[LPF] The Inheritance

GlassEye

Community Supporter
DM: GlassEye
Judge: ?
Run dates: 13 March 2013 (DOY 72) to 7 Oct 2013 (DOY 280): 208 days

Heroes:
Damaris Beiryn (soulnova)
-- 1714 starting xp (lv. 2) + 240 (Enc 1) + 1353 (TBX thru 14 July; DOY 195) = 3307
-- 3307 xp (lv. 3) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1275 (TBX to end) = 5,902 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 1353 (TBG thru 14 July; DOY 195) + 1445 (TBG to end) = +4,938 GP

Tasanto Nysys (Satin Knights)
-- 6461 starting xp (lv. 4) + 240 (Enc 1) + 3300 (TBX thru 10 Aug; DOY 222) = 10001
-- 10001 xp (lv. 5) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1624 (TBX to end) = 12,945 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 3750 (TBG thru 10 Aug; DOY 222) + 1798 (TBG to end) = +7,688 GP

Thuvian Darklight (sunshadow21)
-- 3852 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 1920 (TBX thru 19 July; DOY 200) = 6012
-- 6012 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1760 (TBX to end) = 9,092 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 2176 (TBG thru 19 July; DOY 200) + 2000 (TBG to end) = +6,316 GP

Tyrion Thankirk (jackslate45)
-- 4155 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 1605 (TBX thru 28 June; DOY 179) = 6000
-- 6000 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 2222 (TBX to end) = 9,542 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 1819 (TBG thru 28 June; DOY 179) + 2525 (TBG to end) = +6,484 GP

Cavernous Hode (Systole)
-- 3708 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 2055 (TBX thru 28 July; DOY 209) = 6003
-- 6003 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1562 (TBX to end) = 8,885 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 2329 (TBG thru 28 July; DOY 209) + 1775 (TGB to end) = +6,244 GP

[sblock=Leveling expectations]I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will need to wait until the encounter is completed.

By my rough estimation (based upon a fast posting rate) this game may take about two months and get you enough experience to almost level once. Realistically it'll probably take twice as long, maybe more (my estimations haven't exactly been accurate thus far).[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Tracking/XP]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]0) Prepayment: 1,500 gp
1) Kobolds (CR4): Masterwork dagger (302 gp), Potions of Cure Light Wounds x2 (100 gp). Expected: 1,700 gp
2) Haunt (CR4): Fire-forged steel longsword (615 gp). Expected: 1,700 gp
3) Deadfall Trap (CR2): no treasure. Expected: 800 gp
4) Sagari (CR3): no treasure. Expected: 1,200 gp
5) Caryatid Column (CR5): MWK Longsword x2 (630 gp). Expected: 2,300 gp
6) Ghul+gear (CR6): Gloves of Reconnaissance (2,000 gp), Cloak of Fangs (2,800 gp), Shifter's Headband +2 Cha (4,500 gp), Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2,000 gp), Bracers of Armor, +1 (1,000 gp). Expected: 3,000 gp[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls may be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will roll their own dice. I always roll initiative and I use perrinmiller's method for group initiative so you still gain benefit from initiative enhancement. A quick explanation if you haven't encountered it before: I roll initiative for every participant in the combat and average the initiative for each side. If any one participant on the losing initiative side beats all the initiative rolls on the winning side that participant gets a free round of actions before the winning initiatives.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or other on-line dice rollers as long as you can link the rolls, preferably in an sblock. I generally use Invisible Castle for my own rolling.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game or are absent for a long period of time will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I am generally not available to post from Friday evening to Saturday evening, Central US time.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet posted with every post would make my job much easier. After it is set up it is easy to maintain by quoting yourself and updating the information. An example/template is below. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
Spells Remaining (1st): 0[/sblock][/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Whether you were found in the Dunn Wright Inn or tracked down elsewhere the saucy halfling lass completed her job and delivered a cream-colored envelope to each of you. Your name is written on the front of the envelope in a fine hand and the envelope is sealed with wax impressed with a single letter, in this case an 'A', as is commonly done among non-noble houses. Breaking or peeling back the seal reveals a single card with a note written in the same skilled hand as addressed the envelope.

Tasanto's card begins:
Lieutenant Kelnin has assured me of your singular skill and discretion...

Thuvian reads a recommendation:
Master Penrose of Irthos has recommended you to me...

Tyrion and Damaris' notes begin simply:
Worthies in Venza who wish to remain nameless have advanced your name to me...

All of the notes continue:
...for the purpose of resolving a matter of some delicacy to House Angroza. If you are interested in arranging temporary employment with Angroza please present yourself to the house off Marionetta Canal in Roses di Sanguigno a bell after noon tomorrow.
[size=+1]--Petru Angroza.[/size]

 

soulnova

Villager
Damaris checks the card for the eleventh time and looks around nervously. This is it. A house of Venza has taken interest on her skills. Goddess gracious, her dreams are coming true.


The excited teenager makes sure she has the right address and waits outside the house a couple of minutes before the appointed hour. She is dressed with a white dress, a flower hair piece and smells of delicate rose perfume.


[sblock=Ministats]


Damaris - Bard lvl 2
HP 14/14
Init +3
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+1 | R+7 | W+3


INIT +3
Perception +4 | Sense Motive -1/7* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/7* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +7 (+1 vs males)


Shortbow +4 (1d6)
Longsword +3 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +4 (1d4+2)


Bardic Performance: 8/8 day


Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.


Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.


Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
Thuvian arrives promptly at the allotted time, his dark and simple clothes neither hiding or accentuating his tiefling features as he knocks on the door and presents himself to whatever servant is in charge of greeting visitors.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Tasanto examines his note and decides to investigate. Its better than sitting around a bar watching others play with dice. He goes home first to get a good night's rest and gather his things. In the morning, making his way, he knows the roses has something to do with the big bridge. But, not knowing the formal houses, he has to stop and ask directions a couple of times. Eventually, he makes it to designated place to find the young woman has already beat him there. A dark fellow is with her, and has just knocked on the door. Quickening his step a bit, he stutter steps a bit in his rush to get there before someone opens the door.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto ..... (ACTIVE)
HP 40/40; AC 13, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +5, Reflex +1, Will +10, CMB +3, CMD 15
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13,

Unarmed Strike +3, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +4, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +3, d6+1
Dagger +3, d4+1
Sling, +0, d4+1 .......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (Dormant)
HP 36/36 real, 20/20 temp, AC 20, 16 Touch, 18 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40'
Fort: +4, Reflex +5, Will +10, CMB 5, CMD 21
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13

Claw/Claw +5, d4+2+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +5, d6+2+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+3+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+2+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+2
Dagger +5, d4+2
Sling, +5, d4+2 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (4 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 4 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
...... ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+13 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available, AC 20
In hand: unarmed strike


.............................................
[/sblock]
 

soulnova

Villager
Damaris gives a curious look to the other two men. She's a little surprised of seeing the tiefling arrive as she has never seen one until now. It even has a tail and horns and everything! She then glances at the half-elf... nothing of note to say about his looks really. He does seem to have some experience under his arm but overall he doesn't seem particularly strong.

The girl gives a step forward and, on a closer look, Tasanto and Thuvian can tell that this human girl can't have more than 16 years of age.

"Greetings! Did you get the invitation? It might seem we are here for the same reason" she waves the envelope with a smile. "My name is Damaris Beiryn, pleased to meet you" she gives them a perfect courtesy.
 

jackslate45

Villager
Having finally gotten in the right area, Tyrion rounds the corner to find the other 3 waiting patiently at the door. He shakes his head after realizing he is the last one to arrive, but decides for now to ignore it.

Walking up towards where the others were waiting, he glances over the others called. A young girl who barley looks old enough to be here, a human with pointy ears resembling an elf, and a darker skinned man with a tail and horns on his head. Tyrion remebers that the middle one was a "Half Elf", but the darker skinned man he could not remeber what race that was.

When the girl introduced herself, Tyrion raises up his letter in silent acknolegment that he is supposed to be here.

So what kind of person needs a flower girl, a guy in a cape, a dark skinned...something, and me??? Tyrion wonders to himself...


[sblock=Mini Stats]

AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 35/35

Initiative: +2
Perception : +5 Sense Motive:+2
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing.
Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed, Furious Focus (First attack does not take PA penalty), Overhead Chop

Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Satin Knights

Villager
"Yes, I received an invitation as well. Someone who has heard of our fighting skills has requested I come here. Lets see," rereading his note, "a Petra Angroza? Ah, my manners. I am Tasanto, servant of the green. It is nice to meet you." His bow is unsteady.

"Nysys, my other half, was also invited. He will be along later when he is needed."

While the half-elf is quite a bit older than the girl, for his race, he looks just as young and inexperienced as she does. Scrawny and frail looking, he carries a finely crafted, cold iron pole arm hammer that seems disproportionately large and unwieldy for him. His monk's robes are very loose and flowing. A silver amulet with a lightning bolt share its space around his neck with a wooden carving of and oak leaf. A pocketed scarf hangs like a bandolier with several potions ready at an instant's notice.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto ..... (ACTIVE)
HP 40/40; AC 13, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +5, Reflex +1, Will +10, CMB +3, CMD 15
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13,

Unarmed Strike +3, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +4, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +3, d6+1
Dagger +3, d4+1
Sling, +0, d4+1 .......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (Dormant)
HP 36/36 real, 20/20 temp, AC 20, 16 Touch, 18 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40'
Fort: +4, Reflex +5, Will +10, CMB 5, CMD 21
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13

Claw/Claw +5, d4+2+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +5, d6+2+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+3+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+2+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+2
Dagger +5, d4+2
Sling, +5, d4+2 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (4 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 4 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
...... ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+13 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available, AC 20
In hand: unarmed strike


.............................................

[/sblock]
 

soulnova

Villager
"Well met Tasanto" she gives them a nod with a smile. "My fighting skills are not very impressive but I can hold my own with a sword but I rather not tempt my luck on one on one combat." she chuckles and shows him the longsword on her hip "Besides, I'm much better suited for social-..." she stops for a second realizing something. "-wait, sorry, did you mention something about... uh... 'your other half'?" she asks slightly confused.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
"Um, yeah. I am one of those that fights with two souls but only one body. Nysys is a big burly battle cattaur. Great in a fight, but not so comfortable with the tea and cakes kind of crowd. With the fancy writing on the invitation, I expect it will be one of those kind of days."
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
The door to the house opens and you are faced by an older servant with gray receding hair and a swoop of a mustache that hasn't been fashionable in Venza for some time. He nods so very briefly it is barely noticeable.

"Welcome to House Angroza. It is fortuitous that you have all arrived at the same time." He steps aside holding the door open. "Please come in." Once everyone has stepped into the entry hall the servant closes the door and wends his way through the group to one of the exits. "Follow me, please."

The servant leads you into an adjoining room that is outfitted as an office. A desk near the far wall faces the center of the room and four chairs are arrayed before it. There is a writing table that sits in front of a window that faces Marionetta Canal street. The room is otherwise devoid of furniture, which seems rather strange. On the wall above the main desk is a square of color several shades brighter than the color of the remaining walls, as if a large painting has been recently removed. Coupled with the sparseness of furnishings in the room it would appear that the Angroza family is either preparing to move or to remodel.

The servant motions to the chairs. "Please, be seated. Master Angroza will be with you shortly. May I provide you with anything? Refreshment?"


Karoly, Angroza servant
 

soulnova

Villager
"Ah" realization flashes across her face when Tasanto explains his abilities, just when the servant appears on the door asking them to enter.

Damaris is amazed by the space. She hasn't been into a house this big ever in her life.

"Thank you, water will be fine" Damaris nods to Karoly and move to check the view of the Canal from the window.
 

Systole

Community Supporter
There is a distant hammering at the door, followed by a pause, followed by a more measured knocking at the door. With a quiet frown, the servant disappears, and reappears a few minutes later, his face an unreadable mask. Behind him is a flushed and out of breath (and in some cases familiar) dwarf and a large, evil-looking rat. "The singing maiden! The cat-shaped boy! And ... two people with whom Cavernous Hode is not familiar! He greets all of these people as fellow adventurers, because he, which is to say Cavernous Hode, is an adventuring fellow! Well dressed and never late, that is Cavernous Hode, For sure. No question. Absolutely. On time and always clad in the finest adventuring gear, that is the way that the adventurer known as Cavernous Hode comports himself," he says, rather breathlessly.

After a moment he continues. "Cavernous Hode did mention that he was an adventurer, correct? Even though he is certain no one would ever mistake him for being, perhaps, not an adventurer. Whew. Pardon Cavernous Hode for a minute while he catches his breath. Cavernous Hode thought this armor looked quite nice in the shop, but he is coming to believe the fit is not as good as he initially suspected."

The new and well-polished turtle shell breastplate he's wearing does seem to fit the dwarf rather poorly. However, that might simply be due to the fact that he appears to have it on backwards.
 
Last edited:

jackslate45

Villager
Tyrion nodded in acceptance at when Damaris said that she knew how to handle a blade,but did not get the sudden realization Damaris got, and looked very confused at Tasanto's reply. When he was going to ask what a cattaur was, the servant opened the door. I guess later...

Once swept into the room, Tyrion takes a look around at the room with some interest, before turning towards the servant and attempting to ask for an ale. At that moment a knock on the door stopped the questions, and the servant disappears to answer the door.

He raises an eyebrow at the sudden appearance of a dwarf, which only seemed to drop in mild shock at as the dwarf started on a long rant about being an adventure. However, the most unsual thing was that the breastplate was not right. Which, having a similar one (made of metal, and not bone like the dwarf's) decided to leave a few pointers for the dwarf.

"Um. Cavernous Hode was? Ya got it on backwards. Ya new armor. Doubt it will do well, unless ya attacked from the rear."
 
Last edited:

Systole

Community Supporter
The dwarf peers at the warrior dubiously. "It is not that Cavernous Hode doesn't trust the scruffy warrior, but ... he feels the scruffy warrior is perhaps sliiiiightly deficient in his understanding of tortoise physiology. Given that tortoises are creatures which wear their shells on their backs, Cavernous Hode must ask, what right-thinking armorer would construct a suit of tortoise armor in which the shell was on the front? Such an arrangement would be clearly unnatural."
 

Satin Knights

Villager
"Well, umm, humans have a tendency to not listen to nature. As an example to Cavernous Hode here, we have a strong house around us built of stone. Yet they put the very fragile glass here, on the windward side looking out over the water. When the storms come, as nature always has and always will have storms, the glass breaks. All they protect in their cave of stone becomes a wet mess. All because they didn't listen to nature. You see how they have nothing nice an pretty here." He shakes his head.

"Master Hode, try putting the armor on the weird way. They may have shaped it so it would be more comfortable that way."
 

sunshadow21

Villager
Thuvian watches the others quietly, and enters without saying anything. Once in the room, he accepts a light beverage, and seems to settle in when the dwarf and his entourage come charging in, at which point, everyone can hear a very distinct hiss from one of Thuvian's pockets and a pair of eyes staring at the rat. Thuvian just shakes his head at the latest comer briefly before speaking quietly, "I believe, master dwarf, the reasoning is that one is usually getting hit from the front, not the back, and thus, that is where they put the protection. Following the half-efl's suggestion will likely become very helpful in the first fight you have that on. In the mean time, we may as well introduce ourselves properly, as it appears that we are to be working with each other. I am Thuvian, a student of the shadows and other related arcane arts. Our good dwarf is obviously a student of nature, with his "pet" (at this point he stops for a second and eyes the rat suspiciously) around to help keep his few remaining brain cells from falling out entirely. Tasanto and his cattaur will obviously be joining the rat on the front line. What skills do you others bring to the table that attracted the attention of our employer?"
 

soulnova

Villager
She pats Mr. Dickens softly on his head. "He's not a pet, he's a good friend of Cavernous Hode, aren't you Mr.Dickens?"

"Thuvian, glad to meet you too. I agree we should make proper presentation. I have a set of skills to support the group with distractions, ranged-" she points at her bow "and a sword if needed be".

"But of course, my main abilities are to inspire courage and charm through diplomacy"
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
"Indeed," says a voice from the entry. "Those are exactly the skills that I thought might be useful."

Turning you see a man standing in the doorway. He is taller than the average Venzan and exhibits the plumpness of the well-fed and wealthy. His face is somewhat effeminate with high cheekbones, pouty lips, and pale skin with cheeks reddened by the sea air of Venza. His clothing is well-made though no longer in the latest fashion. The man walks across the room and seats himself at the desk.

"I am Petru Angroza and I thank you for answering my summons." He motions with both hands towards those seated as if turning over the floor to them. "As it is my hope that you will soon be working together, please, continue your introductions."

[sblock=Knowledge (local) DC 15]House Angroza has been the subject of much rumor over the past several months: Petru's father was cursed; others say his dark past caught up with him or Petru poisoned him in order to take over the house; Angroza shipping suffered greatly in recent pirate forays and that the house is now broke. What is verifiably true is that Petru's father, head of house Angroza, spent a very large amount of money in debauched living in the three months before his death just one month ago.[/sblock]

• Petru Angroza •
 

Advertisement

Top