log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] Veiled Antics

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jamir was feeling as good as new, but Robert was still suffering some minor injuries yet. The bard had gained some more experience though the battle and trying to heal.

“Do you have a wand of healing, Robert? I do have more spells, but not many.”

Nonetheless, Jamir used a spell on still wounded warrior.

[sblock=Actions]Cast CMW since I leveled up Jamir to 4th to match Charity and Robert is nearly 5th level. Healed 12 damage from Robert
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=9502840# [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +7
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +5 CMD: 17(15ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Current Conditions in Effect: 20ft Bright Illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 11/14 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 1/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)]
2nd Level 1/2 [Heroism, Cure Moderate Wounds][/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine joined Robert in searching the bodies of the wererats. The she quickly overturned the bedrolls too. She did not look happy after a quick look. "They do not have my stuff on them. Nor is it in the bed rolls. They have a leader around here somewhere, we shall have to find him."

There was no key or much of value on the dead. Their studded leather armor was nothing special, but their shortswords were all of good quality (masterwork). The had some coins in their pouches, but only a handful of gold and silver.

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   37/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    28/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Minion foes (without names) I just kill off at -1HP. The wererats were all dead upon combat conclusion so you need not worry about the channel energy.

Treasure is likely vender trash so I will not bother listing the value. But if you need there are 4 Mwk Shortswords.[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
The flame-haired guard looks distressed. "I guess I should be happy it actually worked... but the priests are so much better with the direct-appeal-to-the-divine style of healing." Approaching Robert, Charity roots through her pack and pulls out a healing kit and a wand. After cleaning the woodsman's wounds up, she then heals him with the wand until he appears fully healed. Despite his apparent recovery, Charity comments, "Robert, simply cleaning the wound and healing over the top may not be enough. We'll want to pay attention to this one, it could be worse than simple rat fever."

[sblock=Actions]In order, but more than 1 round's worth: Tuck hammer under belt so it can be drawn normally, Retrieve items (kit and wand), Approach Robert (F-20), use healing kit to assist recovery from disease, Use Wand CLW (three times on Robert)

I think this means Robert gets +2 save on his next check on his disease. I forgot to take the +2 for using the healing kit, that would be 21, although 19 was probably enough. I'll mark it off in any case:
Heal check to give bonus to save on Roberts disease: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

And this should top Robert off:
1st use of Wand of CLW on Robert: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3

2nd use of Wand of CLW on Robert: 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5

3rd use of Wand of CLW on Robert: 1D8+1 = [7]+1 = 8
[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 37/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17


Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1


Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1


Current Item(s) in Hand: healing kit, wand CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: ioun torch, dagger, lucerne hammer
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 3 cgs[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


"Thanks Charity. We will worry about that after we finished up here." Robert replies. He then turns to Jasmine. "You recognize any of those guys? Or if not any number of people you would anticipate to meet here? Like Ratguy number seven and fourteen missing but who are usually on guard duty?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine nodded, "Yes, I recognize three of them. There is a fourth, their leader that is not here."

"That one,"
she gestured to the one Robert killed first. "I do not recognize him."

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Robert is diseased and will need to get cured within 24 hours or become a wererat. Solved by going to a temple and paying for the spell after the adventure.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Finished with Robert, Charity continues with herself. Speaking the magic word, the wand springs to life once more, providing wound-closing magic. Seemingly happy with the result, Cortesia's guard puts her healing kit and wand away and starts policing the north wall for her possessions. By the time she ends up next to the ladder, she has put her dagger back in its scabbard, picked up her pole arm, and retrieved and her light bearing stone. The stone she sets into motion around her head, allowing it to move with her. "Sorry, so much to clean up. I'm ready," she announces, turning towards the doors to the east.

[sblock=Cure Light Wounds]Just one casting on herself (5 pts):
4th use of CLW Wand healing self: 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 4 cgs[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


"I am ready too. Lets see if the rats fled from the sinking boat." Robert replies and proceeds to take position next to Charity at the door.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jamir and Jasmine nodded as well, the bard standing behind Charity and Jasmine behind him. Opening the door the light from Jamir’s ioun stone shined down a stairwell about 10 feet wide. At the bottom, several feet down it appeared there was another set of double doors. They looked closed from the top of the stairs.

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Stepping down the first few steps, Charity looks into the gloom at the edge of the light. "Alright," she begins in a low voice, somewhat above a whisper, "stagger the group and head down." With that, she continues, the edge of the light pushing forward and illuminating more stairs as she descends, her pace notably slower than a walk.

[sblock=Actions]Double move to H-28. Moving at half speed so Stealth is not penalized--trying to not stomp down the stairs.[/sblock]
[sblock=Note to GM]I think I used my smite on Wererat 3.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 4 cgs[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


"The ominous staircase down. Lets keep our guard up while traversing it. Don't want any traps sprugn in my face or slip because some Rat couldn't hold it in..." Robert remarks, eying the Stairs carefully. "No looks perfectly fine, follow me."

The Ranger takes the lead.

[sblock="Perception + actiom"]Perception roll: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9


Robert will move downstairs but will wait till the light catches up so that the next 10 feet in front of him are lit....

or sth horrible happens to him ;)


[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Without speaking, Jamir and Jasmine followed Robert and Charity down the stairs, the orbiting stone around the bard’s head illuminating the ranger’s examination of the floor as you descended. You reached the bottom of the stairs without something happening first to interrupt things.

You stood before the double door at the foot of the stairs. There was no landing and the doors opened away from you.

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


The ranger leans in closer to the door, carefully avoiding touching it so that they don't just swing open. He closes his eyes and tries to concentrate, maybe picking up some sound from beyond the door.

[sblock="perception roll"]Listen if anything is beyond the closed door (moving/talking/making noise): 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
[/sblock]


[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Seeing Robert stop to listen so intently, Charity kept her pole-arm at the ready, as if the doors might open at any moment and a sudden call for action issued. However, the down moment gave her a bit of time to look back upon her new associate, and then her employer, before focusing back to the door and the job of keeping Robert safe.

[sblock=Action]Pretty much just being ready while Robert acts.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 4 cgs[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine remained a few steps up from Jamir, keeping to the back yet.

Robert listened at the doors. Charity was quiet not wanting to interfere. Neither could hear any noises coming through the door from the other side.

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jamir was quiet while Robert listened at the closed doors.

Not seeing ay reaction from the warrior to indicate he heard anything, he whispered, “Do you you want to make any preparations before opening them. I presume you think the leader is just on the other side, yes?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]NPC Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +7
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 30 Current: 30
CMB: +5 CMD: 17(15ff) Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +4
Current Conditions in Effect: 20ft Bright Illumination
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 11/14 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights]
1st Level 1/4 [Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Cause Fear (DC15)]
2nd Level 1/2 [Heroism, Cure Moderate Wounds][/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


"I have my sword in hand, so i am prepared as it gets. Any of you need prep time? Else I would just go in sword blazing." Robert replies to Jamir.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
"Good here," Charity mentions in a subdued voice, barely audible even to those a few short steps away. She reaches down and pats her silver hammer at her belt, before resuming her readied stance. She takes a breath as her eyes narrow in anticipation.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 4 cgs[/sblock]
 

Lindeloef

First Post


"Okay then, on 3 I open the door. Charity, you should do the same with your door." Robert explains before counting up "1... 2... 3..."

The Ranger tries to push the door open.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +9 CMD: 23
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]
 

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Long red tresses shift together as Charity nods in assent of Robert's plan. A quick look back at Jamir and Jasmine as she waits for the third count, she tries to open the door as best she can with her right hand, left still holding onto her primary weapon...

[sblock=action]Charity is ready to hold her hand in front of Robert at the last second if either Jamir or Jasmine look unready. Otherwise opening the door and getting her main hand back onto her weapon as soon as possible.[/sblock]
[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 18 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 42/42
CMB: +6 CMD: 17

Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +9
Perception: +9 Sense Motive: +8
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 2/6
Channel Energy remaining: 4/7
Smite remaining: 0/1

Current Item(s) in Hand: lucerne hammer
Current Conditions in Effect: ioun torch
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit - 1 cg, Wand of CLW - 4 cgs[/sblock]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Jasmine said nothing and let you all just open the door.

The double door opened and revealed a large chamber with tiled floor and stone walls. A mosaic of a large rat was designed into the tiles in the center of the room. There were heavy doors along the right wall, with little barred windows in them like they were the doors to cells.


The room was dark, lit only by the ioun stone orbiting Jamir’s head. In the dimness before you was a lone rat-man. He looked like he had been waiting for you. Unlike the others, he was wearing a shining steel breast plate. In his hand was a silvery rapier made of mithral.

The wererat dropped an empty vial that clattered on the tiles. His voice was a deadly hiss, “You should not have come. Tis your own fatal mistake.”

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
- Medium bodies will be treated as difficult terrain.

[/sblock]
OOC: Combat: Round 1 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]Everyone is aware and no longer flat-footed.

Initiative:
Were-rat leader
You Guys

Party Status:
Code:
Charity:   42/42 HP remaining; 
Robert:    42/42 HP remaining; Diseased
Jamir:     30/30 HP remaining; 
Jasmine:   ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used:
   Charity: Smite Evil 1/1, Lay on Hands 4/6, Ch Energy 3/7, Spells 1st 0/1
   Jamir:   Bard Perf (lingering) 3/14, Spells 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2
Conditions in effect: None
Enemy Status:
Code:
WRL  [AC21, Touch 14, CMD25, DR10/Silver]: ??/??hp
[/sblock]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top