Luckblade and Luck feats - simplify?

Mistah J

First Post
Hey!

One of the characters in the game I lead is a rogue based on luck feats from Complete Scoundrel (including the Fortune's Friend PrC).

I figure a small side quest that ends with getting a Luckblade is a sure-fire pleaser.
What I am curious about is trying to simplify or harmonize the two mechanics:

Instead of a free, floating re-roll, I was thinking the Luckblade could improve the luck pool given by the feats.
The question is by how much? It should be more than just one since I am now limiting that re-roll to only whatever is available via the feats. Is two enough? Three?

Or should I go another way and say that by spending two points (or three) out of the pool, the character can get the free re-roll on any roll - feats or not?

I feel like there should be some way to make these two things work together.. if only so the character doesn't have to keep track of multiple forms of luck rolls

Thanks for your help on this,

Omegaxicor

First Post
why not have both, using two "Luck Rerolls" you can reroll any roll (as the sword normally gives). The sword grants two extra "Luck Rerolls"

Mistah J

First Post
that's a darn good idea!

I thought of that originally but I figured it might be too much since, as the luck pool grows, she'll be able to use the sword's re-roll power more than once a day.

However, seeing someone else mention it makes me think it's not so bad. In fact, as she gains levels this will ensure the sword stays useful.

Thanks

Remember that as per the MiC rules the character will still be able to upgrade the luckblade. It is a weapon after all, you might as well put it to use as such.

Remove ads