• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Ryall's Estate

Systole

First Post
The enraged barbarian does not even break stride as he crushes the poor dog and continues his mad charge to the south. With a wild grin on his face as he bears down on the second dog. "FALSHENAYAAAAAAA-A-A!"

OOC: Power attacking with the charge this time, like I meant to do last time, but forgot. Math is +1 BAB +6 Str +1 Bless +2 Charge -1 Power attack = +9 again

Edit: A frickin' 3. Blergh. AC is currently 11, since I assume he's about to get lit up.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Edit: Relic does not wait to see what the dogs are doing before deciding what to do, because that would be stupid. Hearing the ranger leave the house he moves in swiftly up towards the front door and checks if it is locked.

OOC: Relic double moves to L14, going south in a straight line to L through trees first to av oid being seen by north easter hound before turning towards hut; I wanted to use Daze, but just read it is only good for humanoids. Drat! Swift Action: check if door is locked?

[sblock=Relic] Lvl 1 Human Wizard
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 Touch 12 FlatFooted 14
Fort: +1 Ref: +2 Will: +3
Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Daze
Lvl 1: Mage Armour: USED; Shocking Grasp; Sleep
Bonded Ring: Unused
Lightning Flash 7/7
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] Since we're about to move into first-to-post, you might as well take an action anyway. Even moving up toward the house would be better than nothing, in my opinion.

jkason

First Post
Quioan's oversized arrow elicits a yelp from his target, but unfortunately, it's from whizzing by the wolfhound's ear. The arrow thunks home in the side of the house, and the dog, growling and barking, charges at the archer elf. Quioan manages to evade the snapping jaws, but the wolfhound is now right on top of him.

Daylilly, meanwhile, charges another wolfhound, and though he only seems to land a glancing blow, any contact at all from the enraged elf's massive hammer seems to be too much. A second dog crumples to the ground as the barbarian screams his name as a warcry.

Relic, taking advantage of the temporary absence of canines to threaten him, sneaks to the front door, which is indeed unlocked.

Unaware of the old man at his front door, Caan continues to move south as the wolfhound next to him takes a page from the barbarian's playbook and charges him. Daylilly, his bloodlust leaving him vulnerable to attack, isn't as lucky as Quioan. The wolfhound tears into Daylilly's thigh with his powerful jaws. Even as the barbarian responds to the bite, an arrow drives deep into his shoulder

"I warned you people." Caan yells, notching another arrow into his composite bow. "Now you're mine!"

GM: PC's are up, and we're now into first-post, first-act for the rest of the encounter.

[sblock=crunch]Quioan attacks Wolfhound 2: MISS. Quioan retreats to B28. Yes, that provides concealment vs. ranged attacks. Actually, being in any of the 'tree' squares provides concealment. If there's also a tree square between you and your target, even if they aren't in one, *they* also have concealment from *your* ranged attacks.

Daylilly charges Wolfhound 4, and due to the Wolfhounds still being flatfooted, HITS, killing it. (good lord, but Daylilly's a damage machine, isn't he? 20 damage from a single attack at level 1. Yikes!)

Relic moves to L14 and checks the door

Enemy actions:

Wolfhound 3 charges Daylilly:
Charge attack vs. Daylilly; damage (1d20+4=15, 1d4+1=5)

HITS for 5 damage

Wolfhound 2 charges Quioan:

Charge attack vs. Quioan; damage (1d20+4=14, 1d4+1=5)

MISS

Caan: Move to V23 and ranged attack vs. Daylilly. He has Precise Shot, so no penalty for him firing into melee:

Bow attack (precise shot) vs. Daylilly; damage (1d20+7=22, 1d8+1=5)

HITS for an additional 5 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statuses]
All: Resistance +1 saves
Daylilly, Kazanto, Relic: Bless (+1 attacks)
Quioan & Relic: Mage Armor +4 AC
Quioan: Gravity Bow
Daylily: Rage 2/6 HP: 6/16
Wolfhounds: -2 AC until their next turn from charging.[/sblock]

Attachments

• GrandGuignol3.jpg
    GrandGuignol3.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 76

Systole

First Post
Ignoring his wounds, brings his hammer down a third time, crushing yet another of Caan's unfortunate pets. He takes a few steps to put his back against the house and pulls the arrow out of his shoulder without so much as a wince. Grinning madly, he shouts, "DAYLILY COMINGS FOR YOU, FOREST WALKER!"

OOC: Attacking puppy. Pretty sure that's dead puppy. Moving to N14 so that hopefully Kaz can come up for a heal pleasepleaseplease. Also, there's no AoO in case Relic wants to duck around the corner for a Sleep spell or two.

P.S. Yanking the arrow out is just flavor text.

P.P.S. Dammit, I forgot Power Attack again. If I'd been paying attention, that would have been 22 damage. I don't think it matters, though.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
GM: Just confirming that yes, the Daylilly Dog Slaughter continues. Caan and the dog attacking Quioan appear to be the only enemies left standing.

Remove ads