point, I think it's all about whatever kind of wrap-up RP you're interested in, guys. If you have more interrogating you'd like to do of Caan, or questions you have for any of the other NPC's, have at. Caan's gear is as follows, and as Finia says, you're welcome to sell any of it to Gabbiano for the price of buying it. He'll also convert your gems and collars and whatnot into real money. :) :

* Potion of cure light wounds (1)
* MW studded leather armor
* Masterwork composite longbow (str +1) with 19 arrows
* Scimitar
* Silent whistle

jbear

First Post
"That sounds more than reasonable Commander. And we hope that not only Signor Gabbiano will remember us and our deeds this day, and hold us in good light in the future should we need a friend. And if you need help to resolve any other delicate mattersor hear from others in need, we pray that you think of us.

We would indeed also like to exchange these golden collars, as you say, they are of no use to us. And if you offer us the proper market value of these gems, we would also exchange them.

May the Wind blow favourably for you Signor Gabbiano."

Systole

First Post
OOC: Daylily would be sort of interested in the MW studded leather, but I'm going to take him down to Pearl and try to find some hide armor for him, so it's not a huge deal. I'll take the CLW potion if no one else wants, (and someone wants to explain what it does) but it's not a big deal there, either. Honestly, I find it hard to imagine he'd ever take the time to drink it.

Also, how do we handle use of consumables like the barbarian chew and the sling stone? Are there directions written down somewhere about that?

Daylily pokes at the suit of masterwork armor. "Hmm ... is talls for me." He scratches idly at the stained, grubby, and generally abused leather of his own suit, lost in thought. "Is not have proper seasoning, either. But that could be fix."

When the conversation turns to the gold collars, he remarks, "You city mans ... always you are acting strange for these yellow metals, but yellow metals does not making good blade, only good sling-stone." He shakes his head, once again exasperated by the priorities of civilized folk. "I am have many sling-stone already. Gabanyo can keeping the yellow metals."

jkason

First Post
OOC: Also, how do we handle use of consumables like the barbarian chew and the sling stone? Are there directions written down somewhere about that?

GM: I've been trying to keep track myself. I have Quioan down 6 arrows, for example, though I managed to not note Daylily's used stone. Basically, you should just update your sheet with the proper amount. I'm not sure how tightly the judges are tracking finances, but it probably wouldn't hurt to add a note somewhere on the sheet that you used them. Either creating a new segment for buying / selling, or adding it to an existing field (level ups or finances). I don't think there's an official strategy for tracking that kind of thing.

Qik

First Post
OOC: I'm fine on the gear - I'll probably just take the cash. Beyond that, I'm probably ready to wind things down, maybe head back to the DWI to RP a bit until our next adventure. I'd like to have a bit of time to work on level up before our next outing. I'm probably going to create a "consumables" section on my sheet to keep track of things like arrows.

Thanking Signour Gabbiano for his compensatory generosity, Quioan begins to prepare for the walk back to Venza. "One last question before we part, Caan - why did you see fit to kill Ryall and Roug?"

jkason

First Post
Thanking Signour Gabbiano for his compensatory generosity, Quioan begins to prepare for the walk back to Venza. "One last question before we part, Caan - why did you see fit to kill Ryall and Roug?"

Caan sneers at Quioan. "They're dead, are they?" he says coyly. "Hm. Ran this scam on loads of pigeons, not any of the others is worse off than the money they lost. But then, a good bird knows better than to go hunting the snake who robbed its nest, doesn't it?"

Qik

First Post
Feeling anger rise in his chest at the man's callousness, Quioan spit in the his face before he could even think on his actions. "Laugh all you want, woodsman; be thankful the commander here got his hands on you before Daylily did. Otherwise, you'd be no better off than your former pets." Turning to the others, Quioan gestured towards Venza. "Come on, all - let's go get ourselves a well-deserved pint at the Dunn Wright."

Remove ads