• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Do you have any idea on how to close that gate yourself? I get the feeling that it remaining open is a very bad thing, but I don't handle the magic stuff well," Lem says with a shrug. He then rubs the back of his forearm as if to create warmth from the friction. That gate is giving him chills.

kinem

Adventurer
"I get the feeling that elemental energy is leaking through, the way the necromantic energy did before. That could be bad. But I'm no expert on this.

I could try using the formula that the guy wrote down. I think it should work. If I do that, I could use help from the other spellcasters or really anyone who knows about magic, the planes, nature, or spellcraft"
Menik replies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I get the feeling that elemental energy is leaking through, the way the necromantic energy did before. That could be bad. But I'm no expert on this.

I could try using the formula that the guy wrote down. I think it should work. If I do that, I could use help from the other spellcasters or really anyone who knows about magic, the planes, nature, or spellcraft"
Menik replies.

"Wait, necrotic energy? leaking through?? That is bad all around. Wouldn't it be funny if we were hired by the guy at the Dunn Wright to deal with the 'problems' all along? That we are 'the help'?"

He laughs at the ridiculousness of the idea.

jbear

First Post
Maui had been stalking the room with growing impatience, claws scratching against the stone floor. Taniwha had long slumped to the ground with disinterest. As Menik mentions aid from those in tune with nature he ruffles his neck feathers, snorts, and transforms back into his human form. Brows furrowed he approaches the gate and lets the energy seeping from it creep over him. In a low voice he begins a rhythmical chant, almost as though he were reciting off by heart a detailed tome (that would one day be known as the encyclopaedia) that he had set to memory. Such an impression was partly true, however a call for guidance from the spirits of nature were intermingled in his oration, power which he transmitted with a firm touch to those who involved themselves in sealing the gate, including himself.

[sblock=Actions]
Guidance on Self
used to boost Kn: Nature: 22 to assist Menik
Cast Guidance on Menik and anyone else who intends to assist.
[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"I know a little about the forces of Nature, but ironically I'm better at spellcraft. I don't have much experience myself but... I feel like I can assist you around" Galandra will aid Menik to solve this problem.

[sblock] Spellcraft 1d20+7=23 +1 Guidance[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"Very well, let's do it" Menik says. He briefly explains to the others how he thinks the formula will work.

He approaches the gate and lets Maui and Galandra flank him. Holding the notes in front of him and reading as necessary, he intones some arcane words while directing the others on when to assist. After a brief pause he does so again using a few gestures and more words. This continues for several more times.

[sblock]I'm not 100% sure how this works but here are some spellcraft rolls. Guidance bonus is included but aid from the others is not included:

1d20+14 = 31, 30, 32, 17, 28, 22[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo keeps a silent vigil, his rapier in hand, always looking about making sure there are no surprises.

Satin Knights

First Post
When asked questions, Tasanto helps with a few tidbits of information, but a few times the advice is not useful at all. "If you get stuck on a question, I got a scroll. It should help. I think I it can give me extra flashes of insight for a few minutes on one subject matter. That is, if we need it. I bought it to help with fighting, but it should help with puzzle work too."
[section]
[sblock=actions]Aid Another on rolls:
Knowledge Arcana (1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=9)
Knowledge Planes (1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=14)
Spellcraft (1d20+5=13, 1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=18, 1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=21)

Scroll of Lesser Evolution Surge to get Skilled(+8) + Guidance can generate an additional +9 is needed, putting Tasanto at +14 for one skill for a few minutes.
OOC: Sorry for being late. Two back to back days of 20 hours work out of town kicked my butt.
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 58/58; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +12, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +15, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +6, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +7, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +6, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +6, d4+1
Sling, +2, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 52/52 real, 28/29 temp, AC 24+4, 16 Touch, 22+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +8, Reflex +9, Will +14, CMB 8, CMD 24, Evasion
Perception +23, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +8, d4+4+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +8, d6+4+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+6+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +8, d6+4+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 3/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +9, d12+6 with 10' reach
Handbo +8, d6+4
Dagger +8, d4+4
Sling +7, d4+4 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
.,,.,,..Summoner 2nd Lvl: 2/2 remaining; Haste, See Invisibility
Summon Monster II:
5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (6 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +2 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off,Dragon Stance off, Swift action available, AoO 3of3 available, AC 28, Mage Armor 4.5 hrs
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=GM]
OK, Good news/Bad News time.

Good news, your DM is actually healthy again. Nasty 48 hour bug + 2 day back log of work put me out of commission since monday. With the weekend coming up that will give me the time I need to get this running again. And we are in the final stretch for this game.

Bad news, work has blocked Ditzie (but not EnWorld or Facebook?). Meaning, I cannot update the map in combat. Which, spoiler alert, does occur before you complete that arcane ritual (like nobody saw that coming).

Menik does succeeds on the first 2 checks before something occurs. 4 success remain.

[/sblock]

Remove ads