[LPF] Special Delivery

sunshadow21

Villager
DM: Sunshadow21
Judge:

Start Date: 1/1/2013
End Date: 3/13/2013
72days

Antal
Encounter XP: 800; Encounter GP: 1120
time xp (72 days x 7 xp) = 504 xp; level x time gp (72 days x 6 gp) = 432 gp
total xp = 1304; total gp = 1552
Erinth
Encounter XP: 800; Encounter GP: 1120
time xp (72 days x 7 xp) = 504 xp; level x time gp (72 days x 6 gp) = 432 gp
total xp = 1304; total gp = 1552
Frederick
Encounter XP: 800; Encounter GP: 1120
time xp (72 days x 7 xp) = 504 xp; level x time gp (72 days x 6 gp) = 432 gp
total xp = 1304; total gp = 1552
Kris
Encounter XP: 800; Encounter GP: 1120
time xp (72 days x 7 xp) = 504 xp; level x time gp (72 days x 6 gp) = 432 gp
total xp = 1304; total gp = 1552
Morgan
Encounter XP: 800; Encounter GP: 1120
time xp (72 days x 7 xp) = 504 xp; level x time gp (72 days x 6 gp) = 432 gp
total xp = 1304; total gp = 1552

[sblock=notable loot]+1 longsword[/sblock]

[sblock=my DMing rules for LPF]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. In order to not unduly punish those with high initiatives, I take the average of each side and add it to the dice. In combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling because some rolls need to be kept secret and it's just plain faster when trying to roll for a lot of npcs.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet would be much appreciated in every IC post during a fight.

*If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I can't answer any concerns I don't know about.[/sblock]

Example Mini-stats block:
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW [/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter Information]1/1/13 Start
1/25/13 Cave Scorpions: 600 xp total/120 xp each
Mummer Guards: 600 xp total/120 xp each
2/18/13 Vegepygmies: 1200 xp total/240 xp each
3/7/13 Hired Thugs: 1600 xp total/320 xp each, +1 longsword
3/13/13 End

Total Encounter GP = 5600
Individual Encounter GP = 1120[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
Heading back to room 3, you find a gnome wizard studying a book intently as his tiny centipede watches the door quietly. Spread out on the table the gnome sits are several trays of light snacks, and a couple of pitchers of several kinds of drinks. There are several chairs on either side, with the gnome sitting at the head of the table.
 
A plainly dressed man with dusty feet and disheveled hair walks into the room. He will take one look at the gnome, then bow and approach. "Greetings, I am Frederick, the Nomad. I understand that you have a job open, is this correct?"
Mini Stats


Frederick the Nomad

Initiative: +2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Unarmed
PS: How do you spoiler on the forum?
 

thechosen2nd

Villager
An elf Maiden strides confidently into the room, and makes a beeline for the appetizers. She nonchalantly slides into a chair and looks at the gnome, waiting patiently for him to look up from his book. An ocelot follows her into the room, jumps up onto the table in front of the elf, and crouches, staring intently at the centipede next to the gnome.

The elf scratches the cat behind the ears, as if it is simply an overgrown house cat and reassure the gnome:

"Don't worry about Sanguine... she's just curious. Wouldn't hurt a fly unless I told her to. Right buddy?"

(Sanguine purrs in response, and closes her eyes with a decidedly happy expression on her face.)

"Anyway, My name is Krisalla Swiftfoot, but you can just call me Kris. I'm eager to hear about this job you have to offer us."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
180px-KrisSwiftfoot_zps988ce267.png
Kris Swiftfoot
Initiative: +6
AC: 16 (12 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +4 Will: +4
(+2 bonus against enchantment spells and effects)
Resistance: none

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Spells Remaining:
Orisons: Flare, Guidance, Stabilize
1st Level (1/day): Produce flame, Obscuring mist
Racial (1/day): Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Detect poison, Read magic

Sanguine (Ocelot)
Initiative: +5
AC: 17 (12 Flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Resistance: none

Current Weapon in Hand: natural weapons (claws & teeth)
[/sblock]

spoiler is (sblock=title here) stats go here (/sblock)
but with brackets [] instead of parentheses ()
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
The gnome looks up briefly as you enter, "Ah, good, I was hoping this would go quickly, I do have so terribly much to do with the new semester beginning next week. Maybe next time my associates won't insist on putting this task off until the last minute. Oh, who I am kidding, they always put this task off until the last minute. At any rate, please sit down, and as soon as a few others have joined us, we can begin." With that, he turns his attention back to his book.
 

sunshadow21

Villager
OOC: I'll give some of the other newcomers a few more days to join us.


Though it's master seems to pay you no heed, the centipede continues to take the newcomers in quietly, watching all of you, but especially the ocelot, very closely as it snacks upon a few of the things on the table.
 

sunshadow21

Villager
After a bit longer he looks up, sighs, and closes his book. "We may as well get started. It's easy enough that you can explain anything the others miss later. I am Dr. Roustabout, and I am a professor at the Venzan Academica Magica, a rather well known school of magic. As you can probably imagine, we go through a lot of supplies, many of which tend to be rather harder to come by through normal channels. These require special suppliers, and one such supplier is a hermit mage who lives up the coast a bit in an isolated glade. Your task is really quite simple; go pick up a package from this Caicaryn Axemage and bring it back. Any questions thus far?" His entire manner of speaking and carrying himself as he talks makes it quite clear that he is an experienced teacher and lecturer.
 

Axios

Villager
Tirithon looks around and realizes he entered the wrong room. "My apologies."
 
Last edited:

thechosen2nd

Villager
Kris responds casually to the professors question, while dipping her hand into a bowl of chips yet again.

"No questions so far professor. Carry on."
 

sunshadow21

Villager
"Good, we can proceed than, and yes, I can still use help. Now than, here are the directions of how to get to Ms. Axemage's glade. You'll have to enter through the tunnel, as she literally carved the glade out of the middle of a rocky hill, creating only a single passage to get in or out. Any other questions about the task itself before we move on to the administrative tasks?"
 

thechosen2nd

Villager
Kris ponders for a moment, and then asks:

"Well, my only question at this point is whether or not there are any special circumstances we need to take into account in regards to the package... I mean, are the contents dangerous, delicate, perishable, or anything like that? Is it something that will fit into a backpack, or do we need to arrange some special kind of transport? And... is there anything else we might want to know about the items we will be transporting?"
 

sunshadow21

Villager
"Excellent questions. The package itself is nothing to worry about. It'll be a solid block of a special substance we developed for some of our research tools. It'll fit easily enough in a backpack, and be perfectly safe to handle without any special precautions, though standard common sense should still be applied. There might be some trouble from meddlesome folks who think they know what it is and that securing it for themselves might help them out in some way, even though it won't, but I'm sure that it won't be anything that well armed adventurer's like yourself can't handle."
 
"That sounds perfectly reasonable, I see no problems thus far, unless someone is claustrophobic," Frederick says as he looks at the gnome, then the others.
 

thechosen2nd

Villager
"Excellent answers." Kris replies with a cheeky grin. "So, I believe you were about to say something about the administrative aspects? I must admit I'm eager to hear about how you intend to reward us for this little errand..."
 

sunshadow21

Villager
The gnome chuckles quietly, "Yes, I am sure that you are; that is always one of the more popular topics. We offer very generous terms; 100 gp total for the job, 50 upfront, 50 upon delivery of the package, which needs to be taken to the Reality Machine building on campus, as well as any loot or plunder you may get from annoying pests in the commission of the task. Ms. Axemage usually also has some spare potions she gives out as well."
 

thechosen2nd

Villager
"Reality machine, eh? I'd ask, but I'm sure it's way over my head. In any case, those terms do sound agreeable enough to me. Unless you have any other questions" (She adds, looking at Frederick) "I would be eager to get started!"

OOC: Did you want to try to recruit a couple more players, or will the two of us be enough?
 
"Is that each or to split," Frederick adds quickly. "Either way, I am in. Ready when you are," he says as he nods to Kris.

[sblock=OOC:]
I think we may be able to do this.
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top