[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I reviewed the numbers and plugged in the encounters and leveling up into Mowgli's tracker and I found eight of the dates for leveling up off a bit.
Kalinn reached 8th on 8 Jul 2012
Daylily reached 7th on 26 Dec 2012
Relic reached 7th on 5 Jan 2013
Aradra reached 9th on 16 Jan 2013
Daylily reached 8th on 27 Mar 2013
Daylily reached 9th on 5 Jul 2013
Relic reached 9th on 14 Jul 2013
Aradra reached 10th on 30 Aug 2013

For most part this has resulted in actually more gold and XP in the final numbers. (Except Kalinn's XP for some reason and I think there is just an error in math or something since his last level up. Dunno.)

Final Numbers that I have:
Satin Knights DMC = 36.82
Kalinn's Final XP = 135,160xp; Final GP Earned 83,676gp
Aradra's Final XP = 122,733xp; Final GP Earned 79,253gp
Iosef's Final XP = 37,383xp; Final GP Earned 23,276gp
Daylily's Final XP = 79,027xp; Final GP Earned 63,683gp
Relic's Final XP = 77,783xp; Final GP Earned 63,191gp

I have 2 spreadsheets (One with Iosef, and the second after he left) to look through if you want, SK. But the only time I used a calculator was to add the TBG together from each one with the Encounter GP.

Satin Knights

First Post
PM, can you give me a screen print of the two spreadsheets? I reworked the numbers because I hadn't put in an adjustment that I found in later games. The spreadsheet starts counting at 1. My numbers effectively start counting at 0. So, I have to push the start date from 116 back to 115 to get it to come out with the sheets. Reworking that through, a few characters did level on different days. But, I am still coming up with numbers from 21 to 431 xp off from what the sheet generated. My OCD wants to find out why.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Yeah, even using the Excel Tracker you have to put the start date 1 day earlier to allow it to count the first day.

I emailed you the excel sheets too.
[Sblock=Screen Shots] LPF Forb Isle Pt1.jpg

LPF Forb Isle Part 2.jpg[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, in light of learning the error in the spreadsheet I was using I went and worked them again to fix the error. I have found that Kalinn has a level up via TBX that happened before a the end of combat with the Phase Spiders on 19 Nov 2012 as well.

Here are my latest screenshots.

[sblock=Screen Shots]

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
I was shuffling too many other things today and my net connection went flaky for a while. I will be able to check things late tomorrow. They are right within +/- 500 so use those at the moment, and I will chase things later if needed. At the moment, I need some sleep.

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay. I got the final numbers up in the first post. The eXcel sheet doesn't handle leap years properly, so it drifts away from my numbers by a bit. Since mine are a bit higher, I am going with my numbers for a final result. We don't have to mess with the leap year stuff for another 3 years, so I am not worrying about fixing the sheet for now. I kept a copy of she sheets' screenshots just for records. Sometime later today, I will put the skipped treasure into the Pearl's inventory.

This was fun. Overall, you covered most of the areas. The few you missed were:[sblock=Skipped encounters]In the library to the northwest, there were rust monsters. Getting past them would have allowed more research into what you were facing. In the big shiny/watery globe, a giant octopus. Nothing special there. In the vault that couldn't be opened, I was putting in a non-scripted beholder. If you got in there, all the treasure you would have found would have been high value items. +6 type stuff. I figured he was a guardian very few could get past. :lol:[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay. I got the final numbers up in the first post. The eXcel sheet doesn't handle leap years properly, so it drifts away from my numbers by a bit. Since mine are a bit higher, I am going with my numbers for a final result. We don't have to mess with the leap year stuff for another 3 years, so I am not worrying about fixing the sheet for now.
How does leap year impact this game? You started after Feb 29th. I actually asked Mowgli about the leap year issue and he thinks it tied to Microsoft Office's handling of dates so it should be fine. He was going to check when he had time.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, the numbers started diverging after the 1st, except for Kalinn's. Taking an even closer look, I am going to ask for another revision. The eighth level seems to be giving 88 XP per level instead of 89. Pretty much the same issue as the fifth level in the other game.

I found I was off by a day for Iosef's eighth level as well. I have adjusted his numbers in the first post.

Combine that with moving line 12.2 from 1/5/2013 to 1/3/2013 for Relic's level up,
Daylily's level up at line 25.1 from 7/5 to 7/1 and
Relic's level up at line 25.2 from 7/14 to 7/12 should get the numbers a lot closer to what I have. There are too many cascade effects to trace by hand after that point. But, it should get us close.

-SK

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases