[LPF] The Inheritance

GlassEye

Adventurer
DM: GlassEye
Judge: ?
Run dates: 13 March 2013 (DOY 72) to 7 Oct 2013 (DOY 280): 208 days

Heroes:
Damaris Beiryn (soulnova)
-- 1714 starting xp (lv. 2) + 240 (Enc 1) + 1353 (TBX thru 14 July; DOY 195) = 3307
-- 3307 xp (lv. 3) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1275 (TBX to end) = 5,902 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 1353 (TBG thru 14 July; DOY 195) + 1445 (TBG to end) = +4,938 GP

Tasanto Nysys (Satin Knights)
-- 6461 starting xp (lv. 4) + 240 (Enc 1) + 3300 (TBX thru 10 Aug; DOY 222) = 10001
-- 10001 xp (lv. 5) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1624 (TBX to end) = 12,945 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 3750 (TBG thru 10 Aug; DOY 222) + 1798 (TBG to end) = +7,688 GP

Thuvian Darklight (sunshadow21)
-- 3852 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 1920 (TBX thru 19 July; DOY 200) = 6012
-- 6012 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1760 (TBX to end) = 9,092 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 2176 (TBG thru 19 July; DOY 200) + 2000 (TBG to end) = +6,316 GP

Tyrion Thankirk (jackslate45)
-- 4155 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 1605 (TBX thru 28 June; DOY 179) = 6000
-- 6000 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 2222 (TBX to end) = 9,542 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 1819 (TBG thru 28 June; DOY 179) + 2525 (TBG to end) = +6,484 GP

Cavernous Hode (Systole)
-- 3708 starting xp (lv. 3) +240 (Enc 1) + 2055 (TBX thru 28 July; DOY 209) = 6003
-- 6003 xp (lv. 4) + 1320 (Enc 2-6) + 1562 (TBX to end) = 8,885 Final XP
-- Enc GP: 2,140 + 2329 (TBG thru 28 July; DOY 209) + 1775 (TGB to end) = +6,244 GP

[sblock=Leveling expectations]I'll keep close track of encounter xp and time-based xp using Mowgli's Adventure Tracker. I will periodically post an image of the excel sheet so that you can advance any levels gained as soon as you have enough xp to do so, though if that comes in the middle of an encounter leveling will need to wait until the encounter is completed.

By my rough estimation (based upon a fast posting rate) this game may take about two months and get you enough experience to almost level once. Realistically it'll probably take twice as long, maybe more (my estimations haven't exactly been accurate thus far).[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Tracking/XP]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]0) Prepayment: 1,500 gp
1) Kobolds (CR4): Masterwork dagger (302 gp), Potions of Cure Light Wounds x2 (100 gp). Expected: 1,700 gp
2) Haunt (CR4): Fire-forged steel longsword (615 gp). Expected: 1,700 gp
3) Deadfall Trap (CR2): no treasure. Expected: 800 gp
4) Sagari (CR3): no treasure. Expected: 1,200 gp
5) Caryatid Column (CR5): MWK Longsword x2 (630 gp). Expected: 2,300 gp
6) Ghul+gear (CR6): Gloves of Reconnaissance (2,000 gp), Cloak of Fangs (2,800 gp), Shifter's Headband +2 Cha (4,500 gp), Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2,000 gp), Bracers of Armor, +1 (1,000 gp). Expected: 3,000 gp[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls may be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will roll their own dice. I always roll initiative and I use perrinmiller's method for group initiative so you still gain benefit from initiative enhancement. A quick explanation if you haven't encountered it before: I roll initiative for every participant in the combat and average the initiative for each side. If any one participant on the losing initiative side beats all the initiative rolls on the winning side that participant gets a free round of actions before the winning initiatives.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or other on-line dice rollers as long as you can link the rolls, preferably in an sblock. I generally use Invisible Castle for my own rolling.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game or are absent for a long period of time will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I am generally not available to post from Friday evening to Saturday evening, Central US time.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet posted with every post would make my job much easier. After it is set up it is easy to maintain by quoting yourself and updating the information. An example/template is below. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
Spells Remaining (1st): 0[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Whether you were found in the Dunn Wright Inn or tracked down elsewhere the saucy halfling lass completed her job and delivered a cream-colored envelope to each of you. Your name is written on the front of the envelope in a fine hand and the envelope is sealed with wax impressed with a single letter, in this case an 'A', as is commonly done among non-noble houses. Breaking or peeling back the seal reveals a single card with a note written in the same skilled hand as addressed the envelope.

Tasanto's card begins:
Lieutenant Kelnin has assured me of your singular skill and discretion...

Thuvian reads a recommendation:
Master Penrose of Irthos has recommended you to me...

Tyrion and Damaris' notes begin simply:
Worthies in Venza who wish to remain nameless have advanced your name to me...

All of the notes continue:
...for the purpose of resolving a matter of some delicacy to House Angroza. If you are interested in arranging temporary employment with Angroza please present yourself to the house off Marionetta Canal in Roses di Sanguigno a bell after noon tomorrow.
[size=+1]--Petru Angroza.[/size]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris checks the card for the eleventh time and looks around nervously. This is it. A house of Venza has taken interest on her skills. Goddess gracious, her dreams are coming true.

The excited teenager makes sure she has the right address and waits outside the house a couple of minutes before the appointed hour. She is dressed with a white dress, a flower hair piece and smells of delicate rose perfume.

Damaris.jpg

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 2
HP 14/14
Init +3
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+1 | R+7 | W+3

INIT +3
Perception +4 | Sense Motive -1/7* (Versatile Performance) | Bluff 2/7* (Ver.Per) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +7 (+1 vs males)

Shortbow +4 (1d6)
Longsword +3 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +4 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/8 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16).[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian arrives promptly at the allotted time, his dark and simple clothes neither hiding or accentuating his tiefling features as he knocks on the door and presents himself to whatever servant is in charge of greeting visitors.

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto examines his note and decides to investigate. Its better than sitting around a bar watching others play with dice. He goes home first to get a good night's rest and gather his things. In the morning, making his way, he knows the roses has something to do with the big bridge. But, not knowing the formal houses, he has to stop and ask directions a couple of times. Eventually, he makes it to designated place to find the young woman has already beat him there. A dark fellow is with her, and has just knocked on the door. Quickening his step a bit, he stutter steps a bit in his rush to get there before someone opens the door.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto ..... (ACTIVE)
HP 40/40; AC 13, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +5, Reflex +1, Will +10, CMB +3, CMD 15
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13,

Unarmed Strike +3, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +4, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +3, d6+1
Dagger +3, d4+1
Sling, +0, d4+1 .......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (Dormant)
HP 36/36 real, 20/20 temp, AC 20, 16 Touch, 18 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40'
Fort: +4, Reflex +5, Will +10, CMB 5, CMD 21
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13

Claw/Claw +5, d4+2+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +5, d6+2+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+3+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+2+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+2
Dagger +5, d4+2
Sling, +5, d4+2 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (4 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 4 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
...... ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+13 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available, AC 20
In hand: unarmed strike

Tasanto_headshot_small.png
Tasanto_Nysys_black_headshot.png
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris gives a curious look to the other two men. She's a little surprised of seeing the tiefling arrive as she has never seen one until now. It even has a tail and horns and everything! She then glances at the half-elf... nothing of note to say about his looks really. He does seem to have some experience under his arm but overall he doesn't seem particularly strong.

The girl gives a step forward and, on a closer look, Tasanto and Thuvian can tell that this human girl can't have more than 16 years of age.

"Greetings! Did you get the invitation? It might seem we are here for the same reason" she waves the envelope with a smile. "My name is Damaris Beiryn, pleased to meet you" she gives them a perfect courtesy.

jackslate45

First Post
Having finally gotten in the right area, Tyrion rounds the corner to find the other 3 waiting patiently at the door. He shakes his head after realizing he is the last one to arrive, but decides for now to ignore it.

Walking up towards where the others were waiting, he glances over the others called. A young girl who barley looks old enough to be here, a human with pointy ears resembling an elf, and a darker skinned man with a tail and horns on his head. Tyrion remebers that the middle one was a "Half Elf", but the darker skinned man he could not remeber what race that was.

When the girl introduced herself, Tyrion raises up his letter in silent acknolegment that he is supposed to be here.

So what kind of person needs a flower girl, a guy in a cape, a dark skinned...something, and me??? Tyrion wonders to himself...

[sblock=Mini Stats]

AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 35/35

Initiative: +2
Perception : +5 Sense Motive:+2
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing.
Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed, Furious Focus (First attack does not take PA penalty), Overhead Chop

Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"Yes, I received an invitation as well. Someone who has heard of our fighting skills has requested I come here. Lets see," rereading his note, "a Petra Angroza? Ah, my manners. I am Tasanto, servant of the green. It is nice to meet you." His bow is unsteady.

"Nysys, my other half, was also invited. He will be along later when he is needed."

While the half-elf is quite a bit older than the girl, for his race, he looks just as young and inexperienced as she does. Scrawny and frail looking, he carries a finely crafted, cold iron pole arm hammer that seems disproportionately large and unwieldy for him. His monk's robes are very loose and flowing. A silver amulet with a lightning bolt share its space around his neck with a wooden carving of and oak leaf. A pocketed scarf hangs like a bandolier with several potions ready at an instant's notice.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto ..... (ACTIVE)
HP 40/40; AC 13, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +5, Reflex +1, Will +10, CMB +3, CMD 15
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13,

Unarmed Strike +3, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +4, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +3, d6+1
Dagger +3, d4+1
Sling, +0, d4+1 .......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (Dormant)
HP 36/36 real, 20/20 temp, AC 20, 16 Touch, 18 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40'
Fort: +4, Reflex +5, Will +10, CMB 5, CMD 21
Perception +13, Sense Motive +13

Claw/Claw +5, d4+2+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +5, d6+2+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+3+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +5, d6+2+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+2
Dagger +5, d4+2
Sling, +5, d4+2 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (4 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 4 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
...... ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+13 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available, AC 20
In hand: unarmed strike

Tasanto_headshot_small.png
Tasanto_Nysys_black_headshot.png

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"Well met Tasanto" she gives them a nod with a smile. "My fighting skills are not very impressive but I can hold my own with a sword but I rather not tempt my luck on one on one combat." she chuckles and shows him the longsword on her hip "Besides, I'm much better suited for social-..." she stops for a second realizing something. "-wait, sorry, did you mention something about... uh... 'your other half'?" she asks slightly confused.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Um, yeah. I am one of those that fights with two souls but only one body. Nysys is a big burly battle cattaur. Great in a fight, but not so comfortable with the tea and cakes kind of crowd. With the fancy writing on the invitation, I expect it will be one of those kind of days."

Remove ads