[LPF] Silent Tide

Piston Honda

First Post
The Navigator takes a moment to have a look around the grain for anything unusual.

[sblock=Actions]
Perception check = 26; Perception Check (1d20+6=26)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Hooray, a good roll, I'm fine with you making the move decisions. I'm going to be on vacation until Monday anyway, so I won't be able to do anything. Sorry if combat comes up, I'd probably miss anyway. Stupid rolls. *Grumble*[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Something's tickling Gavin's 'spidey-senses,' and he takes a careful look around. Now that the fog has receded a little, he notices that the grain piles are a little higher in a regular pattern across the floor. Looking up, he sees what appear to be counter-weighted trap doors in the ceiling with hooks that could be snagged with something like a boatman's gaffe.

Charity takes a moment to pop up the stairs in the northwest corner to see what she can see - the view in the upper room is remarkably similar to that from the other stairs she climbed. She heads back down and makes her report . . .

02GuardiansoftheGrainAllIn_zps0be37069.jpg

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityCloseMowgli150.png

Coming back from the stairs, Red looks a little concerned. "Not sure how to tell if we're helping, fog's a little thinner though. However, the entire west side is still unexplored, I'm thinking we need to look there first? Other ideas?" She tucks the shortsword under her belt then tentatively starts working her way east along the north wall, turning south when she reaches the partition, looking back to the group.

[sblock=move]Stow the sword for now and go back to 2h wielding the pole arm. Maybe it will be usable now… not sure. Pretty much follow the wall more as best as I can and stay open to ideas from others. Making no attempt to be quiet, particularly since sound seems to be on our side.

I had considered an overhead grain door as a way of moving it from one level to another, but wasn't sure if they'd have a grid of them. Oh well… guess so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]Hi guys, sorry for the inactivity but my mother had to go to the hospital and therefore i am a bit distracted[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Not a problem, Lindeloef - hope everything is OK! I'm a little out of sorts as well (posting-wise), as my wife just went back to work after her maternity leave and we're trying to adjust our schedules to accommodate the new drain on our time.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You make your way behind Charity's leadership around the wall and to the opening in the western side of this room. The grain here is still deep, and you're having just as much trouble wading through as ever. Your friendly chatter continues.

02GuardiansoftheGrainAllIn_zps354d0d4c.jpg

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityCloseMowgli150.png

Long red tresses swish back and forth and Charity looks into the room behind the group, then into the one before us. She speaks with some reservation, "The fog seems to be a localized effect; the room behind us is wholly visible but this next one is still obscured," she draws out the fallen guard's shortsword once again and turns the corner, leading north along the wall. "Perhaps the design is symmetric. Check it the same way?"

[sblock=actions]Move I-19 north to I-23, then west along wall, hoping to find stairs. Seems the best chances of finding shallow grain are at the edges. Depending on how much Mowgli wishes to resolve, if it is symmetric the plan, barring differing input from other players, is to make sure noting is on level 2, follow the stairs down south along the west wall. It's turning into a very systematic run-the-walls search now that we have an idea of the layout.

I assume my old level 1 stat blocks should be used until your official ring-the-bell end of encounter.[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shortsword(right), Glaive(unwielded,left)
Current Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch
Temporary items in possession: shortsword
Items not currently in possession: Silk Rope
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
"Well, where would they attempt to poison the grain? None of you are granary experts? I'm a man of the sea meself, the extent of my familiarity with grain is mainly stale bread or brewed into cheap drink."

Remove ads