log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] The Inheritance

jackslate45

First Post
Cracking his knuckles Tyrion shakes his head to the prompt for more questions. He strides over to where Petru places the key, and grabs it. "I'll hold this fer now." pocketing the key inside his backpack.

 

log in or register to remove this ad

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto ponders for a moment before adding, "I would truly hate the city guard calling us thieves, or worse, treating us as such. So, would you be so kind as to draw up papers that state we are employed by you, the rightful heir to the last owner of the house there, and we are transporting your possessions per your request? Getting out of a city is usually harder than getting in."
 

sunshadow21

First Post
"I think we would do best to avoid the city guards on the way out entirely if possible. They would likely insist on a certain percentage of the treasures collected, with or without a note from our employer, and I think I can safely say that is not in the best interests of either our employer or ourselves."
 

GlassEye

First Post
"Rumor is the walls are there to keep something in." Petru muses a moment before he continues his answer to Damaris' question. "In the aftermath of the destruction of Sumbru's gate shadowy creatures with a hunger for human flesh and blood were seen stalking the streets of the city. It was widely believed those creatures were somehow coming through the destroyed gate. Those rumors surface periodically and, of course, the wall stands but I believe it to be a ruse by Sumbru's ruling priests to maintain control over the citizenry using fear."

Petru turns to Tasanto. "I will provide such a document but I must warn you against relying upon it too much. I believe the government of Sumbru will claim ownership of all within the inner district. As you have said, I do have right of inheritance but if the Sumbran government does not recognize my claim then I have no means to support it." Petru looks pensive as he continues. "If the legal ambiguity is something you cannot abide I will release you from your given word to take on this job."


• Petru Angroza •
 

soulnova

Explorer
"Of course, the rumors are always like that" Damaris nods at Petru's explanation. She looks a little concerned but not much. "I'm sure we could handle it"

"I have no problem with the document. We will make the best of it. Most likely we won't be needed if all goes well"
 

Satin Knights

First Post
"The document has an uncommon purpose, a test. If it is needed and shown, and the viewer is honorable, they will stop, think and discuss before eventually letting a court decide. If they are corrupt and greedy, they will ignore it. The first I would show mercy to in the performance of my duty. The latter would not receive mercy. To be clear, my duty is to get the items in question from there to here, no matter what is in the way."

"The second purpose, having papers describing work to be done is far better than telling someone, 'An old man told me to do this.' The papers make it a business transaction.
"

Pondering for a second before continuing, "If Sumbru's government knew of the vault, they would have already claimed and seized it years ago. Our journey would be a long walk for nothing at that point. But, on the other hand, if they did not know of it, they cannot rightfully claim ownership of it. I see no ambiguity there."
 

GlassEye

First Post
"Ah! Canny, Master Tasanto." Petru nods his approval.

If there are no other things to be discussed Petru will have Karoly bring in the agreed upon 300 gold each and pay it out. While Karoly deals with the money Petru moves to the writing desk by the window and begins work on the documents that Tasanto has requested. When finished he signs it and places the Angroza seal upon it. After the ink dries he folds it and gives it over to Tasanto.

"Masters Thankirk and Tasanto have the key to the vault and documents. You each have the first of your payment. You know the meeting place for the wagons and you know to reach Cosmin Siguranta at the Blind King. Ah, the map." Petru withdraws an old map of Sumbru with the location of the Angroza family house on it from the desk and hands it over. "If there is nothing else then I wish you all luck."

Based upon the time the drovers and their wagons are to meet you you have two to three days before you need to leave during which you can do whatever preparation you might see fit to do.

[sblock=OOC]Whenever you all are ready I'll fast forward things...[/sblock]


• Petru Angroza •
 

soulnova

Explorer
"Alright! I'll get ready and I'll meet you at the wagons... need to do some shopping first."

With he money Damaris will go to buy some supplies to the Mystic Pearl.


[sblock] Question! would Holy Water be considered a mundane item or should I roll for it too?[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Holy Water is freely available for purchase, no roll required.

Just another bit of info for you all: Sumbru is roughly 600 miles as the crow flies from Venza (based on the rough map & estimated locations from the wiki). Walking at Cavernous Hode's pace would put you in Sumbru after 50 days of travel. Putting everyone on riding horses would cut that to 20 days. This is not a major feature of the adventure (whether you walk or ride is really irrelevant to the majority of the adventure) and I'll be handwaving 95%+ of the travel. You'll have plenty of time to get to know one another. Also, the wagons you are to meet are only a couple of days outside Sumbru.[/sblock]
 

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock]I see, good to know. Either way, that's a lot of time so I guess Damaris will have to buy a horse. :p Are you going to keep track of food during our travel? Could Cavernous Hode help us with Survival? ;)[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

First Post
"Now that the plan is set, I have some shopping to do as well. For those that are getting horses, see Jacus at the Grand Stable on the east end of town. Tell him you are traveling with the "big cat" and he should pick out horses that are not skittish. My last trek required horses for my companions. Jacus should have three steeds that are used to being around me at least. If he needs a better reminder, the name is Tasanto Nysys."

[sblock=ooc]Even a light horse, with Tyrion's weight is going to only get 3.5 miles an hour. Nysys moves at 4 miles an hour, so he can walk there.[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post
"Well than, I have some preparations to make. I'll see you all again in a few days." Thuvian politely departs to take care of his preparations, first stopping along Arcane Row, and then settling into his home quickly to transcribe a few more scrolls into his spellbook. He'll also take some time to find out what he can about the conflict that triggered the exodus of his employer's grandfather.

Knowledge (history) (1d20+8=15)

[sblock=ooc]Thuvian is ready to proceed.[/sblock]
 

Systole

First Post
"Cavernous Hode and Mister Dickens are ever-ready for adventure. But he shall venture to this stable and procure a cart, he thinks. Until the time to depart has arrived, Cavernous Hode bids safe travels to the assembled multitude. Except the pouty nobleman, of course, since he seems disinclined to travel. Come on, Mister Dickens!"
 

soulnova

Explorer
"Now that the plan is set, I have some shopping to do as well. For those that are getting horses, see Jacus at the Grand Stable on the east end of town. Tell him you are traveling with the "big cat" and he should pick out horses that are not skittish. My last trek required horses for my companions. Jacus should have three steeds that are used to being around me at least. If he needs a better reminder, the name is Tasanto Nysys."


"I'll take that in count. Thank you" Damaris leaves to get a light horse. "I'll see you in a couple of days!"

[sblock] She got everything she wanted. I bought a Light horse and placed some stuff on her to avoid a medium load: Rations for the trip and a rope in a sack. Is that ok? [/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion still looks confused about the whole "big cat" thing, but for right now was not interested in questioning it.

He heads off towards the stable to go pick up the horse, and swings by the Mystic pearl to try and pick up a few things.
 

GlassEye

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Let's see if I address everything...

Travel: First, I neglected to take encumbrance into consideration. I did account for terrain and an average quality road. An encumbered mount with the same speed as a horse will make 21 miles in a day under these conditions, or 28.5 days for the entire journey. Your meeting with the drovers (two days outside Sumbru) is set for thirty days from now. That gives you about four to five days leeway in your travels. Obviously, going slower than the estimated time and you risk missing your arranged way into the city and you would have to go in on your own. Not a major issue really. Packing gear/supplies on your horse (or a pack horse) to avoid encumbrance is a decent idea.

Food: Yes, you'll need to track food use there and back. If you wish to avoid the encumbrance from carrying all the rations you'll need there will be settlements along the journey to resupply. There are probably other ways to reduce your need for rations but hunting and foraging reduces your overland movement by half for the day. It's up to you whether you want to mess with figuring out/calculating alternatives.

History: Feel free to review the entry on Sumbru. Essentially, the Sumbrans of 50-ish years ago were quite wealthy from using the resources of their ancient gate. The nearby kingdom of Acomay (now parceled out into other political units) grew jealous and began a war to acquire the source of that wealth. When it was evident the Sumbrans were going to lose, they lured the Acomay knights into the city center and unmade the gates causing death, destruction, and turmoil until the arrival of the priesthood of Night and their not-so-secret police, the Inquisitors.

Looks like everyone is ready to proceed so I'll try to get an update up in a day or so.[/sblock]
 

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris meets up with the party later, riding a palomino light horse.

Palomino.jpg

"Good! All of you made it" she winks at them. "Let's get going, those wagons are not going to wait for us forever."

During their travel, Damaris will restock her rations at every town they cross.



[sblock=Ministats]


Damaris - Bard lvl 2
HP 14/14
Init +3
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+1 | R+7 | W+3


INIT +3
Perception +4 | Sense Motive -1/7* (Ver. Per.) | Bluff 2/7* (Ver. Per.) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +7 (+1 vs males)


Shortbow +4 (1d6)
Longsword +3 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +4 (1d4+2)


Bardic Performance: 8/8 day


Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.


Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Holy Water (2), Oil (3), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16), Acid Flask .[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto returns to the meeting place for starting the journey after getting a few supplies. "Just a second." He sets down his weapons and pack. With a bit of quiet chanting, an eerie smoke envelopes him, sticking to his body. After a bit, it solidifies. Picking up his pack and weapons, he slings them on his back and cinches them down for a long, hard travel.

The cat beast speaks. "Now I'm ready. We shouldn't have a random bandit problem." He chuckles.
[sblock=beast]

[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

First Post
Thuvian shows up at the meeting point with a solid black mare; it's clear that while he isn't necessarily uncomfortable on the horse, it's not something he's particularly accustomed to. Watching Tasanto's transformation with interest, he chuckles at the cat beast's comment.

[sblock=ooc]Thuvian also will be restocking as they go, carrying enough to sustain himself in case of unexpected trouble in between villages.[/sblock]
 

Systole

First Post
Cavernous Hode is one of the later arrivals, but his appearance is preceded by a number of pedestrians coming to a complete halt and staring with a mixture of confusion and surprise down a side street. A few moments later, the dwarf appears, riding on the back of a reptile nearly four feet at the shoulder, with Mister Dickens perched behind him. The giant chameleon turns onto the main street with placid, reptilian patience and plods up to the meeting spot, where Cavernous Hode draws the creature to a stop. Mister Dickens hops down and chuffs irritably.

"Hello, fellow adventurers! Cavernous Hode stands ... er, sits ready!"


 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top