log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock] Do they look like they can separate from the wall? [/sblock]

Upon seeing the dog get turned into minced meat, Galandra cringes and turns to her leopard "Mika, stay here."

The cat growls behind her, still trying in a futile way to keep her paws dry.

"Rocks... I'm not sure my arrows will do much. But I guess we could deal with one of them at a time from here."


[sblock=Ministats GALANDRA]


Galandra
AC: 17 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 15)
HP: 52/52


Initiative: +2
Perception: +13/+17 vs FE, Sense Motive: +2/+6 vs FE, Handle Animal +6(+10 Animal Companion)
CMB: +9 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 Reflex: +7 Will: +4

FE: Humans +2, Undead +4

+1 Falchion +10 [2d4+7] 18-20
Dagger +9 [1d4+3] 19-20
Masterwork Comp Longbow STR4: +9 [1d8+4] 19-20x3 (110ft)

Effects: Killer trait (extra damage = critical multiplier)


Conditions: None

In Hand: Masterwork Composite Longbow STR4

Consumables:
Efficient Quiver
-Blunt Arrows (20)
-Arrows (24)
-Masterwork Arrows (10)
-Javelins (10)
-Spears (3)


Backpack
3 days rations, Wand CLW (46 charges), Oil (2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats Mika]

Mika, Small Leopard, Animal Companion

Hp 47/47
AC 22

Spd 50 ft
Init +5
F+7, R+9, W+2
CMB+7, CMD 22

Attack +8; bite (1d8+3) + trip, 2 claws (1d3+3)
Low-light vision, scent, trip
Stealth +10, Perception +5, Acrobatics +9

2x Bear traps
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"II am guessing a long sword or rapier are useless too, but, I will try a long sword first. Sticking one with my rapier might just make him laugh.".

exchange rapier for longsword, ready action to attack single hand style any opponent that comes through the doorway.
 
Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"Tane, give Taiwha te strength to hurt te earth giants" Maui prays, laying a hand on his cheetah companion, whose muscles ripple and swell beneath his fur. The hand restrains the large cat who does not advance beyond the choke point.

[sblock=Actions]Maui: Cast Bull's Strength on Taniwha
Taniwha: Stays put in Total Defense [/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 7 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (23) (Touch 13; FFt 18 (21))
HP: 67 Current: 60
CMB: +10 CMD: 22 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Resist Lightning (1hr), Mage Armor (1hr), Barkskin (1hr)

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +10; 1d6+6 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; 2/3 Summon Nature's Ally
2nd: Bull's Strength: used, Bark Skin: Used, Resist Energy 0/2
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang: Used, Resist Energy, Communal: Used
4th: Summon Nature Ally IV
Wild Shape: 2/3 uses left per day
[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d8+6; 2 Claws: +11; 1d4 +6 dmg
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d6+6; 2 Talons: +11; 1d8+6 dmg; Foreclaws: +5; 1d4+3
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape II]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (23), touch 14 , flat-footed 14 (21)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +12; 2d6+7 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +12 ; 2d4+7 dmg (+Grab)
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 14/16
Communal Wand of CLW 50/50
Wand of Magic Fang: 46/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 48/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 48/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: Trip/Disarm +10 (+13) CMD: 25 (27) (29 (31) vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +3

Conditions: Mage armor (1hr), Greater Magic Fang (6hrs); Bull's Strength (7 mins)


Bite: +10 (+13) ; 1d6+4 (+7) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +10 (+13); 1d3+4 (+7) dmg
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Unsure how mobile they are, or how well protected in the rock, Menik starts off with a simple force missile directed at the one to the left.

[sblock=actions]force missile, 6 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]
Menik

AC 17 (touch 13, ff 14) w/mage armor
hp 32/32
Init +3, CMB +3, CMD 16, Fort +3, Reflex +5, Will +5; Perception +7 (low-light vision), Stealth +8

att longsword +3 (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +3 (1d4+1, 19/x2)

force missile (Sp): (1d4+2, as magic missile, 8/day, 1 used)

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

spells prepared:
Level 0: light, message, prestidigitation, disrupt undead (35', +5 RTA, 1d6)

Level 1: mage armor (cast), magic missile& (1d4+3,1d4+1,1d4+1) (x2) (cast 2),
chill touch (5 touches; 1d6 damage + 1 str damage (Fort part DC 16)
or undead panic 1d4+5 rounds (Will neg DC 16)),
ear-piercing scream& (45', 4d6+2, daze 1 rnd, Fort 1/2 DC 17 + no daze) (x2)

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+1, 5 min),
flaming sphere&~ (3d6+2, Reflex neg DC 19, 150' range, 5 rounds),
blindness/deafness (Fort neg DC 17) (cast),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+3,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +10)

Level 3: haste (5 targets, 5 rounds),
halt undead (Will DC 18 neg, 3 targets, up to 5 rounds),
fireball& (7d6+2, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 600' range)

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), periscope, pearl of power (1st level) - used
[/sblock]
 

Satin Knights

First Post
Since it is rock and not fire, and Galandra wants to use the choke point, Tasanto tries to draw them in. With a flick of his wrist, a glass bottle of liquid fire drops into his hand. Throwing it at the one to the left, it breaks and fire erupts on that one. Gripping his hammer, he prepares for their approach.
[section]
[sblock=actions]Free: Release one hand from hammer
Swift: Spring loaded wrist sheath draw an Alchemist's Fire
Std: Throw alchemist's Fire (1d20+5=15) (should have been +6-4 for range) total 12 Ranged Touch likely hits for Fire damage (1d6=6)
Move: Equip lucerne hammer which has 10' reach
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 49/49; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +11, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +5, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +5, d4+1
Sling, +1, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 44/44 real, 28/29 temp, AC 22+4, 16 Touch, 20+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +6, Reflex +7, Will +11, CMB 7, CMD 23, Evasion
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +7, d4+3+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +7, d6+3+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+4+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+3+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +8, d12+4 with 10' reach
Handbo +7, d6+3
Dagger +7, d4+3
Sling +7, d4+3 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,,,,...Summon Monster II: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +1 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance of,Dragon Stance off, Swift action used, AoO 3 available, AC 26, Mage Armor 5 hrs, Resist Electricity 10 for 4 minutes
In hand: lucerne hammer
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock] guys, I'll have limited/not-at-all internet access until Wednesday. Planning ahead in case I can't make it in time for the next round... Galandra will use rapid shot if she has a clear shot at the creature or change places with Lem if he gets hit again and use her Falchion instead. Sorry for the inconveniece!! [/sblock]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Jumping jambalaya! What the hell are those things? You wizard types think you might be able to soften those gents up some? Maybe we'll get lucky and they won't be able to tag us from out there. They look to big to get on through the narrow corridor." Lem watches the two stone creatures warily as they approach.

Actions
[sblock]
I really doubt we'll be able to pick them off indefinitely. Just in case, Lem is spending this round in all defense mode. Total defense gives Lem a +4 to AC this round, or AC 27.
[/sblock]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP:26/32, AC: 23, AC Touch:21, AC Flat-Footed: 17
Fort: +5, Reflex: +10, Will: +8
Unarmed Strike: Attack: +10 = [BAB (3) + Dex (5) + Size (1) + Weapon Focus (1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +10/+10 = [Monk(5) + Dex(5) + TWF (-2) +WF(1) +Size(1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire/1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
[/sblock]
 

jackslate45

First Post
The force missile and the alchemical flame both hit the smoother of the two creatures, and with a grumble that sounds like rocks moving, both creatures move forward. The front line group can see that the creatures are about the same size as the water monster you just vanquished, so it is reasonable that they will be just about the same in difficulty.

Moving into the wall in front of everyone, the monster's eyes appear as part of the wall, and immediately 2 giant fists swing to attack Tasanto, who manages to put his guard up in time to block one of them. The rough creature's spikes clang against the smoother one's hand, unable to get close enough to damage anyone. Thankful, the smooth creature still burns due to the exposed section that exists.

With the creature's almost entirely in the wall, only a small portion of them exist outside of any protection the walls have given them.

[sblock=GM]
Due to the creature's awesome ability #1, the 2 monsters are using the stone wall in front of you to their advantage, giving them cover (+4 AC), except for the exposed sections. So much for a murder hole...

SK: I don't think they provoke moving into the wall, due to cover rules, so unfortunately no AoO from Tasanto.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Smooth:
Moves Forward to Attack Tasanto, after taking cover in the wall.
-Attacks Tasanto: 1d20+12=16, 2d6+14=23 Miss
Rough:
Moves Forward to Attack Tasanto, after taking cover in the wall.
-Attacks Tasanto: 1d20+12=13, 2d6+14=19 Miss

Enemies:
"Smooth" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 12/68 on Fire; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section.

"Rough" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- ??/68; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section.

Heroes:
Nysys 26 28/29
--Tasanto 44/44
Menik 17 32/32
Lem 23 + 4 26/32
Galandra 17 52/52
Vincenzo 19 67/68
Maui 23 51/56
[/sblock]

Updated Map
 
Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"These rocks burn. Time to try a new spell" Menik says, and casts it. A point of fire streaks from his hand and bursts into a huge fireball in the chamber beyond. The blast reaches the area where the rock creatures are, though they are partially protected by the walls.

[sblock=actions]fireball, 30 damage, Reflex half DC 20[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stat block]
Menik

AC 17 (touch 13, ff 14) w/mage armor
hp 32/32
Init +3, CMB +3, CMD 16, Fort +3, Reflex +5, Will +5; Perception +7 (low-light vision), Stealth +8

att longsword +3 (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +3 (1d4+1, 19/x2)

force missile (Sp): (1d4+2, as magic missile, 8/day, 1 used)

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

spells prepared:
Level 0: light, message, prestidigitation, disrupt undead (35', +5 RTA, 1d6)

Level 1: mage armor (cast), magic missile& (1d4+3,1d4+1,1d4+1) (x2) (cast 2),
chill touch (5 touches; 1d6 damage + 1 str damage (Fort part DC 16)
or undead panic 1d4+5 rounds (Will neg DC 16)),
ear-piercing scream& (45', 4d6+2, daze 1 rnd, Fort 1/2 DC 17 + no daze) (x2)

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+1, 5 min),
flaming sphere&~ (3d6+2, Reflex neg DC 19, 150' range, 5 rounds),
blindness/deafness (Fort neg DC 17) (cast),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+3,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +10)

Level 3: haste (5 targets, 5 rounds),
halt undead (Will DC 18 neg, 3 targets, up to 5 rounds),
fireball& (7d6+2, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 600' range) (cast)

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), periscope, pearl of power (1st level) - used
[/sblock]
 

jackslate45

First Post
The explosion catches the exposed part of the creature in a full on inferno of flames. It seems the creatures are unable to dodge the fierce flames, and the part of the rock that is exposed is blacked as soot covers the creatures. Large clumps of rock fall to the ground in the exposed area from both creatures.

[sblock=Combat]
Even with the +2 Reflex for cover, Fire Burns HOT. They take the full 30 damage (Ouch)

1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=13

Smooth:
Moves Forward to Attack Tasanto, after taking cover in the wall.
-Attacks Tasanto: 1d20+12=16, 2d6+14=23 Miss
Rough:
Moves Forward to Attack Tasanto, after taking cover in the wall.
-Attacks Tasanto: 1d20+12=13, 2d6+14=19 Miss

Enemies:
"Smooth" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 42/68 on Fire; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section.

"Rough" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 30/68; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section.

Heroes:
Nysys 26 28/29
--Tasanto 44/44
Menik 17 32/32
Lem 23 + 4 26/32
Galandra 17 52/52
Vincenzo 19 67/68
Maui 23 51/56
[/sblock]

Updated Map
 


Satin Knights

First Post
Being pinned down in the water room doesn't look advantageous, and since the rock creatures didn't take the choke point, Tasanto gallops through and turns on the one he battered the most so far. Attempting to use flank, with a errant swing, he catches the roof of the room instead of the creature with his hammer.
[section]
Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Swift: Enter Snake stance
Move: 25', not using acrobatics, attempting to provoke AoOs from both
Std: Lucerne Hammer attack with flank (1d20+8+2=13) misses
2nd rd of Fire damage (1d6=6) success
If missed, by smooth Unarmed Strike AoO kick (1d20+7=10) misses
If missed by rough Unarmed Strike AoO kick against rough (1d20+7=21) misses
and the strategy failed.
[/sblock][sblock=Tasanto Nysys' Mini-stats]
Half-elf Tasanto ....(inactive)
HP 49/49; AC 13+4, Touch 12, FF 15; Init -2, Low-light vision, Move 30'
Fort: +7, Reflex +3, Will +11, CMB +5, CMD 17
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14,

Unarmed Strike +5, d6+1+d6 shock, Stunning Fist 2/day

Lucerne Hammer +6, d12+1 with 10' reach
Handbo +5, d6+1 (in haversack)
Dagger +5, d4+1
Sling, +1, d4+1
.......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

Cattaur Beast Nysys ........... (active)
HP 44/44 real, 28/29 temp, AC 22+4, 16 Touch, 20+4 FF; Init +2, Darkvision, Move 40' Mage Armor 5 hrs
Fort: +6, Reflex +7, Will +11, CMB 7, CMD 23, Evasion
Perception +14, Sense Motive +14

Claw/Claw +7, d4+3+d6 shock (10' reach)
Bite +7, d6+3+d6 shock
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+4+d6 shock, on first strike of the round (usually kick, sometimes elbow)
Unarmed Strike +7, d6+3+d6 shock, on subsequent strikes in the round
Stunning Fist 1/day
MW Cold Iron Lucerne Hammer +8, d12+4 with 10' reach
Handbo +7, d6+3
Dagger +7, d4+3
Sling +7, d4+3 ......... Sling Bullets 9 Normal

.,,,..Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance, Umbrella
.,,.,,...Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Expeditious Retreat, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,,,,...Summon Monster II: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (5 min), celestial eagles
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 3 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
....,,.........Consumables: 15/22 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
....,,.........Consumables: Scroll of Summon Eidolon and Scroll of Lesser Eidolon Surge loose in haversack
....,,.........Consumables: (44/50 charges) Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
........ ......Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance or Dragon Stance
..If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,..,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.......Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+14 against one strike
.......Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
If Dragon Stance Active:

..Ignore Difficult Terrain: Ignore terrain on charge and charge through allies
....First Strike is harder: +1 damage to first unarmed strike
...........dragon resolve: +2 saves vs Sleep, Paralysis and stunning effects
...............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance on,Dragon Stance off, Swift action used, AoO 1of3 available, AC 26, Mage Armor 5 hrs, Resist Electricity 10 for 4 minutes
In hand: lucerne hammer
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem shouts, "Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I'm all tapped out on bright ideas." The cook proceeds to give a high-pitched yell as he moves in for the attack. His flame covered fists glow with an eerie blue tinge.

Actions
[sblock]
Lem is using a swift action to enable his ki strike, making his attacks magical for this turn as if by a +1 weapon, thus overcoming damage resistance. Flurry of Blows at the rough rock creature in front of him.

Looks like I wasted that action, as both attacks missed due to the creature's cover with:
1d20+10=17, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d20+10=21, 1d6=1, 1d6=4
17 attack, 1 normal damage, 2 fire damage
21 attack, 1 normal damage, 4 fire damage
[/sblock]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP:26/32, AC: 23, AC Touch:21, AC Flat-Footed: 17
Fort: +5, Reflex: +10, Will: +8
Unarmed Strike: Attack: +10 = [BAB (3) + Dex (5) + Size (1) + Weapon Focus (1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +10/+10 = [Monk(5) + Dex(5) + TWF (-2) +WF(1) +Size(1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire/1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Ki Pool: 3/4
[/sblock]
 

jbear

First Post
If both earth elementals take OAtk on Tasanto:

Maui scowls when the two elementals emerge to attack from inside the wall. They had emerged from the wall, he should have realised they would be able to do that. His scowl turned to a gasp of surprise when the cattaur surged through the middle of their massive foes, but his surprise was not a barrier to his swift response. As the thunderous earthen arms lashed out from the walls at Tasanto, Maui followed in his companions wake hoping the stone foes would not have the speed to strike a second time. He growled a word at Taniwha. "Ka mate! Undaunted by the strange giants, Taniwha moved from his defensive crouch into a flurry of savage bites and claws at the wall as Maui struck with his scimitar from behind. Maui lands a heavy blow almost destroying the already badly burnt creature, but Taniwha can only manage to leave ineffective scratches upon the surface of the stone wall.

[sblock=Actions] Maui moves through gap after Tasanto, moving behind Ele1, flanking with Vincenzo
Free Action: Order Taniwha to attack
Maui takes 5ft step towards creatures

Maui power attacks Ele1 with MW scimitar : 31 vs AC=Potential Crit Hit for 16 dmg; not confirming crit because elementals are immune, right? So, 11 dmg after DR. E1 had 42 dmg +10 dmg from Vincenzo +11 from Maui = 63/68 Hps left

Taniwha full attacks E1: L Claw vs 14=miss Bite 16=miss R Claw 14=miss
Fail city ...
[/sblock]

Updated map

[sblock=Lvl 7 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (23) (Touch 13; FFt 18 (21))
HP: 67 Current: 60
CMB: +10 CMD: 22 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Resist Lightning (1hr), Mage Armor (1hr), Barkskin (1hr)

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +10; 1d6+6 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; 2/3 Summon Nature's Ally
2nd: Bull's Strength: used, Bark Skin: Used, Resist Energy 0/2
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang: Used, Resist Energy, Communal: Used
4th: Summon Nature Ally IV
Wild Shape: 2/3 uses left per day
[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d8+6; 2 Claws: +11; 1d4 +6 dmg
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d6+6; 2 Talons: +11; 1d8+6 dmg; Foreclaws: +5; 1d4+3
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape II]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (23), touch 14 , flat-footed 14 (21)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +12; 2d6+7 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +12 ; 2d4+7 dmg (+Grab)
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 14/16
Communal Wand of CLW 50/50
Wand of Magic Fang: 46/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 48/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 48/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: Trip/Disarm +10 (+13) CMD: 25 (27) (29 (31) vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +3

Conditions: Mage armor (1hr), Greater Magic Fang (6hrs); Bull's Strength (7 mins)


Bite: +10 (+13) ; 1d6+4 (+7) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +10 (+13); 1d3+4 (+7) dmg
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tasanto takes a huge gambit, allowing himself the opportunity to be attacked twice by the heavy rock creatures, to allow the other's to act without fear of counter attack. While his own attacks prove to be ineffective, it does allow the combined offers of Vincenzo and Maui to defeat the smoothest rock creature. The slash from Maui's attack causes the exposed rock to start crumbling, and fall harmless to the ground. While you cannot see the rest of the body, it appears the first creature has been defeated. The alchemical fire, still burning brightly, finally dies out, leading the rock as blacked as ever.

With the first creature defeated, Lem and Galandra focus on the second one. Lem's attacks merely strike at the wall, and Galandra's arrows seem to strike at thin air, causing the creature to look upon them in anger.

The retaliatory strike was quick and lethal. While Lem was able to dodge the viscous uppercut from the ground, a second arm appears from the wall, making it's way towards Galandra. Her bow still at the ready, Galandra does not dodge as a large spike pierces her side, a deep bloody gash appearing where it struck.

[sblock=GM]
Smooth:
-AoO: 1d20+12=14, 2d6+14=18 Miss
-AAANd Dies, due to alchemical Fire.

Rough:
-AoO - 1d20+12=15, 2d6+14=24 Miss

Galandra Full Round Attacks Rough:
1d20+7=9, 1d8+4=8, 1d20+7=18, 1d8+4=11
Both miss

Full Round Attack, attack Lem and Galandra (2x slam w/ power attack)
1d20+12=14, 2d6+14=19, 1d20+12=32, 2d6+14=19

Crit Threat on Galandra
1d20+12=22, 2d6+14=20


Galandra also knows she is in reach of the rough creature now, so if she uses a ranged attack it WILL provoke.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Enemies:
"Smooth" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 12/68 on Fire; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section.

"Rough" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 30/68; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section; Finally hit something!

Heroes:
Nysys 26 28/29
--Tasanto 44/44
Menik 17 32/32
Lem 23 26/32
Galandra 17 13/52
Vincenzo 19 67/68
Maui 23 51/56
Taniwha 26 50/50
[/sblock]

Updated Map
 
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
move 20 feet to stand just west of Maui [since AOO's are used up], lunge attack against 'rough' rock head [imposing -2 to ac for this round.]

1d20+11=25, 1d8+3=6 the attack only scratch some dirt off of it. [1 point damage after dr]
 

soulnova

Explorer
"UGH! You gotta be kidding me!" Galandra grunts in disbelief as the creature strikes her side. That one looks bad... very bad. She looks back and orders Mika to move to Menik's left. She then steps to the center of the chamber, hopefully out of reach from the creature.

"You piece of sh-" she shoots at it from the back.



[sblock]

Free = Order Mika to move
Free= 5ft step back

Guessing she's out of reach she uses Rapid Shot again.

Rapid shot at Elemental (Rough)1d20+7=26, 1d8+4=11, 1d20+7=13, 1d8+4=7


[/sblock]


http://beta.ditzie.com/46498/528bd1d131425
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Galandra!" Lem shouts in alarm. "Ok creature, you just made a renowned cook mad. It's baking time!" Once more the monk's flaming hands turn a hue of blue.

Actions
[sblock]
Once again, Lem is using a swift action to enable his ki strike, making his attacks magical for this turn as if by a +1 weapon, thus overcoming damage resistance. Flurry of Blows at the rough rock creature in front of him.

And.... it was another waste of a ki point. My attack rolls were much the same, though the damage rolls would have been nice if it connected.

15 to hit with first strike, 5 normal damage and 4 fire
21 to hit with second strike, 3 normal damage and 2 fire
1d20+10=15, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d20+10=21, 1d6=3, 1d6=2
[/sblock]

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP:26/32, AC: 23, AC Touch:21, AC Flat-Footed: 17
Fort: +5, Reflex: +10, Will: +8
Unarmed Strike: Attack: +10 = [BAB (3) + Dex (5) + Size (1) + Weapon Focus (1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Flurry of Blows: Attack: +10/+10 = [Monk(5) + Dex(5) + TWF (-2) +WF(1) +Size(1) + Amulet (0)]
Damage: 1d6+1d6 fire/1d6+1d6 fire, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
Ki Pool: 2/4
[/sblock]
 

jbear

First Post
Taniwha immediately turns its attention to the swinging limbs of the spiked elemental, continuing to snap and claw savagely, but only scoring one decent hit on the creature that protrudes from the wall. Taniwha steps in to the creature's side swinging his scimitar as hard as he can, carving a chunk from its exposed back.

[sblock=Actions]Taniwha full power attacks: Bite 17=Miss Claw 28=Hit for 14 dmg Claw 15=miss
Maui 5ft step and power atk with MW scimitar: 26=Hit for 14 dmg

Total dmg after DR = 18 dmg [/sblock]

Updated Map

[sblock=Lvl 7 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (23) (Touch 13; FFt 18 (21))
HP: 67 Current: 60
CMB: +10 CMD: 22 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions: Resist Lightning (1hr), Mage Armor (1hr), Barkskin (1hr)

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +10; 1d6+6 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; 2/3 Summon Nature's Ally
2nd: Bull's Strength: used, Bark Skin: Used, Resist Energy 0/2
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang: Used, Resist Energy, Communal: Used
4th: Summon Nature Ally IV
Wild Shape: 2/3 uses left per day
[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d8+6; 2 Claws: +11; 1d4 +6 dmg
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 1d6+6; 2 Talons: +11; 1d8+6 dmg; Foreclaws: +5; 1d4+3
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape II]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (23), touch 14 , flat-footed 14 (21)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +12; 2d6+7 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +12 ; 2d4+7 dmg (+Grab)
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 14/16
Communal Wand of CLW 50/50
Wand of Magic Fang: 46/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 48/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 48/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: Trip/Disarm +10 (+13) CMD: 25 (27) (29 (31) vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +3

Conditions: Mage armor (1hr), Greater Magic Fang (6hrs); Bull's Strength (7 mins)


Bite: +10 (+13) ; 1d6+4 (+7) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +10 (+13); 1d3+4 (+7) dmg
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
With Vincenzo's gambit, the creature is unable to attack Galandra again, but the rock creature does in fact graze Viecnzo's side as he moves into the other room. He does take a pebble out in his counter attack however.

While both Galandra and Lem have proven ineffective at hitting the rock creature, Maui and his companion prove otherwise. 4 attacks from the pair of them show signs that the creature is getting weaker, as more dirt and rubble fall to the ground.

[sblock=GM]
Rough:
-AoO - 1d20+12=20, 2d6+14=19

Kinem and Tasanto Remain for the Round. I moved both Maui and Vinecnzo from the prevoius map, and also gave Tasanto an opportunity to 5' step and attack.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]

Enemies:
"Rough" Creature: AC 22 DR 5/- 49/68; Has Cover in wall expect for exposed section; Finally hit something! Twice even!

Heroes:
Nysys 26 28/29
--Tasanto 44/44
Menik 17 32/32
Lem 23 26/32
Galandra 17 13/52
Vincenzo 19 48/68
Maui 23 51/56
Taniwha 26 50/50
[/sblock]

Updated Map
 
Last edited:

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top