[LPF]Treasure Hunt

sunshadow21

Explorer
You open the door and find what once was a treasury. Chests and shelves line the walls. The shelves are empty, but the chests are closed. One chest in particular catches your eye, being the only one with design work carved into it.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks into the room and eyes the empty shelves, then the chests.

Looks like the hobgoblins got to this stuff, wonder why the chests aren't disturbed? And that one...

Marcus points to the decorated chest.

...looks interesting. Any of you who use magic, can you tell if anything within is magical?

Marcus kneels down and takes a closer look at the chest or box nearest himself, looking for a lock and to see if he can tell if there might be any traps or anything to them.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel mumbles a few words and glances at each of the chests in turn to see if any of them conceal magical aura's her eyes lingering on any that do happen to contain magical aura's long enough to determine the stength of the Aura's and to attempt to determine the nature of the Aura's.

OOC: Cast Detect Magic, scanning the chests, and perform a few quick skill checks to assist in the efforts.

Ehdge

First Post
"If they aren't magical, do any of you know the ways of locks and traps? I don't fancy getting poisoned by a needle, or blown up when we open them." says Ehdge to his companions as he glances around the room looking for signs of traps or arrow holes around the room and ceiling.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus eyes the chest nearest him a moment and, satisfied that it looks safe, reaches out and opens it while waiting for, as his head is bent down he assumes the Elven Maiden, to give word about possible magical contents and auras around the other chests.

[sblock=Message for All]I may or may not have a chance to post again before Monday with this being Christmas in the US. If I am unable to, I wish you all a safe a happy Holiday season and so I won't forget, a Happy and Safe New Year.[/sblock]

Ehdge

First Post
Ehdge makes his way around the room opening the more plain chests and leaving the decorative one alone for the time being.

OOC: Merry Christmas to you all! I should still be able to post throughout the next week, but with all that is going on, I may be a little slow.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"As you may have noticed, the plain looking chests appear to have nothing innately magical, much less anything else in them. The carved chest is a different matter on the other hand. It does appear to have a single magical aura coming from it. Though I do not think I am going to be able to identify what type of Aura it is without closer examination." Fae'shiel explains to the group.

Remove ads