[LPF] Ryall's Estate

Qik

First Post
OOC: Well, at least it wasn't an obvious rule that I missed out on. I had done some checking on it myself (admittedly not too thoroughly), and hadn't seen anything suggesting it was a problem, which is why I'd gone ahead with it.

Feeling the slight surge of pride as his arrow finally hits home, Quioan runs towards the absurdly sleeping woodsman, kneels down beside him, and pulls out his length of silk rope.

OOC: Okay, another first for me: do I have to make any checks to bind him? Feel free to roll for me if so (though I'm happy to do it myself, and if someone is better stat'd to tie him up, then they should do it).

Systole

First Post
OOC: Escape Artist

Ropes/Bindings
The DC of your Escape Artist check is equal to the binder’s combat maneuver bonus +20.

Daylily's slightly better stated to tie him up, but Jiragans tend to believe in frontier justice, and explaining the concept of a jury trial to him is probably going to take longer than one minute.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I figured interrogation wasn't exactly Daylily's style. Q's mainly just curious to hear what he can from the man, although that might be a lost cause or a pointless endeavor.

As he begins tying up Caan, Quioan tries to explain his actions to the others (mostly Daylily). "I just want to hear what this man has to say for himself. I imagine the Umberto Gabbiano might also be pleased if the man were able to admit to the killings and thus clear his houses name." Looking up at Daylily, he continues. "I imagine you want to kill him Daylily, and I don't blame you - were there not others to consider, I would likely do the same. But I want to hear this man explain himself. I want him to confess to these killings."

Having finished securing Caan's bonds, Quioan stands up. "Maybe we should just kill him. At least we now have time to talk about it."

Systole

First Post
Daylily seems surprised to see Quioan tying the gamekeeper with rope. "I am think that Elder Storyteller can killings him without help of rope, Scorchsong," he says, with a dubious look.

As Quioan explains, he seems to grow more confused. "Bring him to city for the Gabanyo to killing him, you mean? Gabanyo not came here. Elder Storyteller did came here. Is Elder Storyteller's kill." He turns to Relic. "Is this being a gift to Gabanyo from you? Because the wood-walker is much dangerous thing to keep alive."

OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] I noticed the Scooby reference a few posts ago, by the way. How long were you holding on to that gem?

jkason

First Post
As Quioan explains, he seems to grow more confused. "Bring him to city for the Gabanyo to killing him, you mean? Gabanyo not came here. Elder Storyteller did came here. Is Elder Storyteller's kill." He turns to Relic. "Is this being a gift to Gabanyo from you? Because the wood-walker is much dangerous thing to keep alive."

OOC: [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] I noticed the Scooby reference a few posts ago, by the way. How long were you holding on to that gem?

GM: Heh. It's been a long time coming, that bit of silliness. Since I wasn't sure if Daylilly would be bashing in his brains, I figured I'd better get it in while I could. :D

"This way, Parsons! I heard the sounds of battle, and I'm sure that was Caan's voice!"

"Milord, please, let the men go first! We can't bodyguard a noble if he rushes ahead of us into a waiting arrow!"

As if repeated mention of his name seems to have summoned him, Gabbiano's voice drifts out of the wood, followed soon after by the man himself, stumbling into the clearing with the commander you met before and a handful of Venzan guardsmen rushing to keep up with the eager noble. Finia rounds out the retinue, from the back, slightly disheveled and clearly flustered from all the tromping around in the outdoors.

"Thank the gods!" Gabbiano cries out as he sees the party gathered around the bound form of the sleeping Caan to debate his final disposition. He steers clear of the dog corpses as he does so. "You've caught him. See, Parsons, I told you they seemed industrious. And my ... my property? Did you--?"

Gabbiano doesn't finish as something catches his eye. While the commander and his men rush to cover Caan, Gabbiano makes a beeline for the southeast corner of the house where light glints off something. He reaches down and gently, as if the merest touch might shatter it, picks up the wand Caan had earlier thrown to the ground, regarding it with unabashed awe.

Commander Parsons, clearly a bit confused by the noble's behavior, turns to you. "Lord Gabbiano seemed to think you might have gotten yourselves into some trouble. It appears he was right."

Systole

First Post
Daylily sneers at the Captain.

[sblock=Elvish]"Ach, it's the wobbling beef willy again, what stole our dinners yester eve. And anon I ken he's here to claim this foul passel of spirit-talker. Well, come along then, ye great pile of frilly bits! Your trophy's all wrapped and fangless so ye can take your bloody hands to the elders and speak that ye earned them even though you've nary an honest scar to show. Take the biting beasties, too, as I reckon you're all but famished, what with the long trek out of your safe, fair city and the hard work of all this vanquishing. Tosser."[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Ohhhhh ... that was mean, JK! I wanted to give that to Gabbiano, snif snif. Edit: Lol! nice insult! Even better as we know he speaks elvish, so he understood it! Err... wait, that might not be a good thing ... hehehe. Ruuuuuun!!!!

Relic pats Daylily on the shoulder with a smile (for a strangely long time) until the noise of the guards and Gabbiano appearing can be heard. After another extended pause while Relic quietly waits for the intruders to finish their conversation, Relic finally stops his incessant patting of Daylily's shoulder and he finally responds to his courageous, savage friend, completely ignoring the Commander's condescending and offensive remark.

"Again you honour me, Daylilly. The victory and glory of this hunt is shared by all of us. It seems the Wind blows at our back today and we have a chance to win favour with a man in need of friends who might one day prove a valuable friend to us indeed. You are right, I choose to give this thief to Signor Gabbiano, as a gift, a favour that one day Gabbiano will return. But not just to me. The favour will grow and multiply. The favour will fall upon each of us. Because not only have we not gotten ourselves into trouble..." Relic pauses to nod at the commander before continuing, "... but we have stamped it out like a hard boot in time upon the soft head of a venomous snake. Not only that but we have delivered a villain bound and asleep into the hands of the authorities, not a scratch upon his head, and with naught more blood spilled than that of his hounds, intact to face the consequences of his villainly; Caan will not be blessed so easily with the swift solace of death that your hammer brings, Daylilly. And yet, these deeds pale in worth aside the great joy we have brought to Signor Gabbiano with the return of his soul and his pride, the jewel that will allow him to rise in power once more and wipe the smirks from his sneering rivals who have until now enjoyed his fall from grace. Isn't that so, Signor Gabbiano?"

Relic awaits Gabbiano's response before continuing with a no-nonsense tone in his voice:

"Now, as we agreed. The work done here on behalf of our dead employees has run entirely at our own costs with literally no econmic reward. And thus, as agreed, apart from your family artifact, the boon of which's return is yet to be decided, everything else here that we find upon the villain will be taken by our company to cover said expenses and the promised reward that our dead benefactors now can never pay."

He then adds for Daylilly's benefit alone:

"If those were too many words, what i mean is, to thank us for this honour, Signor Gabbiano will make sure you have the finest wolf skin hat in the world"

He turns to Quioan and quietly says:

"I'm sure your sharp eyes will do a better job of searching the house and Caan than my dim old orbs. I will retrieve the golden collars."

Relic, before anyone can do anything (hehehe) does just that, he collects the golden collar from each of the wolfhounds.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Moving to stand next to the aged wizard, Quioan leans on his bow, smiling at the old man's words as Relic speaks his mind fully and in his own time. Speaking quietly, for Relic's benefit alone, he said, "Well said, old dog. We truly had the wind at our backs today." As he speaks, he's thinking about his brief encounter with the wolfhound in the woods, which had closed on him several times, but had been unable to find its mark.

At Relic's suggestion to search the premises, Quioan nods, straightens up, and heads towards the cabin, keeping his bow ready on the off-chance more of Caan's pets are inside. Making his way in, he checks over the cabin to make sure it's unoccupied, then begins to search it for anything of value. Having finished the mundane portion of his search, he then turns to magic to finish the job.

OOC: Invisible Castle doesn't seem to be working atm, so I'll just roll me checks here.

Edit: Forgot to mark it, but the second roll is Know (Arcana).

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Oddly enough, it is Finia and not the captain who responds to Daylily's insult. Any sign of exhaustion disappears from the attendant as the barbarian slings his insults, and her face becomes positively crimson. She lets loose with a string of elven expletives that surprise even the rough-edged Daylily, stomping forward as if to tear him apart with her bare hands.

Commander Parsons stops her with a touch on the arm. She whirls at him, still fuming.

[sblock=elven] "No foul-breathed, boiled-blood, Border-Realms-forsaken savage is going to impugn your honor!"
"Seems to me there's some blood boiling in a Border Realms native,"[/sblock]

Parsons gives Finia a wry smile as they exchange words, and appears to disarm her hostility. Her gaze softens, and the pair's voices drop.

[sblock=elven]"I'm sorry, Galen. I just..."
"No apologies. Seems to me that fire's exactly the sort of thing that drew us together, no?"[/sblock]

The commander's hand rises to gently cup Finia's cheek. She smiles coyly and opens her mouth to say more, but then seems to remember she and the commander are not alone. The elven attendant blushes, then gives Daylilly only one more tense rejoinder before retreating back to her employer.

[sblock=elven]"You are no longer in your brutal home, Master Falshenaya. I would counsel you to learn the ways of civility if you plan on staying among civilization."[/sblock]

OOC: Ohhhhh ... that was mean, JK! I wanted to give that to Gabbiano, snif sniff.

GM: sorry 'bout that, jbear.

"And yet, these deeds pale in worth aside the great joy we have brought to Signor Gabbiano with the return of his soul and his pride, the jewel that will allow him to rise in power once more and wipe the smirks from his sneering rivals who have until now enjoyed his fall from grace. Isn't that so, Signor Gabbiano?"

Relic's words bring Gabbiano out of his reverie. He looks up from the wand with a start, and now he, like his attendant before him, blushes. He quickly stows the wand within his coat, buttoning the coat securely. He clears his throat loudly, then smiles widely, if nervously.

"You have certainly done my house an admirable service," he says with a slight bow of his head. As Relic makes it clear he isn't interested in trying to lay claim to the wand, Gabbiano seems to relax slightly. He gestures to the small house, offering it to the party to search and pillage as they see fit.

As Relic trots about the grounds collecting collars from the slaughtered wolfhounds, Quioan takes the lead in the house, carefully pushing open the painted purple door to the small house and stepping inside. After a tense few moments as he braces for another animal attack, it becomes apparent none are coming. The elf slings his bow back onto his back and searches in earnest.

However profitable Caan seemed to claim his scam was, the interior of his house doesn't seem to bear that out. There are crude, hand-made furnishings and no appreciable decoration. In a small desk, however, Quioan does find a stack of papers. Duplicate deeds, each made out and apparently bearing official seals. All describing the house Quioan stands in. The papers are held down by a large ring of keys, all apparently identical to each other. Quioan reaches into is backpack and produces the keys Ryall and Roug gave into his safe-keeping, and confirms that they, too, match the collection of keys in the house.

Having found nothing of more of mundane value, Quioan invokes his arcane sight. He's astonished to see the room bathed in a magical glow, and starts to wonder at what magic an entire house might contain when he realizes the house isn't the source of the aura. Rather, the room is bathed in the cast-off of an aura streaming in the windows from outside. As the elven archer moves to look outdoors, his arcane senses are nearly overwhelmed. The wand in Gabbiano's coat burns with an aura of white-hot intensity, its brilliance covering half of the clearing. He's forced to turn away from the sight before he can be sure of its school, but a magic item this powerful might account for an aura lingering as long as the one he found on Roug's land.

As Quioan searches, Caan begins to stir. He wakes with a start, but his instant aggression turns to apprehension as he finds himself flanked by Parsons' men as well as the party members not inside the house.

Qik

First Post
As Quioan collects himself in the wake of witnessing the wand's arcanic brilliance, he tells the others, including the commander, what he's found. "Beyond that, however, there isn't much to get excited about inside the house...I guess the only question now is to whom does it belong?" In the discussion that follows, Quioan makes sure to pat Daylily on the back, smiling at him at his ability to rile up the prissy elven attendant. Beyond that, he waits relatively silently, curious to see what Caan is willing to admit to in light of this evidence.

Remove ads